SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 13, 2012, 06:50 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Maybe if you cut into the foam @ the backend of the track. Get a spring long enough to take slop out/ extends to portion mark by your forward red mark & drops into the slot cut out at back of track (rear red mark would extend maybe 1/2" behind track). This would allow the spring to compress into that slot & still dampen. Once the gear retracts the support mechanism can still travel its full distance because the spring will compress onto the slot cut behind the track... Don't have plane in front of me so don't know if it'll work
Well that's what I though I was describing but I wanted it prettier rather than just gluing a spring in the end of the track. I have springs that already fits this but I wanted to see if the LHS auto side had something else.
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-16C
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2012, 06:54 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmdbud View Post
My PayPal payment was processed and completed on the 11th, coincides with the 2nd automated e-mail I got from BH. Still have not received the 3rd e-mail confirming that it has been shipped.
I just received e-mail confirmation (6:36PM) that my order has been shipped, including tracking information. Earlier today, I got on the on-line support chat 12PM EST (9AM PST) to inquire about the order. I was told that the item is in stock, but shipping was pending because the warehouse move has caused delays, and it will be "shipped out soon." I then asked if soon was in days or a week, didn't get a response until the e-mail. I didn't threaten to cancel the order, just asked for the status, and I guess that got my order back on their radar screen.
fredmdbud is offline Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Jan 13, 2012, 06:56 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmdbud View Post
I just received e-mail confirmation (6:36PM) that my order has been shipped, including tracking information. Earlier today, I got on the on-line support chat 12PM EST (9AM PST) to inquire about the order. I was told that the item is in stock, but shipping was pending because the warehouse move has caused delays, and it will be "shipped out soon." I then asked if soon was in days or a week, didn't get a response until the e-mail. I didn't threaten to cancel the order, just asked for the status, and I guess that got my order back on their radar screen.
What price are they offering them at online. Were they willing to match any show discounts?
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-16C
Old Jan 13, 2012, 06:56 PM
United States, UT, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2009
544 Posts
I also just received am e-mail letting me know mine is on the way.
Flip Flop is offline Find More Posts by Flip Flop
Old Jan 13, 2012, 06:58 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
Well that's what I though I was describing but I wanted it prettier rather than just gluing a spring in the end of the track. I have springs that already fits this but I wanted to see if the LHS auto side had something else.
from the pic u posted I just thought u were going to drop a spring into the track, by what your red marks indicate. But if u cut into the back of the track you can cut wide enough for the spring to not have lateral movement and put a cover over it to keep it from dropping.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Jan 13, 2012, 07:01 PM
Joined Oct 2009
544 Posts
Would any body that has this kit mind measuring the tailpipe diameter to see if these would fit? I love everything about this jet except for the foam exhaust nozzles.
Outer dia. would need to be 81mm and inner 64mm.
Thanks.
http://www.x-flight.com.hk/index.php...&more=&lang=en
Old Jan 13, 2012, 07:02 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
What price are they offering them at online. Were they willing to match any show discounts?
$319, free shipping with coupon code "HappyNewYear" at checkout.

Did not ask about show discounts they were offering at AMA - just as well, since I consider that a goodwill gesture for visiting their booth, as well as travelling and paying to attend the show. Saved about $40-42 in shipping charges.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 07:15 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,776 Posts
They only sell PNP @ the moment, correct?
Old Jan 13, 2012, 07:25 PM
Throttle Bender
Joined Jun 2008
1,339 Posts
I am going to change one male connector to a female then I can use them directly with my hobby king batteries. 4000 40c. I lost my Freewing F18 to a deans failure. They are actually deans knockoffs. I also had a fake deans break the spring tab off on first use on a FW 70mm and ESC combo. At first I was blaming the BEC for the Super Bug crash but I found the connector was making intermittent contact.
merlinfan is offline Find More Posts by merlinfan
Old Jan 13, 2012, 07:27 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
They only sell PNP @ the moment, correct?
Correct
Old Jan 13, 2012, 07:43 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinfan View Post
I am going to change one male connector to a female then I can use them directly with my hobby king batteries. 4000 40c. I lost my Freewing F18 to a deans failure. They are actually deans knockoffs. I also had a fake deans break the spring tab off on first use on a FW 70mm and ESC combo. At first I was blaming the BEC for the Super Bug crash but I found the connector was making intermittent contact.
same thing lost freewing f18 to deans failure also. I had a separate bec connected and that's what almost saved her, but unfortunately altitude loss kept me from clearing a tree.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 08:25 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip Flop View Post
Would any body that has this kit mind measuring the tailpipe diameter to see if these would fit? I love everything about this jet except for the foam exhaust nozzles.
Outer dia. would need to be 81mm and inner 64mm.
Thanks.
http://www.x-flight.com.hk/index.php...&more=&lang=en

What plane is that nozzle intended for?

It says Su-37 but can't find any Su-37 on the page...
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever
Old Jan 13, 2012, 09:01 PM
Joined Oct 2009
544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever View Post
What plane is that nozzle intended for?

It says Su-37 but can't find any Su-37 on the page...
I think its one they made themselves but never released, or have yet to release. I think this is a video of the aircraft those nozzles are intended for..
Change Sun 70mm 10 Blade Fan.wmv (1 min 32 sec)
Old Jan 13, 2012, 09:35 PM
Joined Jul 2006
10 Posts
No kidding on the battery weight being not enough V8, we finally got her together and went to test CG and found that she needs at least another 3oz (on the nose/fuselage seam, everything's stock in her), so maybe 6oz in the battery at least... What size/brand batteries are you gents using that might be acceptable? The 3300mAh 6s 35c hyperion vx gen 3 we're using is about 18.6oz as far as it'll go up in the battery bay.
OverDrive is offline Find More Posts by OverDrive
Old Jan 13, 2012, 09:43 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,776 Posts
So far (from what I know) is im the only 1 that has flown it. Don't know what others have used, but im using a 5000mah 6s @ 150mm cg. Stock fans aftermarket escs. I think with the stock fans u need at least 4000mah, but 4400/4500mah i think is the best. With a 4400/4500mah u might get away with 150-155mm cg. i have 4000mah and the cg is border line 155mm battery to the front.