Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:53 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk671 View Post
OK V8,
You and a few others are gonna place your approval on this landing. Enjoy the video...

http://youtu.be/I3wtecKSEtI
So, did ya ever figure out what caused that brown out?
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:57 AM
John
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Mar 2011
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dro56595@bigpo View Post
Much smoother on the elevator on that landing. I noticed that during your practice approaches you were getting the feel of the flare. It's a tricky animal! That practice is paying off. Keep it up!

Cheers,

Dan.
ha ha... that wasn't really a practice run... i accidentally forgot to put my retracts down... i clicked the switch when the alarm went off... but then a few seconds later i couldn't remember if i had done it... autoreflex kind of thing... so i clicked the switch again... started making my approach... as she came in i was like.. oh crap and my mind was trying to do two things at once... throttle up and gear down.... but on the way back i kept reminding myself what i needed to do...
jk671 is offline Find More Posts by jk671
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:01 AM
John
Joined Mar 2011
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldsworthy View Post
So, did ya ever figure out what caused that brown out?
usually what causes my brown outs is the direction of my antenna... also.. there are a few places on that field where i get "interfefence" but its all good... it only happens for a split second... my motors will cut off and then spool back up
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:02 AM
John
Joined Mar 2011
436 Posts
[QUOTE=PAPE;23706862]
Quote:
OK V8,
You and a few others are gonna place your approval on this landing. Enjoy the video...

you mentioned on the video you had a brown out. I see you use a 9x radio but what receivers are you using?
i am using the stock 9x 8channel receiver
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:19 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,582 Posts
Yes much much better landing. Now just to repeat it and not have any other issue like the brown out happen, that way you can fly calmly. I always make a lower level pass once my retracts have been switched just to make sure they are deployed, sometimes one doesn't cycle correctly or one can bind, so atleast you ain't coming in blind and can get that retract down. That's also why I preach to give yourself ample time for a few go around, ppl often run their batteries down to the last few Mah, but I prefer to give ample go around time x2.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:55 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
I can not wait to get my hands on this jet! I still am compiling the extra stuff I will need to buy so I can order all at once. How many use the Eagle tree stability device? Is it good to use with this jet?
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:59 AM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,329 Posts
Quote:
... your approval on this landing. Enjoy the video...
That's more like how you were always flying it before. Much nicer even under three events, Brown out, roller skates not down and trying really really hard for a smooth landing..... You look like ur back to drive'r like a tiger.... definitely not a plumber.

Try a longer "approach" to "final", that is when perpendicular to the runway, slow it down further out till you can feel that you have both speed and descent dialled in thinking in you mind even on approach that you're about to flare and touch down. You can also judge if you have a decent descent rate on the approach angle.
Hold that in the last turn from approach to final and you'll find your energy, direction etc in better control with out the need to cut the throttle early from being too far down leg and have that sudden drop just before the flare.
No more ripping the Dunlops off now I'll be out of practice over the winter so I'm sure my first few will look worse in the spring.
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:19 AM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,696 Posts
Nice landing Jk!

Though it seems to me from the looks of it in the video you have it trimmed way too much nose heavy, like you have to be always pulling on the elevator to keep her straight.

I'd try seting a more aft CG and retrim, but, up to you, if you feel comfortable just keep it that way
SU-4ever is online now Find More Posts by SU-4ever
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:13 PM
John
Joined Mar 2011
436 Posts
More footage for you guys to enjoy!!!

Freewing Su-35 70mm edf jet great flight with awkward landing (7 min 12 sec)
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:47 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,329 Posts
Think it was just posted about doing gear passes!
I was going to ask what was up why it took so long for the Nose gear to retract.
That actually may be the reason for your brown out. The gear or the sequencer are failing and may be loading the system stuck in an engaged position. The timing of the nose gear is well pass the amps stall cut out so either something is happened with the gear board or the sequencer is failing.

I'd check it over to see if theres a loose fault or something else. And sequence the gear with the gear facing the ground. It all is easy on it cycling with gravity doing half the work. But your pulling Gs and the gear has to lift itself so there may be some clues there too!

Are you glad you're coming down so much smoother You would have joined the broken nose club had you come down as hard as you were before.
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:22 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
I know this thread is dealer exempt so I wont look for my answer here. Someone please PM me as to the most reliable dealer for this plane. I am looking for both fast shipping and fair price. a little customer service would be nice as well. Thanks for your opinions
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:23 PM
Australia, NSW, Williamtown RAAF
Joined Aug 2008
2,415 Posts
Nice use of the fixed camera for those fast passes. A couple were rather close to the deck! Glad to see you're having fun with it. Hope to get mine out for some fun soon too. I just have a few yard jobs to finish

Why is it that when you've got a few weeks holiday, you are required to landscape the yard? Am really sick of digging and hauling sleepers in this Aussie heat wave we're having!
dro56595@bigpo is offline Find More Posts by dro56595@bigpo
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
I was also looking at this added BEC I wonder if a small service battery used with this would come in handy. I am thinking of the smaller battery so this could also add a little weight.http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_System.html
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:37 PM
Australia, NSW, Williamtown RAAF
Joined Aug 2008
2,415 Posts
I'm just flying this one stock PnF from Hobby King. All good so far, except for some ESC overheat during hi-power/lo-speed TV action.

On my other twin EDF, I used a 5v UBEC from one (of the two) 6s batteries. Worked fine for years.
dro56595@bigpo is offline Find More Posts by dro56595@bigpo
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:14 PM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Hey guy's, I hate to bother but I just got back from the hobby shop to compare servos and they are all out of digitals. I know I have read in hear some where what works but I can't seem to find it. What Hitec, JR, or Spectrum digital servo will fit for the elevators? I just want to order, and get them on the way. Thanks.
av8ersteve is offline Find More Posts by av8ersteve