SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:33 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,227 Posts
Boy, could I make a fun "Flight test list"!! Full of things that need to be tested.... individual aspects, interacting aspects... speeds, attitudes.....
I would think about 20+ flights worth!!!
PeterVRC is online now Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - what NOT to buy !!!
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:18 PM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Yea!!! It's my birthday.
av8ersteve is offline Find More Posts by av8ersteve
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:33 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by av8ersteve View Post
Yea!!! It's my birthday.
av8r,

Congrats, but looks like you got v1 not v3.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:33 PM
Joined Aug 2012
131 Posts
congrats AV8 your going to love it. have fun!
JTAnimal is offline Find More Posts by JTAnimal
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:16 PM
Live to fly!
United States, NJ, Fair Lawn
Joined Nov 2002
3,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
av8r,

Congrats, but looks like you got v1 not v3.
I've been following this thread on and off since it started. I'm really itching to pick up one of these birds. What's the best place to buy one from? I know Hobby King and Banana Hobby carry them (I'm in the US), but the HK shipping is crazy ($49 for only the plane from the US Warehouse), and BH has had so many complaints I'd rather not deal with them. Anyone else carry this plane in the US? And, what's the difference between the versions (originally, there used to be a version for 4S and another for 6S - is that what you're referring to, v8??)
Thanks in advance, and I apologize if this question has already been answered.
Doc
doc-e is offline Find More Posts by doc-e
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:21 PM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
What is the difference? I honestly didn't know. I got it from BH, ordered it last week. Do you have to specify to them you want the newest version. Looks like that would be automatically understood. Anyway, looks great, cant wait to get it in the air.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:42 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,701 Posts
Lol! Sorry man I was being sarcastic guess nobody got it, v1 is the only version. Get it, " looks like you got v1", hence the smiley face/grin.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:47 PM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
LOL,LOL,.... you got me V8. I'm over here sweating thinking, "oh my god I didn't get the good one". No wounder google wouldn't bring anything up on V3....... Good one, I'll have to remember that one.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:50 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,701 Posts
Rofl! Lol! Man you even searched Google, classic! I can picture hitting refresh every few seconds waiting for someone or my reply. I'll be on my tippy toes.

On a real note congrats your gonna love this plane. Its my favorite plane in the hangar and she's a pussy cat to land...enjoy!
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:54 PM
Live to fly!
United States, NJ, Fair Lawn
Joined Nov 2002
3,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Rofl! Lol! Man you even searched Google, classic! I can picture hitting refresh every few seconds waiting for someone or my reply. I'll be on my tippy toes.

On a real note congrats your gonna love this plane. Its my favorite plane in the hangar and she's a pussy cat to land...enjoy!

Good one V8, but still - what's the difference between the "standard" and the "3D sport" models? My understanding was that both have TV. Is it the motors/battery?
doc-e is offline Find More Posts by doc-e
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:58 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,701 Posts
I don't think the ever ended up doing a standard version. The standard version was to not have tv and a high kv motor running on 4s, thus lighter.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:31 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,452 Posts
One person mentioned on here that they actually got one. I think it also didn't have active rudders.
Either way have fun AV8r... it a great bit of kit. Just bolt her together and fly.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:54 PM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Aug 2010
1,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc-e View Post
I've been following this thread on and off since it started. I'm really itching to pick up one of these birds. What's the best place to buy one from? I know Hobby King and Banana Hobby carry them (I'm in the US), but the HK shipping is crazy ($49 for only the plane from the US Warehouse), and BH has had so many complaints I'd rather not deal with them. Anyone else carry this plane in the US? And, what's the difference between the versions (originally, there used to be a version for 4S and another for 6S - is that what you're referring to, v8??)
Thanks in advance, and I apologize if this question has already been answered.
Doc
I ordered a part from BH last week. got a email no longer in stock. Called them to get a refund then after it was done got another email saying it was in stock. the following day the website says in stock so I ordered it again. just ten minutes ago got an email it was not in stock. Called again and cancelled the order. If that wasn't bad enough I just checked the website and it says in stock. I'll be doing business with HK from now on.
I never had a problem with them updating their website inventory.
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:27 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,701 Posts
What part was it that u ordered.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:54 PM
RC is healthy for your brains!
Italy, Lombardy, Milan
Joined Nov 2012
70 Posts
PeterVRC how are you doing with the great work on the slats? I am so impatient to see the result!
.Superfly. is offline Find More Posts by .Superfly.