HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:09 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,778 Posts
Gold , he said he's having issues with the CS12 70mm fan from my understanding, not the stock fans and motor which u plan on using. Either way its a good thing to check either way.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:15 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Gold , he said he's having issues with the CS12 70mm fan from my understanding, not the stock fans and motor which u plan on using. Either way its a good thing to check either way.
That's a relief! I still would like to see the bad parts so I would know what to look for as well.
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:38 PM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,115 Posts
Looks good Tube. I did it to one of mine with a GI Joe. A bit big but not bad.

Airfield / FMS T28 Trojan Replacement Pilot W-Gi Joe (1 min 31 sec)
acesimmer is offline Find More Posts by acesimmer
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:01 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2011
3,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesimmer View Post
Looks good Tube. I did it to one of mine with a GI Joe. A bit big but not bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nt0e...w7YXKafxxWGIfw
Nice job!! I may have to do same to my Putin action figure
IntheTubeDeep is offline Find More Posts by IntheTubeDeep
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:04 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
This is BAD NEWS! I hope when I remove my motors for inspection I dont have the same Quality issue!. Can you post a photo or video of this issue?
Gold watch my vid on the stock issues, you can see what I was dealing with-- spinner out of balance, and the fans unbalanced, I balanced them both well enough to fly -- hopefully you received better stock gear-- I reckon its hit and miss
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:08 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,097 Posts
One thing that makes NO sense to me is on the shaft adapters and the nut and washer- the washer is not a tight fit, when you tighten the nut to secure the fan it tends to move under the force, its very difficult to get it centered, especially when the shaft may spin at 40,000+ RPMs, why don't they supply a washer thats a snug fit!!!???? Someone's not using their noggin!!
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:11 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,544 Posts
Leave the washers off.
They are unnecessary.
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Skyzone Goggles - Button Shield
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:22 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
I saw this in the forum classified adds this morning!. It looks like a good deal and would be of use in a SU35. I thought I would share the info- Pair of Turnigy Nano-Tech 22.2V 6s 5000mah lipo battery packs. These each have 6 cycles on them of 5 minute flights I used in my t rex 550 this last season. They have no issues but I am standardizing on a little smaller packs. $115 Paypal and shipped USPS priority flat rate in conus. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1820057 $115.00 for two of these is a REAL BARGIN! I wish I would have found these myself before I bought 2 new ones from HK!
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:38 AM
Joined Jan 2011
3,097 Posts
Quote:
I saw this in the forum classified adds this morning!. It looks like a good deal and would be of use in a SU35. I thought I would share the info- Pair of Turnigy Nano-Tech 22.2V 6s 5000mah lipo battery packs. These each have 6 cycles on them of 5 minute flights I used in my t rex 550 this last season. They have no issues but I am standardizing on a little smaller packs. $115 Paypal and shipped USPS priority flat rate in conus. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1820057 $115.00 for two of these is a REAL BARGIN! I wish I would have found these myself before I bought 2 new ones from HK!
Just my guess but the 25c rating might be a little low for the demands of the twin 70mm Su35, but they will work, the regular Turnigy 5.0 25c 3s packs worked ok in my stock 6s grey camo 35 (I bought the 2 3s 25c packs when I was naive about C ratings ;-P)
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:40 AM
Joined Jan 2011
3,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
Leave the washers off.
They are unnecessary.
Good to know, I was told they should remain on, but my better judgement said why!? Thanks for setting the record straight
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:20 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,564 Posts
It should but its the lesser of the two evils. You can't use anything that's throwing you out of balance.
Give the CS 10 thread a read. It a known issue and Marks solution, ExtremeRC's, you already have on order.
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-16C
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:30 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
Leave the washers off.
They are unnecessary.
My 4mm shaft adapter has 4 holes for the cap screws do you recommend using all 4 screws or are 2 adequate?
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:57 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheTubeDeep View Post
My 4mm shaft adapter has 4 holes for the cap screws do you recommend using all 4 screws or are 2 adequate?
I would say that depends on how well the adapters fit the shaft
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:23 PM
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Nov 2010
565 Posts
Quote:
Avoid Nano-Tech batteries, 2 years ago they were good. Last year everyone @ our field started to have issues with them. 5 guys had their planes catch on fire. Do yourself a favor, get Genace or Genesis.

Almost everyone @ our field has dropped Nano-tech, they are flying Zippy Rhino's, GenAce, Genesis or other brand.
Wargassm is offline Find More Posts by Wargassm
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:41 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
I would say that depends on how well the adapters fit the shaft
Snug fit, I went the 4 anyway--won't hurt!