HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 28, 2011, 07:05 AM
Registered User
neversommer's Avatar
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever View Post
Neversommer, could you please tell what exact version does R2F carry?

Cheers,
Jandro.
Hi Jandro

Kinda awkward switching between both threads, but the R2F Version will be both color schemes in the R2F Version meaning with everything except Batteries and the Receiver.
They offer also the Blue/Grey/White Kit as well without Servos and all but with Retracts.

A Container is already on the way to them.

NS.
neversommer is offline Find More Posts by neversommer
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2011, 09:06 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
v8truckin's Avatar
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,540 Posts
Part of the reason I chose to post pics on this thread was because of the non sense of the others, nothing you said offended me NS. 2ndly was that the post topic was " From Ready2Fly" so I didn't want to confuse others or make you look like didn't know what you were talking about, being that someone (ME ) now has 1 in there hands. 3rdly Fred has made it clear this is not a moderated thread but will stay on topic...hopefully!
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Last edited by v8truckin; Dec 28, 2011 at 09:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2011, 09:14 AM
You are a "go" for reentry
Maxthrottle's Avatar
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,261 Posts
The RC-Castle Sub-kit is basically a 3D with no drive system installed which is actually preferrable for me since I use some of the servos but not the ESC or motors. Looking at the fan these may be e just the usual 6 blade cheapies.

Surprised there 6S only produces 3kg of thrust where a number of cheap 4S can produce the same; e.g. Wemo 2W18 59amp 2.1kg 4S ea.

If anyone want to help me with deciding 4S, 5S, 6S, CS, Wemo or factory or other please chime in.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 28, 2011, 09:35 AM
Flying Hazard
SU-4ever's Avatar
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neversommer View Post
Hi Jandro

Kinda awkward switching between both threads, but the R2F Version will be both color schemes in the R2F Version meaning with everything except Batteries and the Receiver.
They offer also the Blue/Grey/White Kit as well without Servos and all but with Retracts.

A Container is already on the way to them.

NS.
Yeah, I know, sorry...

Anyway, referring to which version I meant if R2F will be carrying the 3D one or the standard?
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2011, 09:38 AM
Registered User
neversommer's Avatar
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
The RC-Castle Sub-kit is basically a 3D with no drive system installed which is actually preferrable for me since I use some of the servos but not the ESC or motors. Looking at the fan these may be e just the usual 6 blade cheapies.

Surprised there 6S only produces 3kg of thrust where a number of cheap 4S can produce the same; e.g. Wemo 2W18 59amp 2.1kg 4S ea.

If anyone want to help me with deciding 4S, 5S, 6S, CS, Wemo or factory or other please chime in.
Hi Max

Maybe I can help you a bit.

This is gonna be my Setup with the following components:

Stock Servos on everything except the Elevator, which I will exchange through stronger metal gear 2.5kg Torque Servos.

2x 70mm All Alloy 10Blader 6S from Extreme RC-> here:

http://www.extremerc.com.au/estore/i...oducts_id=1102

2x DLUX 80amp Opto esc's from here:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...dproduct=17983

1x SBEC from here:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...2V_input_.html

And either this 6S 6200mah Battery:

http://www.eflight.ch/shop/pop_up.ph...tikel_id=12233

or this 6S 8300mah Battery:

http://www.eflight.ch/shop/pop_up.ph...tikel_id=12234

The EDF Units produce each 2.1kg thrust on 65 amps on 6S.

This will be my Poisson

NS.
neversommer is offline Find More Posts by neversommer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2011, 09:41 AM
Flying Hazard
SU-4ever's Avatar
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,626 Posts
That's going to weigh a lot...
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2011, 09:44 AM
Registered User
neversommer's Avatar
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever View Post
That's going to weigh a lot...
Depends of what is heavy.

Each EDF Unit weights complete 220grams, the 6200mah 6s battery weights in a 867grams which is only like 20-40 grams heavier then a standard 5000mah battery, the 8300mah pack weights 1kg.

The escs are relatively lightweight, but you need a good cooling when you draw 130amps on 160amp given.

NS.
neversommer is offline Find More Posts by neversommer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:12 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
v8truckin's Avatar
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,540 Posts
Max,

I was thinking about the CS 70mm 10blade , but I already have 2 motors from a previous failed plane (LX A10 crap). I'll see how I like my inteded setup n may switch to CS n lower kv motor.

Wonder how much 4s vs 6s affects CG...?
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:19 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
v8truckin's Avatar
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,540 Posts
I'll be posting pics more detailed pics this afternoon. Last day off n will prolly spend most of my day in the hangar!
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:20 PM
Goes to eleven!
JK13's Avatar
Bellingham WA
Joined Mar 2009
1,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neversommer View Post
Depends of what is heavy.

Each EDF Unit weights complete 220grams, the 6200mah 6s battery weights in a 867grams which is only like 20-40 grams heavier then a standard 5000mah battery, the 8300mah pack weights 1kg.

The escs are relatively lightweight, but you need a good cooling when you draw 130amps on 160amp given.

NS.
NS-
Are these fans counter-rotating?
Thanks,
Joe
JK13 is offline Find More Posts by JK13
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:22 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
Maxthrottle's Avatar
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,261 Posts
Thanks guys:
NS that was my original choice as we spoke about earlier, but after chating with Mark, it got me to thinking 4S. This model has an area close to the FW Euro so it should carry the heavier setup, but a 4S can produce the same thrust as factory 3D but is even a lighter setup. I luv the CS sound but the efflux is lower from early comments at 4S. So Mark leaned toward the Wemo again because the amp draw is so low, efflux is good and thrust is equal or more than factory 3D ver.

So I've been asking him how these same motors fair on 5S which he typically doesn't setup for. Still waiting on an answer.

I'll go with the same ESCs as you so that if I swap fan units I just reprogram.

There seems to be lots of room to shift stuff around for CG again like the Euro if you have say 4X2S, 2S+3S, 2x3S. Its big 6S that asked about the bays dimensions.

NS if you get yours in the air soon I may sit in a holding pattern to hear how it performed.
My RCCastle order is in flight but I'll take my time.

What I may do is start with Marks 2W18 Wemo, swap it out later with a CS if it still performs most excellent, and the if still not enough get two 6S motors on the CS 10blade from Mark.

Oh and NS, I know we lock horns now and then and I still do appreciate the purpose of your earlier thread, Sneak Peak announcement. Glad we all can move forward and get down to the business end of this new 4min thriller.
Cheers mate!
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:30 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
v8truckin's Avatar
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,540 Posts
After looking closer in light, kit is actually BLUE, white, & grey not BLACK, white, grey as I thought.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:32 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
v8truckin's Avatar
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1 View Post
I am excited for this bird...... Good idea to make a thread actually about the model..... maybe it will rule out some of the self important bozos who think they are doing everyone a favor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK13 View Post
NS-
Are these fans counter-rotating?
Thanks,
Joe
YES, they are.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:38 PM
Registered User
neversommer's Avatar
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK13 View Post
NS-
Are these fans counter-rotating?
Thanks,
Joe
Hi Joe

No my Fans are not counter rotating.

But for me it does not really matter at all..I just have Sound as my Top Priority on this Jet.

NS.
neversommer is offline Find More Posts by neversommer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:42 PM
Registered User
neversommer's Avatar
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
Thanks guys:
NS that was my original choice as we spoke about earlier, but after chating with Mark, it got me to thinking 4S. This model has an area close to the FW Euro so it should carry the heavier setup, but a 4S can produce the same thrust as factory 3D but is even a lighter setup. I luv the CS sound but the efflux is lower from early comments at 4S. So Mark leaned toward the Wemo again because the amp draw is so low, efflux is good and thrust is equal or more than factory 3D ver.

So I've been asking him how these same motors fair on 5S which he typically doesn't setup for. Still waiting on an answer.

I'll go with the same ESCs as you so that if I swap fan units I just reprogram.

There seems to be lots of room to shift stuff around for CG again like the Euro if you have say 4X2S, 2S+3S, 2x3S. Its big 6S that asked about the bays dimensions.

NS if you get yours in the air soon I may sit in a holding pattern to hear how it performed.
My RCCastle order is in flight but I'll take my time.

What I may do is start with Marks 2W18 Wemo, swap it out later with a CS if it still performs most excellent, and the if still not enough get two 6S motors on the CS 10blade from Mark.

Oh and NS, I know we lock horns now and then and I still do appreciate the purpose of your earlier thread, Sneak Peak announcement. Glad we all can move forward and get down to the business end of this new 4min thriller.
Cheers mate!
Max

Crossing Horns happens all around the world. In a Relationship between 2 beloved people, in a marriage..in a family, forums, work, on the field...no matter where you go or what you do..there are always some complications at some point.

However...I still want to wait for Freds Feedback if we may can merge both threads together to be 1 thread..cause still people answer on both threads about 1 Jet, which in humble opinion is pointless.

I chose HK Speedpost as my shipping option, adding a whopping 77 Dollars on top of the SU-35.

I am in touch with mark about those 70mm All Alloy Fans right now and I am awaiting his Feedback.

6s for me all the way.

And Max, if you don't mind to wait, since we both will or may drive the same power system..I will inform you about the actual progress as well.

Like always..I try to speak weaknesses of the airframe, general construction and the retracts.

NS.
neversommer is offline Find More Posts by neversommer
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion LX F-35 Vs Freewing F-35 Mmarshall Foamy EDFs 17 Jul 09, 2014 06:49 AM
Found SU-34 Freewing lw777pilot Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 1 Dec 15, 2013 01:25 PM
New Product Brand New SU-35! 70x2,TV and made by Freewing!Update:Worldwide Availability neversommer Foamy EDFs 593 Jan 09, 2012 09:02 PM
For Sale Freewing SU-34 stock battery - Brand New JGuilty13 Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 0 Nov 29, 2011 02:01 PM
For Sale Freewing SU-34 stock battery JGuilty13 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Nov 29, 2011 10:29 AM