HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Dec 27, 2011, 07:55 PM
United States, VA, Chantilly
Joined Apr 2011
980 Posts
Discussion
Real Flight Airport Editor - 3D (Not Photo Realistic)

I am starting this thread in hopes of getting some help buidling airports in Real Flight 6.

I downloaded the PDF manual - really not much help. Has anyone created a tutorial on how to make a new airport (not photorealistic) or remember where one is on RCG?

Please help if you can ....
JimMcWhorter is offline Find More Posts by JimMcWhorter
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2011, 07:57 PM
Joined Apr 2011
980 Posts
My Initial Attempt - 3D Airport - Skyview

I have a new field partially built but need to learn how to add a hill to a runway.

The other problem I figure out is why trees don't show up. In the Environment > Edit mode I have trees lining the road. When I choose File > Exit To Simulatorthe trees are not there. In the View>Scenery I have selected All.

How do I make it so if I run into a building or a fence that it causes damage to the airplane or heli?

What settings/specifications makes Painted Canyon a sorta island in the sky (you can literaly fly out of the simulation into nothingness) and Flight School endless - you can literally fly any direction for hours and RF will keep generating scenary?

If I knew how - I would gladly upload Skyview Airpark so you could see what I've done and where I want to go with this
Last edited by JimMcWhorter; Dec 27, 2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 08:04 PM
Joined Apr 2011
980 Posts
Lake Anna Aiport (7W4) Bumpass Virginia

What is the magic switch that allows you to draw something to actual dimensions? When I insert a runway and set the length - RF automatically sets the width.

Example: http://www.airnav.com/airport/7W4

The Bumpass Airport (7W4) runway at Lake Anna in VA is 2,558' long by 50' wide. Put 2,558' into the runway length parameter and RF makes the width 366' - wide enough to land the space shuttle.

How do I make RF accept manual input of width and length?
Old Dec 27, 2011, 08:08 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
You would do better to join the RF forums and ask there. There are lots of people who will help you. If they give you a rough time, tell them you're with me.

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Dec 28, 2011, 07:37 AM
Joined Apr 2011
980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn View Post
You would do better to join the RF forums and ask there. There are lots of people who will help you. If they give you a rough time, tell them you're with me.

What a great suggestion! I see that you are a frequent poster on Designing Airports - Tips and Tricks hosted by 12oclockhigh. I sent you a PM via knifeedge.com/forums. In the PM I explained that the current thread had little or no 3D airport creation information. To that end and your suggestion, I created a new thread on knifeedge.com/forums called Designing Aiports in 3D (Not Photo Realistic)" This thread is dedicated to 3D aiports only.

Thanks - see you on KnifeEdge ...
Old Dec 28, 2011, 07:42 AM
Joined Apr 2011
980 Posts
Closing the Thread ......

If interested in creating airports in REAL FLIGHT - please go to:

Then go to:
Knife Edge Forums> RealFlight - Designer's Corner> RealFlight 6 - Designer's Corner

For Photo Realistic Fields - see 12oclockhigh's Designing Airports - Tips and Tricks

For 3D Fields - see my thread Designing Aiports in 3D (Not Photo Realistic

Best of luck!
Closed Thread