HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:21 AM
Flying Hazard
SU-4ever's Avatar
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,758 Posts
About the glue.

It's very preferable to use epoxi for a very simple reason. Cyano makes a rigid union and, a very rigid one so that becomes FRAGILE. Epoxi instead has some degree of flexibility and thus can absorb energy much better, meaning that it's harder to break.

Cheers and good luck with the "build" ^^
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:13 AM
I did it...
av8ersteve's Avatar
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Anyone one know off hand about how long a 2300mah 6.6v 2S receiver battery would last in this bird at normal use before needing to be recharged? Just a rough estimate would be fine.
av8ersteve is offline Find More Posts by av8ersteve
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:22 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by av8ersteve View Post
Anyone one know off hand about how long a 2300mah 6.6v 2S receiver battery would last in this bird at normal use before needing to be recharged? Just a rough estimate would be fine.
8 seconds? just a guess
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:12 AM
Registered User
The43rdHammer's Avatar
United Kingdom
Joined May 2010
367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
8 seconds? just a guess
What kind of receivers are you using
The43rdHammer is offline Find More Posts by The43rdHammer
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:50 AM
Registered User
IntheTubeDeep's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2011
2,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by av8ersteve View Post
Anyone one know off hand about how long a 2300mah 6.6v 2S receiver battery would last in this bird at normal use before needing to be recharged? Just a rough estimate would be fine.
I have the OlevinPower OP-2300RX J Receiver Pack from HK A123 6.6v I use it on my MiG29, I would fly at least 3 flights and recharge but it still had plenty of juice left. So my guess min 3 flights
IntheTubeDeep is offline Find More Posts by IntheTubeDeep
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:52 AM
Registered User
The43rdHammer's Avatar
United Kingdom
Joined May 2010
367 Posts
Can I ask the forum how they're getting on with the stock motors and fans?

Andy
The43rdHammer is offline Find More Posts by The43rdHammer
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 09:53 AM
Registered User
IntheTubeDeep's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2011
2,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by av8ersteve View Post
Anyone one know off hand about how long a 2300mah 6.6v 2S receiver battery would last in this bird at normal use before needing to be recharged? Just a rough estimate would be fine.
Here's the exact pack I use

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...iver_Pack.html
IntheTubeDeep is offline Find More Posts by IntheTubeDeep
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:00 AM
Registered User
IntheTubeDeep's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2011
2,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The43rdHammer View Post
Can I ask the forum how they're getting on with the stock motors and fans?

Andy
I have the stock on my grey camo and they work, fans and spinners were unbalanced so they absolutely have to be removed and balanced. If you're flying stock servos and ESCs wil be your weakest link, my 22g ELE servo failed on preflight test, replaced with HiTech but had to sand to make fit, if you look back in this thread you can see my post on components used in my new su35 desert camo build, they were exact fit HK15148, I think those big ele servos are the unreliable and should be replaced before you fly- just my opinion.
IntheTubeDeep is offline Find More Posts by IntheTubeDeep
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:33 AM
Registered User
The43rdHammer's Avatar
United Kingdom
Joined May 2010
367 Posts
Thanks, so plenty of power on 6S then, more than 1:1 would you say?

I only ask as I was thinking of swapping the fans for Wemos and the motors for 2W-25s and was wondering how easy it is to do, I don't want to start destroying the fuselage to get to them?

Andy
The43rdHammer is offline Find More Posts by The43rdHammer
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:09 AM
I did it...
av8ersteve's Avatar
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The43rdHammer View Post
What kind of receivers are you using
1, 8 channel spectrum with 1 satellite.
av8ersteve is offline Find More Posts by av8ersteve
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:25 AM
Registered User
IntheTubeDeep's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2011
2,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The43rdHammer View Post
Thanks, so plenty of power on 6S then, more than 1:1 would you say?

I only ask as I was thinking of swapping the fans for Wemos and the motors for 2W-25s and was wondering how easy it is to do, I don't want to start destroying the fuselage to get to them?

Andy
On stock not sure if its 1:1, I doubt it. Yes easy to swap fans and motors, but you will HAVE to change ESCs also 100%. If you have the $ go for the Castle Phoenix ICE 100s, top of the line in my view, I've been using the Cyclone 110A ESCs from pw-rc.com, had good luck with them. YOu just have to remove the 2 screws holding the foam EDF covers, and if swap ESCs just pull off the long plastic cover and use a contact glue to re-install
IntheTubeDeep is offline Find More Posts by IntheTubeDeep
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:35 AM
Registered User
The43rdHammer's Avatar
United Kingdom
Joined May 2010
367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheTubeDeep View Post
On stock not sure if its 1:1, I doubt it. Yes easy to swap fans and motors, but you will HAVE to change ESCs also 100%. If you have the $ go for the Castle Phoenix ICE 100s, top of the line in my view, I've been using the Cyclone 110A ESCs from pw-rc.com, had good luck with them. YOu just have to remove the 2 screws holding the foam EDF covers, and if swap ESCs just pull off the long plastic cover and use a contact glue to re-install
Thanks for that, I originally planned to just mod the landing gear but the more I think about it, the more I think I'll swap the fans and motors out. I've got a couple of my old favourites (Turnigy Plush 80A ESCs) to put in.

Currently it's looking like:

Motor: HET 2W-25s
Fan: Wemo mini
ESC: Turnigy Plush 80A
Servos: something Hitec (not yet decided )
The43rdHammer is offline Find More Posts by The43rdHammer
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:36 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
v8truckin's Avatar
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,666 Posts
No stock is definitely not 1:1 thrust. Mine is more like .88:1 thrust, but still plenty of power on 6s. However I am getting a lil tired of its thrust and once I finish building my Freewing me262 with 2200kv CP inrunners and CS10 fans im sure I'll wanna swap out my Su motors fpt the same. I'll love hobbywing escs and have never had an issue with em. 100a platinum pro esc or 120a version.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:38 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
v8truckin's Avatar
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,666 Posts
I'd say pull the stocks escs and use those 80a escs. I put in 80a HW escs on stock fan and motors and they are slightly warm of any.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:09 PM
Registered User
IntheTubeDeep's Avatar
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2011
2,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The43rdHammer View Post
Thanks for that, I originally planned to just mod the landing gear but the more I think about it, the more I think I'll swap the fans and motors out. I've got a couple of my old favourites (Turnigy Plush 80A ESCs) to put in.

Currently it's looking like:

Motor: HET 2W-25s
Fan: Wemo mini
ESC: Turnigy Plush 80A
Servos: something Hitec (not yet decided )
That looks like a sweet set up! Hi Tech servos are great, but on the ELE 22g servos you will have to grind out the servo seat to make fit
IntheTubeDeep is offline Find More Posts by IntheTubeDeep
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion LX F-35 Vs Freewing F-35 Mmarshall Foamy EDFs 17 Jul 09, 2014 06:49 AM
Found SU-34 Freewing lw777pilot Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 1 Dec 15, 2013 01:25 PM
New Product Brand New SU-35! 70x2,TV and made by Freewing!Update:Worldwide Availability neversommer Foamy EDFs 593 Jan 09, 2012 09:02 PM
For Sale Freewing SU-34 stock battery - Brand New JGuilty13 Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 0 Nov 29, 2011 02:01 PM
For Sale Freewing SU-34 stock battery JGuilty13 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Nov 29, 2011 10:29 AM