SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:48 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Thanks I just orderd 2 of each for spairs. The 9g (reverse) servo however was out of stock. I may not need any but I figured when it comes to RC parts they are hard to get a hold of fast in the field. Especialy motors and servos. Is there another store that sells a plug and play 9g reverse servo for the 35?
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Last edited by goldsworthy; Jan 13, 2013 at 03:28 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:56 PM
United States, AR, Jacksonville
Joined Jul 2004
494 Posts
If you dig soldering, try reversing a servo yourself. I used this PDF last time I did one for a flap servo on my Fun Cub:

http://www.rcsoaringdigest.com/OTW/o...oReversing.pdf

If yu don't want to read that, a simple google will bring up some youtube videos:

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...ddress&ie=&oe=
Whiskey Whiskey is offline Find More Posts by Whiskey Whiskey
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
The 17g servos were much higher in price was there a reason for the higher price?
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:13 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,551 Posts
Digital instead of analogue, one is nylon gearing the other metal, one is rated for 2.5kg not 1.5kg and one has bearings the other not I believe.
Or the other answer is because they think they can.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-16C
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:15 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,764 Posts
Price difference:

Size/board size, weight, torque, metal gear
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:26 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,551 Posts
Do I get the corner or "OFF WITH HIS HEAD". " A WITCH! BURN HER"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever View Post
The holy rule is broken!
GOLD; Sorry I didn't realize you'd be fine with stock replacements.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-16C
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:27 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,764 Posts
Tried out the trailing arm mod on my airbrake today... significant difference than w/o it. Also it can be deployed at a higher speed than w/o it. The effects of the servo as the main means of deploying and supporting the airbrake was pretty much lack luster now that I've seen the difference of a proper airbrake support. Just don't deploy it too fast a speed or be on your toes! Also the need for a larger airbrake may not be necessary with the trailing arm support since you don't have to compensate for loss of airflow with a larger airbrake, when the brake losses support. Prior to the trailing arm I had to deploy it at 85* to get 60-65* with airflow at landing approach, and as she slowed more the airbrake would adjust slowly back up to 85*, no más!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:45 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,519 Posts
But if the "support" is not driven it would do zero for any strength.... it would just slide back anyway. Or did you add a servo drive to the ram?
It might add a FRACTION of lateral stability.... but if it is the FW nose gear rail then that is as flimsy as paper anyway! LOL
It is just for looks one the nose gear, it does nothing of use at all - unless it is linked to an energy absorption device (spring etc), as per a number of us have done.
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Skyzone Goggles - Button Shield
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:17 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
But if the "support" is not driven it would do zero for any strength.... it would just slide back anyway. Or did you add a servo drive to the ram?
It might add a FRACTION of lateral stability.... but if it is the FW nose gear rail then that is as flimsy as paper anyway! LOL
It is just for looks one the nose gear, it does nothing of use at all - unless it is linked to an energy absorption device (spring etc), as per a number of us have done.
Did you not see my video i posted showing the trailing arm and support/stop?

here it is again.

WP 20130112 163516Z (2 min 0 sec)
Last edited by v8truckin; Jan 13, 2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:44 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Anyone know what model E Flight electric re track sets are the best fit for the 35?. I want to order them before my model shows up here. THANKS!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:47 PM
Joined Nov 2006
11,519 Posts
Oops, ok. Sorry.
I never got to watch the video.... was going to at that time, but I had to do something and was going to check it later on, and then it scrolled off the thread page into oblivion before I remembered about it!!

I don't know if the real one has a 'variable' brake (eg can be set to any angle required)... I expect so.
A "stop" means it only assists the airbrake once it gets to its final angle, not during deployment. But at least it is a partial fix for the strength issue.

Mine is rock solid just by its hinging alone - which in assessment/planning I could see that 'little pin hinges' etc could never do a solid enough job. It is quite a big frontal area, and could also be deployed at high speeds unintentionally at times (mistake or too hard to tell exact speeds etc), thus the 'twin bush 3mm pivot assembly' to be sure to cope with any situation.

I don't see any way I could change the drive system to be via a ram. The distance to cover is too large. So if I add that (I will) it will only be cosmetic. (CF tubes or alloy etc).
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:55 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
Oops, ok. Sorry.
I never got to watch the video.... was going to at that time, but I had to do something and was going to check it later on, and then it scrolled off the thread page into oblivion before I remembered about it!!

I don't know if the real one has a 'variable' brake (eg can be set to any angle required)... I expect so.
A "stop" means it only assists the airbrake once it gets to its final angle, not during deployment. But at least it is a partial fix for the strength issue.

Mine is rock solid just by its hinging alone - which in assessment/planning I could see that 'little pin hinges' etc could never do a solid enough job. It is quite a big frontal area, and could also be deployed at high speeds unintentionally at times (mistake or too hard to tell exact speeds etc), thus the 'twin bush 3mm pivot assembly' to be sure to cope with any situation.

I don't see any way I could change the drive system to be via a ram. The distance to cover is too large. So if I add that (I will) it will only be cosmetic. (CF tubes or alloy etc).
And over time things such as the hinges and servo can strip or brake. I had one hinge that was starting to twist at the pin and had a nylon servo strip, so I switched to a MG servo. All those failure points can be lessened with a function trailing arm which has a stop and functions as a support. I could deploy it at full speed and not worry about it collapsing, but the worry is the planes reaction to a full speed deployment of the airbrake.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:32 PM
Joined Nov 2006
11,519 Posts
hehe, but it has to GET to the full deployment point alive first!

I have mine set on a pot, but also a 'slow' function.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:05 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2011
3,085 Posts
HK Servos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
ITTD... I've had a mixed bag of experiences with HK. They've usually been great but when they screw up, they do a good job of it.

Have you tried that $2.60 servo out first before you send it out on the very expensive SU. That's a lot of money riding on two of the cheapest servos without a known track record. One person warned that the motor is very strong for the nylon gear. The dead band is also high. So careful ... not trying to be the harbinger of death but I'd open one up and see if they are up to the task of a full moving surface at speed.
MaxT the white HK ELE servos are MG, they look cool, the other servos for the rest of the Su are Detrum/Dynam plastic, they look pretty good! Will keep you updated!
IntheTubeDeep is offline Find More Posts by IntheTubeDeep
Old Jan 13, 2013, 08:20 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheTubeDeep View Post
MaxT the white HK ELE servos are MG, they look cool, the other servos for the rest of the Su are Detrum/Dynam plastic, they look pretty good! Will keep you updated!
yes please do!