HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:20 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2011
2,921 Posts
New Spinner from X-Flight Su35

Pilots I just received my spinners from X-flight, I found 2 un-used 4mm shaft adapters in my endless stack of boxes holding RC stuff, I'm gonna test in a few minutes see if the vibration disappears, Here is Link for the Spinners:

http://www.x-flight.com.hk/?p=6&id=182&lang=en
IntheTubeDeep is online now Find More Posts by IntheTubeDeep
Last edited by IntheTubeDeep; Jan 30, 2013 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Error
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:56 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
6S 4400 mah 65c-130c NanoTech New never used
$85 shipped Priority Mail http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1820360
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:17 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,449 Posts
Thanks for the update jcd. I've been reading thru that thread and two others;
esr ir meter for lipos and Lipoly Objective Performance Database threads.

The Battery Comparison Test: X amp Nominal Constand load that you just linked to, is the simplest compare chart. Clearly its not all about the C rating.

They both describe a few things that change current thinking on Lipos and what they can deliver. All three of the threads are starting to recognize that no mater what C rating a lipo may have, the resistance (IR), for even the best ones out there do little better than 3 mOhm. From the studies a new formula to measure our batteries emerges;
Max Amp draw = Square Root of (6xCapacity/IR) Ref magic formula

When used its starting to present a different picture on the type of performance that we can expect from any lipo, and as they go through their life cycle, that we should be measuring them more accurately by checking the building increase in IR that is developed from pushing the battery beyond nominal loading. The marketing cheat from manufacturers is that the C ratings and performance may be some what accurate in the beginning. How they are made can greatly change how they can maintain such with each consecutive use.

Many are having issues with lipos in the EDF world, because we are simply running them harder than they are designed to. The harder we run them the shorter the life cycle. But pilots really only know by getting the actual IR of your battery as you use it and applying it in the magic formula above.

So my take away is this explains why the marketed C ratings don't seem to match battery performance, and that it is whom ever has the better lipo formula.
The Higher C rating for most do better because they reduce the IR to the current limit, but also maintain the Lithium Polymer and electrolyte integrity longer with each charge.
Which again matches the complete difference you found with 45C Nano vs 65C Nano's. It implies the formula's are different enough that one drops off in performance more quickly.
This all also reflects why some lower C rated may last for a time, but in the EDF application, can and does overstress most lower C rated batteries because their IR is higher while some manufacturers change the ingredient enough to have a shorter life cycle.
So we have to start looking to databases of performance range to get a better picture to compare one battery manufacturers recipe over another's and Efliers will need to add a good IR meter to their box of tools.

For what its worth.... it makes for an interesting read.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Maxthrottle; Jan 30, 2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:38 PM
Joined Jan 2011
2,921 Posts
SU35 Pilot Mod Issue- Input Needed!

Ok if you saw my Pilot Mod with the moving head I have a problem-- I hooked it up to Y harness, and tried on my servo tester-- all worked fine, head, steering, rudders perfect. I hooked up to Rx, and RUDD/Steering work but head does NOt!! no movement, but it would out of the blue turn 90 degrees, like the Exorcist!! Any Ideas???
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:45 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
xxx
Last edited by goldsworthy; Jan 30, 2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:18 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
The Revolelectrix 6S 60C comes in at 790g. That's a pretty good weight class and based on performance tests at at 100 A and 120 A, these appear to be good value for the $129 + shipping from Singapore.

Let us know which ones you get to see if they ring true on your applications as well.

Thanks jcd....
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:25 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,449 Posts
Check to see if the "head" servo line is under tension. You may be pulling the wires to the point of stripping leaking Volts to the signal wire.
But basics recheck the connectors and polarity. If still nothing, pull it off the Y and run the tested to control it as is.

Also remind me, what is your RX power supply setup? You could be reaching an amp limit or supply to the RX may not be sufficient....

Oh and I meant to ask.... do you have rats chewing away at your inlet lips? Why are they so rough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheTubeDeep View Post
SU35 Pilot Mod Issue- Input Needed!

Ok if you saw my Pilot Mod with the moving head I have a problem-- I hooked it up to Y harness, and tried on my servo tester-- all worked fine, head, steering, rudders perfect. I hooked up to Rx, and RUDD/Steering work but head does NOt!! no movement, but it would out of the blue turn 90 degrees, like the Exorcist!! Any Ideas???
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:27 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,701 Posts
Max,

My 5000mah Gforce 60c @ 788g should be here before the wkend so ill get a flight demo for u to add to the list.

Oh ya talk about nice weather...Today 2-3mph winds, sunny, and 60*F mow that's perfect weather!!!
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:33 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Max,

My 5000mah Gforce 60c @ 788g should be here before the wkend so ill get a flight demo for u to add to the list.

Oh ya talk about nice weather...Today 2-3mph winds, sunny, and 60*F mow that's perfect weather!!!
Hey shutta ur Mout'
It went up to 9* today with heavy winds and rain to wash away the 2' of snow we just got. Temps are already diving for the next 2 days.....
So ya.... don't want to hear about it Just cheer me up with some good flight videos
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:37 PM
Joined Jan 2011
2,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
Check to see if the "head" servo line is under tension. You may be pulling the wires to the point of stripping leaking Volts to the signal wire.
But basics recheck the connectors and polarity. If still nothing, pull it off the Y and run the tested to control it as is.

Also remind me, what is your RX power supply setup? You could be reaching an amp limit or supply to the RX may not be sufficient....

Oh and I meant to ask.... do you have rats chewing away at your inlet lips? Why are they so rough?
Ha rats my cat ate most of 'em, no that was me hacking away at the lip to make fit in the housing, looks worse in pics than really is , I'm running CC 10A BEC so I doubt its current-- my servo tester it all worked fine... I'll re-check it all
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:38 PM
Joined Jan 2011
2,921 Posts
Re Test CS12B with New adapters & spinners

Ok here is the quick test, all seemed good, no vibrations!

Su35 CS12B 70mm New Spinner Test (1 min 26 sec)
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:57 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
The Revolelectrix 6S 60C comes in at 790g. That's a pretty good weight class and based on performance tests at at 100 A and 120 A, these appear to be good value for the $129 + shipping from Singapore.

Let us know which ones you get to see if they ring true on your applications as well.

Thanks jcd....
yep I am looking at the 5s 5200 40c Platinum series for a 10s pack 184.00 shipped fedx 3-6 day delivery, that is darn good
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:03 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Ha rats my cat ate most of 'em, no that was me hacking away at the lip to make fit in the housing, looks worse in pics than really is , I'm running CC 10A BEC so I doubt its current-- my servo tester it all worked fine... I'll re-check it all
I hope you meen your X cat?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:05 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,449 Posts
Quote:
Ok here is the quick test, all seemed good, no vibrations!
Was that maxed out? They sound a little quiet for that close. Don't wait till the flight to find out if they're are picking up any harmonic at the top end. You don't want to get off the ground and then find out in the sky.
If a motor shaft bends on one side and because your throttle control is off one throttle channel, you can't limp back on a single motor.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:06 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
yep I am looking at the 5s 5200 40c Platinum series for a 10s pack 184.00 shipped fedx 3-6 day delivery, that is darn good
a 10S will work on a 35?