HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2012, 06:02 PM
Joined Sep 2011
242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
If you are ask other than what's in the manual, I need to know your linkage setup and flying skills/preference and style to guess but there are two pilots now who can answer what they did.
Hi Max,
The linkages are setup as furthest on servo arm and center hole on the control surface. As the per manual .
genghiskt is offline Find More Posts by genghiskt
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2012, 06:09 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,247 Posts
Yes we cranked her up to full warp speed.... actually we only went up to 100km/h. The tie downs we had on the landing gear slipped.

But these were real nerds..... they have a vertical wind tunnels and when I asked when were we all going sky diving... they replied, "this is not a toy you". Gotta laugh.

For the Euro I wanted to figure out a way to add the LE flaps because this likely makes a big difference along with the washout tha prevents pitch up stalls. I luv my Euro... got to get it up and running again the same time I roll out my SU-35. One of the guys have a glass Habu. Will have to see them up against each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever View Post
Sorry for your model... what happened? did they try push past the sound barrier? Would love a video of that xDDD

Geeks rule, normality is overstated.

Ya know, I study Aeronautical Engineering and we're pretty much geek, one way or another. Its half of its charm / fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever View Post
In fact, I'm seriously considering to do a stall-essay ont the eurofighter wings, sticking white threads all over its surface and filming with a little HD camera on-board. It'd be nice to know at which AoA the boundary layer detaches in our models. It'd help better understanding the flight capabilities of these aircraft.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2012, 06:17 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,535 Posts
Max, sorry cant load the video due to quality.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Jan 16, 2012, 06:21 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,535 Posts
Still leaves me wondering, oh well shes flying fine so... off to the field again batteries are done charged.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 06:25 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by genghiskt View Post
Hi Max,
The linkages are setup as furthest on servo arm and center hole on the control surface. As the per manual .
I'm trying to get some direct feed back on the linkage setup. The initial reply is as follows;
FOR THE INNER SERVO ARM HOLE , THE TRAVEL WILL BE SMALLER BUT WITH STRONGER FORCE,
FOR THE OUTER SERVO HOLE, THE TRAVEL WILL BE LONDER BUT WITH WEAK FORCE.
USING WHICH SERVO ARM HOLE IS THE SELECTION OF THE USER ONLY.FOR EACH CHANNEL
TRAVEL SETTING , MAY BE YOU CAN STUDY SU-35 USER MANUAL PAGE 15.

So not helpful. I explained further and am still waiting to hear if they have a reason why they did the opposite of the above in the picture. One thing many complain about with radios is dead ban. But setting up your servo to do the full surface movement without hardly moving the stick through there full swing just introduces dead ban.

I tend not to fly with expo to I won't give my settings. But as I explained earlier try the different linkage settings both ways and you can see the difference yourself. Since you have the manual, I wouldn't do differently. The only changes maybe is, as Troy Newman explained, where you set the expo. Low expo can come up and bit you especially with a full flying stab. I think the manual said 30%..... past this the curve becomes sharper so if you had input just finely transitioning past 30% the rate changes with the curve and if you're not expecting it you can over steer a fine movement which with a full flying stab is amplified because of their effectiveness with each degree of deflection.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2012, 06:34 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Max, sorry cant load the video due to quality.
Ok I'll live. Thanks for the effort anyways. I set out all the weights on mine also and actually needed 750g to balance. Because Its all up in the air still and I haven't got my EDFs yet, I'll just waiting till I get her all together.

But if when you do it at the top of the deceleration, she tips to the belly, let me know.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2012, 06:34 PM
Joined Sep 2011
242 Posts
Thanks Max!!
genghiskt is offline Find More Posts by genghiskt
Old Jan 16, 2012, 06:38 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinfan View Post
it looks like this only all black says 2200KV on box http://www.ebay.com/itm/70MM-EDF-280...=item27b53ddc5
Ok that's the standard Freewing 70mm note the 2800kv. It wasn't that great even for the smaller F-35. Who knows though. 4S... for I guess the sport version.

Main Specification:
No.Of cells: 4S(14.8V)
Shaft diameter: 4.0mm
Weight: 85g(3oz.)
RPM/V:2800
Output Power :550w
Max Current(<60s): 36A
Thrust: 1200g(42.33oz.)
Recommended model weight: 800-1200g
Recommended model fans: ∮70mm Fans

http://www.sz-freewing.com/productsp...lassname=Motor
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Maxthrottle; Jan 16, 2012 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Correction not not note. This link is for the 2800 which hasn't been associated with the SU-35 till possibly now
Old Jan 16, 2012, 06:55 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,535 Posts
That's what I was thinking that maybe BH is shipping the 4s version and not stating it.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 07:05 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,247 Posts
Quote:
That's what I was thinking that maybe BH is shipping the 4s version and not stating it.
But where are we hearing the these motors are actually going on the SU-35. The link is for the motor only. If any vendor... well that's not for this thread.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2012, 07:35 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,535 Posts
Miss read merlins post. Either way he says his motor is different then the 1 I have. Said his Is like the one in the link only all black... so I'm guessing his is a 2200kv?
Old Jan 16, 2012, 07:59 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
2,912 Posts
Quote:
I sure hope not...I will be p#*#*d! Their website specifically states 6s.
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Jan 16, 2012, 08:10 PM
USA, AZ, Buckeye
Joined Feb 2010
530 Posts
Okay...I have been half watching the posts regarding motor combos on this plane....am I reading that some people who received their plane had different ESC's and motors? It sounds as though someone that got theirs from BH feels they received a different version of SU-35 with different power systems?

Why exactly do you feel this way? Do you have some pictures of the motors or parts that are different from others on the thread?
mray is offline Find More Posts by mray
Old Jan 16, 2012, 08:17 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mray View Post
Okay...I have been half watching the posts regarding motor combos on this plane....am I reading that some people who received their plane had different ESC's and motors? It sounds as though someone that got theirs from BH feels they received a different version of SU-35 with different power systems?

Why exactly do you feel this way? Do you have some pictures of the motors or parts that are different from others on the thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
To: ***************
Subject: FREEWING SU-35 MOTOR INFORMATION
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 17:26:04 +0800

DEAR MR ***********,

AFTER CHECKING WITH FREEWING , THEY INFORM THAT

THE NEWEST UPGRADE MOTOR FOR SU-35 IS 2849 2300KV

( BEFORE IS 2839 2200KV ) AND THE MOTOR DETAIL INFORMATION

IS AFS:

- Outside Diameter : 28mm

- Total Length : 49mm

- MOTOR SHAFT DIA : 4.0mm

- No. Of Stator Arms : 12

- No. Of Magnet Poles : 8

- Weight : 110g

- Kv : 2300 rpm / V

- Working Voltage : 14.8v - 22.2v

WITH FREEWING 70MM DUCTED FAN , THE STATIC THRUST IS

AROUND 1700 - 1800g AND DRAWING CURRENT IS AROUND

45A ( ACCORDING TO YOUR 6S 22.2V BATTERY POWER ). ATTACHED

IS THE PHOTO OF THE MOTOR. HOPE ABOVE INFORMATION

CAN HELP YOU.

************ to protect all parties.

HAVE A NICE DAY !

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=4552574
Quote:
My motors are different from the ones V8 showed pics of. They look just like the other Freewing 64, 70, 90s with the cone shaped outrunners. Except mine are all black. I think they are the best of the cheapie EDFs from my experience. Still easy to find a big boost with a more expensive setup. $ x 2
and again

Quote:
it looks like this only all black says 2200KV on box http://www.ebay.com/itm/70MM-EDF-280...=item27b53ddc5

Mine look like these (posted by me earlier)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=4544181

so thats why we are having the discussion of different motors. Seems merlin got different motors in his PNP. If the 1st post by Max is true which indeed it is, why does merlin have different motors in his PNP from a different vendor than i purchased? So are Merlins the old 2839 2200kv motors or 4s motors or something else???
Last edited by v8truckin; Jan 16, 2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 08:44 PM
Throttle Bender
Joined Jun 2008
1,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargassm View Post
Vertical flight is sweet, flew mine on a 6s 4900ma rhino 25c and it had authority!!! ill get it on video this Saturday
I think this is a BH plane. Wargasm do you have the black motors?
merlinfan is offline Find More Posts by merlinfan