HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:16 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2011
3,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by genghiskt View Post
If these fans work well on SU, I will setup another set for ME-262 too.
Hey welcome to the 4s parallel Su35 club! I think you and I are the only 2 running 4s, mine is ready for maiden, maybe tomorrow, btw you dont mention which fans you are using? I'm running the CS12B/ARC 28-58-1s with 3700mAh x 2, you can go back a few pages and see my fan test and the test in plane. I had an unbalanced spinner and shaft adapter, got them replaced now ready to fly
IntheTubeDeep is online now Find More Posts by IntheTubeDeep
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:17 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,200 Posts
Quote:
This is my next setup for SU35. I m sorry for the poor quality video. Didn't have time to set it up nicely.
These number are tested in the SU35 fuselage. Running on 2 x 4500mah 14.8V 4S in series and they are 80% charge. 2 x Hobbywing 70A HV ESC, timing 4. 8PWN setting.

Please give me your comments. It is going to be a fast SU35??

In my crashed SU35 fuselage.
http://youtu.be/QIRlkzAJXTk

http://youtu.be/djGJnHOODBQ
Btw what is the weight of the 2 4500s total?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:19 PM
Joined Sep 2011
272 Posts
ITTD, they are Freewing fans, but...........I run on 2 x 4S = 8S.. Sorry....I didn't run on 4s parallel.

Cheers mate!
genghiskt is online now Find More Posts by genghiskt
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:19 PM
Joined Sep 2011
272 Posts
They are about 840g.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:25 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,200 Posts
Quote:
ITTD, they are Freewing fans, but...........I run on 2 x 4S = 8S.. Sorry....I didn't run on 4s parallel.

Cheers mate!
Wow 8s... ok you're out of the 4s parallel club! That leaves just me...
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:31 PM
Joined Sep 2011
272 Posts
Why don't you join me in 8S ?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:50 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,200 Posts
Quote:
Why don't you join me in 8S ?
29.6v?? How is your ESC and motors handling that voltage!??? Btw the numbers on the meter was that reading of 87A for both fans??
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:30 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,200 Posts
Su35 Front Retract Trailing arm Link Replacement

Pilots if you saw my vid on replacing the front trailing arm strut link, I found an even better substitute which requires no milling: your LHS should have this piece of Aluminum Square tube, its about 6.5mm around and makes a perfect replacement for the stock plastic piece. It just requires a few drill holes and machine screws to hold to strut. I drilled mine out and now its ready to install. The holes for mounting are 135mm on center, the overall length is 142mm, the stock plastic arm weighs 3.2g, the un-drilled piece weighs 3.7g this weighs 3.0g after drilling.
Last edited by IntheTubeDeep; Feb 06, 2013 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Error
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:02 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,086 Posts
Thanks to all of you who have provided feedback about foam reinforcement. I'm not certain how I will do it yet, but I have time to think about it (It will be 2 or 3 months before I can even think about flying up here.............)

I tested all my servos yesterday, and the right up/down thrust vector servo was DOA (totally frozen, only buzzed when plugged in). I contacted BH, and they have a replacement on the way (Quick response, very happy with their customer service)

I have GForce 5000mah 40C and 60C LiPo's on order, should be here in a couple of days. Also bought a couple of HobbyWing BEC's, as I've read too many reports about FW BEC failures (not worth risking my aircraft for marginal crap). I ordered a 99,999 RPM tachometer and awesome Watt meter, so I can do some really neat bench testing..............

Meanwhile, I will beat the p*ss out of the FW ESC's, to see if they will hold up or not.

I'll keep you posted on my test results..............

As always,
Regards, Dave
davemilw07 is offline Find More Posts by davemilw07
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:06 PM
Joined Sep 2011
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheTubeDeep View Post
29.6v?? How is your ESC and motors handling that voltage!??? Btw the numbers on the meter was that reading of 87A for both fans??
They are cool..no problem. 87A is total Amp draw for both fan..
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:11 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
they are cool..no problem. 87a is total amp draw for both fan..
both?
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:17 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,086 Posts
Something I forgot to ask...............

Do the FW ESC's require any special programming, or are they already good to go??? The manual says absolutely nothing about it.......

If they DO require any setup, how do I accomplish it????

Thanks, Dave
davemilw07 is offline Find More Posts by davemilw07
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:49 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
3,051 Posts
Dave, welcome to the club!

I wouldn't fiberglass the nose, that's a lot of weight to add to the nose and will unbalance the plane. I take off from a bad grass field and yes, the foam behind the nose gear collapsed on the 3rd or 4th landing but you can solve it easier without adding so much weight. This is the solution I came up with: I built a balsa wall reinforced with fiberglass and attached to the back of the nose gear bay, right ahead of battery compartment. that stops the foam from breaking. It doesn't need anything else. I'll post pics this weekend if you want to see it.

As for the nose-reparable design, just as V8 said, this airplane is made for it.
Pic-proven:

BEFORE

AFTER

And you can see how bad my grass field was, I have lots of videos...
Check my channel: https://vimeo.com/channels/edfjets

Quote:
They are cool..no problem. 87A is total Amp draw for both fan..
Wait, are you using 8S on stock motors, fans and ESCs?

OMG that sounds sweet...
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:52 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever View Post
Dave, welcome to the club!

I wouldn't fiberglass the nose, that's a lot of weight to add to the nose and will unbalance the plane. I take off from a bad grass field and yes, the foam behind the nose gear collapsed on the 3rd or 4th landing but you can solve it easier without adding so much weight. This is the solution I came up with: I built a balsa wall reinforced with fiberglass and attached to the back of the nose gear bay, right ahead of battery compartment. that stops the foam from breaking. It doesn't need anything else. I'll post pics this weekend if you want to see it.

As for the nose-reparable design, just as V8 said, this airplane is made for it.
Pic-proven:

BEFORE

AFTER

And you can see how bad my grass field was, I have lots of videos...
Check my channel: https://vimeo.com/channels/edfjets

Wait, are you using 8S on stock motors, fans and ESCs?

OMG that sounds sweet...
So, just from landing only 4 times it messed up your 35 real bad!
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:20 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
3,051 Posts
Well, the pictures are from a direct crash into the gorund on the 40th+ flight. The issue on the 3rd 4th flight was just the nose gear breaking the foam. I was answering 2 things at a time, maybe I didn't explain myself good enough, my apologies.

Cheers!
Jandro.
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever