HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:49 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargasm View Post
Avoid Nano-Tech batteries, 2 years ago they were good. Last year everyone @ our field started to have issues with them. 5 guys had their planes catch on fire. Do yourself a favor, get Genace or Genesis.

Almost everyone @ our field has dropped Nano-tech, they are flying Zippy Rhino's, GenAce, Genesis or other brand.
I sure hope there are no problems with the Nanos. I spent over $200.00 on two 6 cell ones for my 35!
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:41 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,542 Posts
Agree I've always avoided the nanos for those reasons, heard it through the grapevine so never jumped on em. So I've been flying gens ace mostly although I do have a set of zippys I use for cruising and a G-Force elite 40c which has held up great. I just orders another pair of gforce elite 60c yesterday so I will post how they perform and get a vid for Max to add to his list.

http://www.valuehobby.com/power-syst...connector.html
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:51 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Agree I've always avoided the nanos for those reasons, heard it through the grapevine so never jumped on em. So I've been flying gens ace mostly although I do have a set of zippys I use for cruising and a G-Force elite 40c which has held up great. I just orders another pair of gforce elite 60c yesterday so I will post how they perform and get a vid for Max to add to his list.

Thanks for the warning! I will sell the new 65C+ NANOS and buy one of the other brands listed!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:59 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,849 Posts
So, someone else's plane blows up? Just pulling your chain!
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:08 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
I just wish I had known about the NANO problem before I spent $200.00 on batterys!. I know I will be lucky to get half the money back even though these have not been used even 1 time!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:03 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2011
2,573 Posts
Quote:

My new Nano-Tech 6s 45-90c lasted like 2 flights on my M2000, 2nd flight cell 5 died, its now a 5s Plus it was REALLY difficult to balance... I'm gonna try these CNHL

http://www.chinahobbyline.com/ProductShow.asp?id=1992
IntheTubeDeep is offline Find More Posts by IntheTubeDeep
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
I sold mine a hour ago someone bought both of them for $75.00. I now placed a order for two more at full price from the "approved list". A costly mistake but at least I am on the right track now!
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:32 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
2,963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
I sold mine a hour ago someone bought both of them for $75.00. I now placed a order for two more at full price from the "approved list". A costly mistake but at least I am on the right track now!
$75????? You should have got more than that...someone saw you coming...lol
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:50 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,264 Posts
Goldsworthy; may be its time you start reading rather than reacting to the first poster you hear from. And I gave you the link to the battery list a few times which at that time commented on the Nano rumours.

The only reason GensAce and Genesis batteries keep coming up is many have had success with them. But there are a number of Nano users that also ran theirs just fine. And if I'm not mistaken jcdfrd's Habu speed run recently posted used two sets of 45C and 65C Nanos at 12S to do that 200mph run if memory serves. Pete even ran them in his vids.

If you read some of the general posts on Nanos across RCG, the complain rumours are often a reference to someone elses experience with no explanation or details. Cause there are a lot of posted photos and vids of people using them. 3 that I came across were 25C being pushed too hard.
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:58 PM
Scott
Australia, SA, Two Wells
Joined Feb 2012
211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
I've ran nano's in my planes for the last year and had great success.. Only 3s as I've only just moved up to the bigger batteries and the nanos were too expensive but they have been awesome. I've given them an absolute hammering and they are starting to fail now but this is after well over 100 uses in which I use to run them down till the motor cuts due to low voltage. There's a lot of good info on rc groups but some has to be taken with a grain of salt.

I wish you contacted me cause I would've bought those nanos for half price for sure.
wigsw001 is offline Find More Posts by wigsw001
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:55 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheTubeDeep View Post
My new Nano-Tech 6s 45-90c lasted like 2 flights on my M2000, 2nd flight cell 5 died, its now a 5s Plus it was REALLY difficult to balance... I'm gonna try these CNHL

http://www.chinahobbyline.com/ProductShow.asp?id=1992
ya saw those and have been wanting to try em, but I noticed that the Gforce elite 5000 60c are 55g lighter while having 10C more @ basically the same exact price, so I went with these. They should be awesome since thier 40c are great.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:35 AM
Joined Jan 2011
2,573 Posts
Quote:
ya saw those and have been wanting to try em, but I noticed that the Gforce elite 5000 60c are 55g lighter while having 10C more @ basically the same exact price, so I went with these. They should be awesome since thier 40c are great.
I just bought from CNHL a 6s 40c 5000 for grey camo Su35, and 2 3s 40c 2200s for my new Catalina Sea Plane, no more dumping planes in the ocean for me, now I'll start from the water
Last edited by IntheTubeDeep; Jan 30, 2013 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Omission
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:38 AM
Joined Jan 2011
2,573 Posts
Quote:
Yeah that Gforce 5.0 looks really cool, I'll grab that one next time, when you get it please post how accurate the weight stated is to actual weight, taht seems REALLY light for a 60C 5000!!
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:22 AM
Let the hating begin
HAMPTON VA
Joined Dec 2009
861 Posts
Ive had good luck with EP buddy batteries.30c 4000 6s are good for about 4 minutes in the throttle pretty hard.70.00 a pop.I think they are called Glacier Lipos,look just like Gens Ace except they are in stock
evalith8 is offline Find More Posts by evalith8
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:10 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,835 Posts
ok I have used and the group I fly with have been using nano's since they came out.......we loved them at first and then they peter out.........I would not recomend the 35c or 45c packs they dont last and after all that is really where the value lies, they are pretty expensive if you can only get 50 flights on them.......now the 65c nano are so far performing great and so far we havent had one go down yet but need to get more cycles on them.......Gold I would keep them if they are the 65c line......now I just ran acrossed this thread comparing popular batts and I am going to try the revoelectrix batteries they are outperforming TP and are the same price as the nano's.........these are what I am going try on my new Victory Jet......here's the link to the batt testing http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post23223191

Revoelectrix Batt link
http://www.store.revolectrix.com/Pro...LiPo-Batteries
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Last edited by jcdfrd; Jan 30, 2013 at 12:32 PM.