HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:02 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
I have the FRsky stuff on my 9x. I converted my 9x to Frsky just for this jet! Frisky is cheap in price as well.
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:27 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,273 Posts
There is no bigger bargain the the 9X and FRsky !! (plus the FREE ER9X).
The cheapest computer radio (pretty much... at $60, then add $70 for the FRsky stuff)... whilst being up there with the best too!
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:29 AM
Joined Nov 2006
11,273 Posts
Yeah, LOTS of room under the hatch for any form of air brake mod!
Especially seeing in my case the battery goes ALL the way rearwards in the battery tray - thus a ton of servo/hinge/pushrod etc room up the front end there.
But even if the battery were forwards all the way, it would still all fit ok.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:53 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2011
2,950 Posts
[QUOTE=goldsworthy;23737903]I have the FRsky stuff on my 9x. I converted my 9x to Frsky just for this jet! Frisky is cheap in price as well.[/QUOTE

Cool-- I have the 9x as a back up, and have the FrSky module and Rx's, just have to do the mod, from what Peter says its bulletproof and from alot of others out there
IntheTubeDeep is online now Find More Posts by IntheTubeDeep
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:57 AM
Joined Jan 2011
2,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
There is no bigger bargain the the 9X and FRsky !! (plus the FREE ER9X).
The cheapest computer radio (pretty much... at $60, then add $70 for the FRsky stuff)... whilst being up there with the best too!
Agreed-- can't beat it for the $-- I have the FrSky module and 6 Rx's, 4ch and 3 8ch Rx's--btw Peter what is the difference between the V8FR and the V8R7SP?, anyway I will do that mod this week!
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:59 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
[QUOTE=IntheTubeDeep;23740208]
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
I have the FRIsky stuff on my 9x. I converted my 9x to Frsky just for this jet! Frisky is cheap in price as well.[/QUOTE

Cool-- I have the 9x as a back up, and have the FrSky module and Rx's, just have to do the mod, from what Peter says its bulletproof and from a lot of others out there
Installing FrSky in my 9x took about 9 minutes its all plug and play. (NOTHING IS BULLIT PROOF) at least in the RC world
Old Jan 07, 2013, 01:25 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,482 Posts
Pete, you're in OZ. Just curious and this in no way down plays the ER9X or FrSky because I have heard continuous great things but is it FCC certified in North America?

This hearkens back to V8s concern of learning the hard way hitting something, especially when flying in public business parks and such.

If its not FCC approved, you become 100% liable for what ever the out come.

I've been waiting for Jeti to get their certification which only now is finally coming through but never heard if FrSky was even attempting to. And in my research apparently all of the Orange stuff isn't either, which surprised me since I have used some of the RXs on my small cheap stuff.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-16C
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:28 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,871 Posts
Someone asked for an impeller balancer.

I would use a magnetic one, specially being an EDF propeller.

They sell one at KH at a great price.
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:33 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by su-4ever View Post
someone asked for an impeller balancer.

I would use a magnetic one, specially being an edf propeller.

They sell one at kh at a great price.
kh????
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:36 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,871 Posts
sorry, HK hobbyking
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:36 PM
Joined Jan 2011
2,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
kh????
HK=HOBBYKING!! that must've been a typo
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:41 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
The Hobby King U.S. warehouse doesn't sell the balancer. I would order one at the China Warehouse but its much too close to the holidays in China. As you may know the world shuts down in China during their holidays!
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:47 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,703 Posts
I bought 2 from HK both were magnetic and both shafts were slightly bend, couldn't balance. Some have had luck getting good ones, but I didn't.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:57 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,906 Posts
When is the china new year?
capt soap is online now Find More Posts by capt soap
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:49 PM
Joined Nov 2006
11,273 Posts
China New year... must be very soon I expect!!

FRsky FCC.... you would have to check with FRsky, or the FRsky thread Max. I am sure people would know.

With "Bulletproof" it is an interesting term....
Probably "Effectively bulletproof" is more apt. You are unlikely to ever get shot down with it, but technically it is possible. ModelRCreviews (or whatever it is called) tried with test equipment to shoot them down and could not.

I held my Samsung S2 next to a plane, with its Wifi and Bluetooth on, and got some servo jitter - but it had to be close. And I am sure that all 2.4G would do the same in such a case... or worse.
But in real use (flying) I have not had one issue ever. Large aircraft I would fly out... hmmm.... at least 500m, possibly more but hard to 'measure'. A full 'out past the end of the next football oval away' at times, so half an oval of mine and then the full next oval and a bit more. By then even a 1500mm aircraft is getting small and grey!!

There are a number of the smaller RC/RF Chinese manufacturers (Assan, Corona etc) but FRsky seem to have developed a big winner! Maybe they have an above average engineer there! hehe (though I would still think they all use pre-developed readily available IC's etc, and basically manufacturer spec circuit design..... but they might get some of their own 'special' bits made for them too?). Whatever they are doing it puts many others, and big names, to shame (sort of)... especially Spektrum.
RCG Plus Member