SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 27, 2011, 02:14 PM
Joined Oct 2011
412 Posts
Careful!
My 1st real issue with Banana Hobby...

All in all I've been reasonably happy with BH. I order from all three and haven't had a single real issue till now. I ordered a helicopter for my son on Dec 12th that showed as in stock (why I bought it). I got the normal "your in the que" email and then a week later got a your order model has been discontinued but we have the same model in this color.

I've got no issue with inventory issues around the holidays but to take a full week to notify me that a item listed as in stock actually isn't is not acceptable. They compounded this by failing to provide any shipping information. The notification shows shipped by UPS but the active link is USPS and shows "mid January" as a delivery date. Which makes me wonder if the product was actually drop shipped from China.

Combine that with an inability to alter or change my order for parts that were shown as in stock and aren't is even more frustrating. So I will need to pay additional shipping for those parts but can't add to the order.

Compare that with both competitors and they are sorely lacking. Obviously the free battery gives them a few brownie points...but if I can't trust the website or assume reasonable accommodations for issues they create its a lot less likely I'll buy anything in the future. Up till now I've never even thought twice before I pulled the trigger with BH...if in fact my helicopter shows up UPS in the next week that probably won't change...if in fact they did not ship it as indicated or it's on the slow boat then I'll probably just have the charges reversed on my credit card and refuse the delivery in mid January.
TxToast is offline Find More Posts by TxToast
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2011, 10:17 AM
Joined Oct 2011
412 Posts
My helicopter got here via UPS last night. So they did ship it out UPS and within 24 hours after I responded to their email. All in all it's hard to fault them for anything other then a website that doesn't have real time inventory updates. The flip side is it appears to be another well made quality product for a good price.

So we have a trade off of price vs an "ideal" customer experience every-time. All in all the response after the glitch was outstanding and anyone who's run a business knows $#!^ happens.
TxToast is offline Find More Posts by TxToast