HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2013, 08:44 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,124 Posts
They probably are - both jets are produced by Freewing.
fredmdbud is offline Find More Posts by fredmdbud
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2013, 01:45 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2011
3,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by av8ersteve View Post
I'm thinking about getting the HS-85MG's. Digital's for the elevators. I got to see what will fit first though.

Are these stock servo's the same thing that comes in the Euro from BH? They sure look like it.
Check out my Su35 Build 2 vid above, I used HK 15148

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=16265

perfect fit. I also bought 2 Corona's but no way will fit, would require ripping out the servo seat, on my grey camo I used Hi-Tech but had to sand and grind to make fit...
IntheTubeDeep is online now Find More Posts by IntheTubeDeep
Old Jan 03, 2013, 03:42 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
I cant wait to buy this jet! I got a $5000. check coming in the mail next week! I am putting aside $1000. toward this plane!. All I have to do now is find the best dealer that sells this plane in the U.S.A.. I know it is at the Hobby King U.S. warehouse but I want to shop around a bit before I buy
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 03, 2013, 03:58 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,847 Posts
There is a new vendor that is just opening up, but can't remember the name. It was posted in this thread, maybe somomeone else remembers... Its a US vendor.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Jan 03, 2013, 04:05 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheTubeDeep View Post

perfect fit. I also bought 2 Corona's but no way will fit, would require ripping out the servo seat, on my grey camo I used Hi-Tech but had to sand and grind to make fit...
Isn't that a 32oz/in servo @ 5V. The stock is 42. Its great that it fits but for the full moving stab, you'd want to match if not exceed the torque load demand.

Do they have a digital in that size or a higher rated servo in the same size class? Ya actually they do. Try these instead HK_15148B Digital at least does 34 @ 5V 38oz/in or 2.8kg @ 6V and are in the same casing.
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Maxthrottle; Jan 03, 2013 at 04:16 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 04:06 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,847 Posts
Oh ya its called motionrc

http://www.motionrc.com/
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Jan 03, 2013, 05:18 PM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,135 Posts
Some of the prices are quite good. The ARF jets are quite high though. Anyone know what shipping cost is like? The Hitec Aurora 9 TX is a good price. I have one and love it.
acesimmer is offline Find More Posts by acesimmer
Old Jan 03, 2013, 05:37 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesimmer View Post
Some of the prices are quite good. The ARF jets are quite high though. Anyone know what shipping cost is like? The Hitec Aurora 9 TX is a good price. I have one and love it.
If your talking about http://www.motionrc.com/ Shipping is free over $99.00. But I too find the prices on the jet I wish to buy quite a bit higher than Hobby Kings U.S. warehouse even considering the free shipping offer
Old Jan 03, 2013, 05:59 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
What would be the best Gyro system to use with this jet?
Old Jan 03, 2013, 06:40 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,681 Posts
Best is relative some what to how much tinkering are you willing to do.
The new Eagle Tree Guardian is dumb simple and has the idea of adjusting the gain control in flight from your TX. The Reprogrammed KK2 or the Naze are also being used for stabilitiy controllers. There are other more expensive ones but the key is having some kind of gain control to vary the sensitivity depending on speed.

The radio setup usually has the Flight surfaces controlled done separately from the TV.
So you would do one or the other or need two independent units.
TV has less of an impact if the gain is high and you are going fast. But the surfaces would need low gain while going even moderate speeds.
Slow the gain is higher for both but transitions over the surfaces quickly start to get sensitive because as you pull out of a slow stalled state, you usually suddenly pick up speed.

Some of the configs are:
Roll-Gyro aileron, Pitch Gyro Stabilators, Yaw Gyro Rudder,
Stability Controller on Aileron & Stabilator & Rudder
Stability Controller on external mixer to Tailerons & rudder, Roll Gyro Aileron
Stability Controller on TV all axis
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Maxthrottle; Jan 03, 2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:01 PM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheTubeDeep View Post

I have been. Watching to see how it all comes out. Looking good so far. Be sure to vid the maiden
av8ersteve is offline Find More Posts by av8ersteve
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:13 PM
Joined Aug 2012
131 Posts
I'm doing a Kit and i just received the Hitec 82MG for the elevators and the HS65MG for the wings. the 65's fit good and the 82s were real tight, I was able to get them in after using a file to trim things down a but. Im looking forward to a good maiden. doing some lights also, i need to find some touchup paint, I have the gray model.
JTAnimal is offline Find More Posts by JTAnimal
Old Jan 04, 2013, 01:45 AM
John
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Mar 2011
436 Posts
OK V8,
You and a few others are gonna place your approval on this landing. Enjoy the video...

Freewing SU-35 Twin 70mm EDF Jet great flight (7 min 5 sec)
jk671 is offline Find More Posts by jk671
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:37 AM
Australia, NSW, Williamtown RAAF
Joined Aug 2008
2,476 Posts
Much smoother on the elevator on that landing. I noticed that during your practice approaches you were getting the feel of the flare. It's a tricky animal! That practice is paying off. Keep it up!

Cheers,

Dan.
dro56595@bigpo is offline Find More Posts by dro56595@bigpo
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:19 AM
Joined Jun 2012
442 Posts
[QUOTE=jk671;23706309]OK V8,
You and a few others are gonna place your approval on this landing. Enjoy the video...

you mentioned on the video you had a brown out. I see you use a 9x radio but what receivers are you using?
PAPE is offline Find More Posts by PAPE