HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:24 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,379 Posts
These are the ones ITTD mentioned earlier in analogue. They are an exact fit for the 17g Stab servos but ITTD may be the first and only who about to use them. So keep in touch with him on those.

The smaller 9g servos for a exact match... I'm searching the entire thread for "9g servos". I think two people meantioned fits on the 9g s..... Will get back to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
Is this one of the size servos that will fit on the SU35?-http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...8kg_0_14s.html If it is I think there are 2 different servos on the 35 the one in my link will fit the hole as well as a different model. Can someone please give me the info and maybe a link so I can order these THANKS!
Detrum 9g Servos, 2 Hextronic 19g MG Servos JK used them but didn't mention if he had to mod a fit for them.

Not finding anything else. Sorry. You could get the FW 9g servos from any of the FW suppliers.... Banana, RC Castle etc. Otherwise you may need to make some minor mods unless we hear something otherwise.
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Maxthrottle; Jan 12, 2013 at 05:33 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:42 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
I guess you guys were right! I took both of my new 6 cell Nano batteries and hooked them up to my balance charger for 10 minutes each. I wanted to check the cell voltage and boost the storage charge up just a little. The cells perked right up so I think these WILL work well with the SU35! (battery # 1)
VID00425 (0 min 25 sec)
and (battery #2)
VID00427 (0 min 14 sec)
I hope they have the power PUNCH they promise!
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:55 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2011
2,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
Is this one of the size servos that will fit on the SU35?-http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...8kg_0_14s.html If it is I think there are 2 different servos on the 35 the one in my link will fit the hole as well as a different model. Can someone please give me the info and maybe a link so I can order these THANKS!
YES that one slides in PERFECT FIT! Same I used...
IntheTubeDeep is online now Find More Posts by IntheTubeDeep
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:57 PM
Joined Jan 2011
2,778 Posts
Servos and other Ingredients for Su35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
These are the ones ITTD mentioned earlier in analogue. They are an exact fit for the 17g Stab servos but ITTD may be the first and only who about to use them. So keep in touch with him on those.

The smaller 9g servos for a exact match... I'm searching the entire thread for "9g servos". I think two people meantioned fits on the 9g s..... Will get back to you.

Detrum 9g Servos, 2 Hextronic 19g MG Servos JK used them but didn't mention if he had to mod a fit for them.

Not finding anything else. Sorry. You could get the FW 9g servos from any of the FW suppliers.... Banana, RC Castle etc. Otherwise you may need to make some minor mods unless we hear something otherwise.
Here's my Build 1 with Servos...

Freewing Su-35 Desert Camo Build 1 "The Ingredients" UNBLOCKED (6 min 5 sec)
Old Jan 12, 2013, 08:26 PM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Please do keep us informed on the performance of those servos. I opted for hitec's as I could not find any good or bad feedback on the ones ITTD is using. Concerns about a $5 dollar servo, but if they work well and last, then it's a good find and a great deal.

ITTD, love your vid's. How long till the maiden?
av8ersteve is offline Find More Posts by av8ersteve
Last edited by av8ersteve; Jan 12, 2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:35 PM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,001 Posts
[QUOTE=IntheTubeDeep;23793607]My blades were out of balance, as was the spinner, or even the shaft! see vid

What do you expect with products made in China? Hobby King rarely provides support and hence lost all of my business. I got an Sbach that had warped wings and came out of the box with wet paint that just bubbled off. Sent them pics and whatever they asked for and finally was told to stick them in a bucket of hot water. Nitro planes similar deal on none working retracts and ESC. Had tickets open for over a year. So each of these guys lost a couple of grand in business for a few dollars in parts replacement.

So now I just buy a known good flying kit then pull molds off them and make my own that are better and more detailed. Made in Taiwan is pretty good stuff. Hope you get your problems sorted.
acesimmer is online now Find More Posts by acesimmer
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:53 PM
Joined Jan 2011
2,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
Whats 91 points worth?
HK does NOT refund $, they give you $ equivalent in points, so they figured the retract, the front wheel and the bad fans were worth $91 thus 91 HK points which you can redeem when paying for your items, HOWEVER, they cannot be used for shipping so you still have to cough up $ for shipping
Last edited by IntheTubeDeep; Jan 12, 2013 at 11:54 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:58 PM
Joined Jan 2011
2,778 Posts
Servis hk

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8ersteve View Post
Please do keep us informed on the performance of those servos. I opted for hitec's as I could not find any good or bad feedback on the ones ITTD is using. Concerns about a $5 dollar servo, but if they work well and last, then it's a good find and a great deal.

ITTD, love your vid's. How long till the maiden?
Thanks av8! From my first impression the HK MG white servo appear to function great, very smooth and at that price hard to beat especially since they are a perfect fit- we'll see how they hold up over time.

Hopefully will maiden this week, need a cameraman/woman- don't want to miss any close ups that a hatcam just cannot get. Wife will curse my planes, so gotta find another suitable stable hand ;-)
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:10 AM
Joined Jan 2011
2,778 Posts
Quality issues

[QUOTE=acesimmer;23797652]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheTubeDeep View Post
My blades were out of balance, as was the spinner, or even the shaft! see vid

What do you expect with products made in China? Hobby King rarely provides support and hence lost all of my business. I got an Sbach that had warped wings and came out of the box with wet paint that just bubbled off. Sent them pics and whatever they asked for and finally was told to stick them in a bucket of hot water. Nitro planes similar deal on none working retracts and ESC. Had tickets open for over a year. So each of these guys lost a couple of grand in business for a few dollars in parts replacement.

So now I just buy a known good flying kit then pull molds off them and make my own that are better and more detailed. Made in Taiwan is pretty good stuff. Hope you get your problems sorted.
Yeah I know-- its all a mess! But strangely enough I've been SO LUCKY with BH, every time I had an issue they sent me free replacements, retracts, ESCs, servos, and most recently if you watch my vids, my MiG29 twin 70mm crashed on 2nd flight, complained to BH, (Sent them the YT vids etc..) took them 2 months but I get a call from nice girl at 6:30pm on a Friday telling me they're sending me a FREE PNF MiG29! No kidding-- got it 5 days later ;-O!! Anyway maybe I just am super lucky...
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:44 AM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,379 Posts
ITTD... I've had a mixed bag of experiences with HK. They've usually been great but when they screw up, they do a good job of it.

Have you tried that $2.60 servo out first before you send it out on the very expensive SU. That's a lot of money riding on two of the cheapest servos without a known track record. One person warned that the motor is very strong for the nylon gear. The dead band is also high. So careful ... not trying to be the harbinger of death but I'd open one up and see if they are up to the task of a full moving surface at speed.
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:25 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
10,944 Posts
I have used three types of those many HK 'white' servos (previously yellow)... 9g and 10g only though. But they are great!! Very precise, perfect centering, quiet. I have four aircraft with them and all are surviving long term and still operating in those 'prefect' terms! (a few planes have the yellow ones, which are just as great - same???)
I am very impressed with them!! So cheap... yet very good.
I guess you have to try EACH type they have (or you need), to be sure they are all as good as others, but it seems a pretty good chance based on my experiences!

I just have not had any need for the larger ones, or MG, thus not bought any. Though I throw in 'random things' to fill out orders per shipping weight change points (eg 1.0kg, 1.5kg), so I will get some of the MG ones and Digital/Analogue versions to see.

Hmmmm.... I could easily be tempted to change out my Su's D-MG16 elevator servos as they are quite 'buzzy' - though that is typical MG Digital. But I would even go to Analogue because all in all I find they are precise, quiet, non-buzzy.... and I don't even see any benefit in digitals. AllI see is digitals having worse centering and the buzzing (hunting for home too precisely I guess). But when I check the response of Analogues, to stick motions, they are still dead accurate and do the job of moving accurately as per your stick motions anyway.
PeterVRC is online now Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV Cameras & fixed or pan/tilt
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:46 AM
Life begins at transition
Australia, VIC, Sale
Joined May 2007
3,593 Posts
The biggest difference between an analogue and digital is the accuracy, especially under load.
Ever found your plane needs a couple of clicks of trim on every flight?

On helis is stands out like the dog's proverbials, on the jets not so much. Still, I like the holdingn power; I'm willing to put up with the noise.
Odysis is offline Find More Posts by Odysis
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:44 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheTubeDeep View Post
Thanks av8! From my first impression the HK MG white servo appear to function great, very smooth and at that price hard to beat especially since they are a perfect fit- we'll see how they hold up over time.

Hopefully will maiden this week, need a cameraman/woman- don't want to miss any close ups that a hatcam just cannot get. Wife will curse my planes, so gotta find another suitable stable hand ;-)
"Wife will curse my planes" I wonder if our wifes are related?
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:59 AM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,758 Posts
As for hobbyking, I've ordered a great deal from them and mostly always they've been very good. It's been only in the latest orders that I've found "irregularities" in customer service. My guess is that they started trying to provide great customer service but they are growing so quick they have to employ new people and some of them mess up. That's what I think is happening.
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:05 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Well, I hope they don't mess up my long awaited SU35 order! Tracking states it will be here by next Thursday. I ordered from the U.S.A. warehouse I hope the shipping box for the jet is a strong one. I guess if it gets smashed in shipping I would just order another one instead of going to HK customer service. I think ordering a second one will be much easier and the first will provide me with some spare parts anyway.
Last edited by goldsworthy; Jan 13, 2013 at 06:20 AM.