HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:21 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2011
3,099 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
That's why I said open it up and look. There are some cheaper MG gear that are a mix of metal and nylon. I don't have the servo to check but any who do so fail at the weakest link.
Actually looking back you said in post #5537 that you wre using the HK15148 which are analogue, and have nylon gear not metal. The Digital HK15148B has the metal gear. They go for $5.
I still hope that these $2.60 HK15148 or the $5 B are at least as good as the stock servos and for the money perform like they are a set of $20-$45 85s.
Too I'd never by a PnP again. The servo makes up a good portion of that cost and for the usual 10-15 servos used can go for a song $26-$50. So I'm all for it may be more than you. They just have to work.
Ok I do have the $4.08 15148 MG, but have not opened it up to see the innards. would suck if only the top gear is metal...
IntheTubeDeep is offline Find More Posts by IntheTubeDeep
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:24 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,099 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
WOW! my package arrived!, well it didn't really arrive I called the Post office and requested they hold the box until I could pick it up myself (5 minutes later) I had it in my hand!. My first problem was how to get that BIG BOX to fit in my 08 Ford Focus. Even with both back seats pulled down and a empty trunk the SU35 would not fit!. I finally had to roll down both back windows and shove the box through the window openings to get it in he car. Even though I did get it home this way, it still hung outside the car windows 3 inches!. I was bound and determined to get this jet safely home even if it meant renting a U Haul truck!. My second goal was unpacking the shipping box , and taking a fast look inside. After taking a look I had to re pack the box and find a place in my small home to HIDE this box until a later date (When my wife will be in a good mood). To make a long story short I got everything hid away where she would never look! Here are a couple of videos of the action for your pleasure. I will of course delete these videos in only a couple of hours (to hide any evidence!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqJ81...ature=youtu.be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ6Pb...ature=youtu.be
haha gotta hide the plane from the wife--classic! I ALWAYS just say when the big box arrives UPS that I ordered it 6 months ago, it must've just been re-stocked!! Ohhhh, and you better erase the 'history' from browser AND this POST!!
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:27 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,099 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taman View Post
It's pretty cool when your kit arrives . I felt like a little kid when mine was delivered lol.
Yeah thats a cool time when you're new plane arrives, especially if its an Su35!!
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:31 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,099 Posts
Quote:
This stuff will go in my SU35 I hope they work well- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4uKT...ature=youtu.be
Good stuff Gold-- start building!! Ohhh, when the wife isn't around of course ;-P
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:38 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,568 Posts
Gold; what would be funnier is if she actually knows enough about computers and checks up on your posts to see what you're up to but doesn't say anything

Wives There should be a "Wives" forum helping on how to deal with them and the RC hobby
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-16C
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:00 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Throttle View Post
Gold; what would be funnier is if she actually knows enough about computers and checks up on your posts to see what you're up to but doesn't say anything

Wives There should be a "Wives" forum helping on how to deal with them and the RC hobby
This would not be funny! My wife is a 20+ year Registered Nurse! she has reminded me many times she could make my demise look like natural causes!. A Man has to watch his back these days. There are only so many model plane you can get by the wife and they all have to cost $20.00 or less.
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:10 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,849 Posts
my wife figured out long ago that it was better for me to chase airplanes than women lol!!!! she is an awesome RC wife

here is another awesome RC wife

The Perfect RC Wife (5 min 5 sec)
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:13 PM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2011
1,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post

+1 we do need this forum lol
firehawkzach is offline Find More Posts by firehawkzach
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:22 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
A quick video question please!
VID00435 (0 min 59 sec)
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:33 PM
United States, AR, Jacksonville
Joined Jul 2004
494 Posts
I kept the bullet connectors on the stock ESCs and soldered the male power input connector to the other bullet halves. My BEC input leads were soldered in between the bullets/male connector.

If that doesn't make sense I can post a pic after I get home from work.
Whiskey Whiskey is offline Find More Posts by Whiskey Whiskey
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:40 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,527 Posts
Quote:
You can just tap into the pos/neg leads on the esc side of your battery connector. Some people just solder the wires from the bec straight into the pos/neg esc wires when they are soldering on their preferred battery connector. If you are using the battery connector that came stock with the plane you can cut back the insulation a tad at the connector and solder the bec wires on that way. Of course , if you are using a seperate rx battery pack and not using the flight pack for bec power you would just solder on the type of connector that your rx battery pack has on it so you could just plug it in to the battery.
DamonH is offline Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:49 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,099 Posts
Su35

Quote:
Gold DO NOT USE THE RED T or DEANS PLUG, you showed a 2 into 1 connector, absolutely DO NOT use that plug on your Su35, you gotta use minimum 5mm or 6mm gold connectors. I'm using the XT90 on the batts, but you have to use high quality connectors on the batts to match the 5-6mm connectors to the ESCs!!!!
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:51 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,849 Posts
Quote:
best solution is to run a seperate 2s 850mah LiFe pack for the rec with or without the cc bec, I am not a fan of running bec's off the main edf power batts. also keep in mind the cc bec is a 7.5amp bec and only if connected to 2-4s packs if you hook it up to your 5s or 6s flight batts then it will be a 5amp bec
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:53 PM
Joined Jan 2011
3,099 Posts
Bec

Quote:
This is a vid I made last year, haha before I swapped out ALL my T connectors for XT90s, its easy and you can use 1 BEC on all your planes, saves $!!

Money $aving Mod for ALL Your RC Airplane$: Use 1 BEC For all Planes!! (2 min 36 sec)
Old Jan 14, 2013, 04:55 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,553 Posts
Work out a 'standard' that you will use yourself for future aircraft, and Amp/Current amounts for them.
I highly recommend the XT150 for all aircraft 80Amps and up. (they use 6mm bullets).

XT60 up to 60Amps area. (generally 70mm fans - one fan, not twins)
I use XHT4mm from about 50A to 65A area.... but XT90's came out later, and I have some of those but never tried them - it would almost need changing ALL those batteries/planes to that new type... maybe I will do it one day. But HXT4mm are good anyway.

This is why you make a GOOD pick and then stick to that 'standard' for yourself 'forever'!!
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Skyzone Goggles - Button Shield