HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:29 AM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
Mine is the stock setup on my eurofighter as well...is there any instructions on programming stock euro esc?
Its been posted both here and in the Euro thread. Try a quick search but know that the instructions are just the common instructions from what everyone guesses FW is using as the manufacturer. Its seemed to work so far.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:32 AM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,071 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
Its been posted both here and in the Euro thread. Try a quick search but know that the instructions are just the common instructions from what everyone guesses FW is using as the manufacturer. Its seemed to work so far.
Thanks Max...figured it would be posted in threads somewhere. Sometimes these threads get soooo long that it can be impossible to find what your looking for. I'll see what I can locate.
DamonH is offline Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:38 AM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPE View Post
This is great info. I thought i was the only one with this problem. The thing is i later tried a difrent motor. Hk 3025 outrunner. And the problem. Dint go away but got a little beter. But still did the same thing on the video. But with the hk motor I could here the motor start to go out of sync around 50-60% throttle.
I flew it like this any way but had to stop on the 3rd flight as the problem got worst and the motor cut of compleatly. 3 times.
I know. In your case I'd try a different ESC on the same motors to see if something changes. I resoldered my entire setup only to find the issue remained. Looking across RCG there are various explanations for the issue but the occurace is random; another can have the exact same setup and not experience it.
Mark did advise it to be some what typical and to just not sit at that throttle setting as it is bad for the setup all around. But thats hard to do when you need to feather in throttle and can't hear that you are stuttering on approach right when you think you need to add throttle that you have to avoid.

I had two sets of ESCs a 80Hobbywing and later a 70 HKHobbywing where the issue remained until I changed the timing. My feeling was if I got another set of HET motors it likely wouldn't even show up at all.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:43 AM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,329 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Max...figured it would be posted in threads somewhere. Sometimes these threads get soooo long that it can be impossible to find what your looking for. I'll see what I can locate.
I know but when you ask any of us we just do a search just the same way to find it. It doesn't always work but I know they were posted. Look up from search this thread, ESC setup instructions. It took me straight to KYDAWG1s posted PDF in the Euro thread.http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4328
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:48 AM
Joined Oct 2011
3,071 Posts
Quote:
I know but when you ask any of us we just do a search just the same way to find it. It doesn't always work but I know they were posted. Look up from search this thread, ESC setup instructions. It took me straight to KYDAWG1s posted PDF in the Euro thread.http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4328
Thanks...I found it. Google worked well and took me to Hobby Lobby.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:33 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,329 Posts
Quote:
Thanks...I found it. Google worked well and took me to Hobby Lobby.
Why go out to Google. The RCG forum has its own internal search tools. Search this thread (between thread tools and rate thread) takes you to the conversation on what you'll know will be on topic.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:35 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,972 Posts
Wherever he got it, Google or RCGroups, as long as he got his answer.
fredmdbud is offline Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:36 PM
Joined Oct 2011
3,071 Posts
Quote:
Why go out to Google. The RCG forum has its own internal search tools. Search this thread (between thread tools and rate thread) takes you to the conversation on what you'll know will be on topic.
I did use the thread search tool...first post I found contained the esc manual but it wouldn't open when I clicked so I just googled and found the exact same manual at Hobby Lobby and downloaded it.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:55 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,329 Posts
? I added the link to the thread and its not closed the content is displayed in the post. Glad you found what you're looking for.
True Fred but google could take him lots of places as it does with many that they get frustrated and come back and ask because they are not sure of what they found. RCG internal at least there is a conversation that matches which Google doesn't always center in on since its guessing on a wider range of possible answers.

Its the snake chasing its tail; the complaint is also the cause. Threads are long because there are so many repeating of a few questions where the search tools could take you straight to the answer.
Helping people learn to fish rather than giving them one I always thought to be better for the person. That doesn't mean I think it to be a dumb question or that I don't want to help... or it wouldn't be asked over and over.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:05 PM
Joined Oct 2011
3,071 Posts
Quote:
? I added the link to the thread and its not closed the content is displayed in the post. Glad you found what you're looking for.
True Fred but google could take him lots of places as it does with many that they get frustrated and come back and ask because they are not sure of what they found. RCG internal at least there is a conversation that matches which Google doesn't always center in on since its guessing on a wider range of possible answers.

Its the snake chasing its tail; the complaint is also the cause. Threads are long because there are so many repeating of a few questions where the search tools could take you straight to the answer.
Helping people learn to fish rather than giving them one I always thought to be better for the person. That doesn't mean I think it to be a dumb question or that I don't want to help... or it wouldn't be asked over and over.
WOW Max...I had already completed my search before I even saw the link you posted. Yes your link worked...but I was already off finding it myself after your initial post to do just that. I know how to do a search...its not rocket science. My initial question was just in line with the current conversation about motor/esc issues and maybe needing to change esc settings so I figured it prudent to ask the question for myself and anyone else experiencing the same problem in hopes that some had the information handy or perhaps posted it before and could access it quickly. Was just trying to help anyone with this issue and maybe bring forward old info to make it easier for others to get a solution...wasn't trying to be lazy and not do my own research.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:45 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
10,733 Posts
If you have some other ESC brand/type to use, throw that onto the motor, just outside the plane for testing. I have had a few cases of a particular (or even a few) ESC just refusing to work 'cleanly' with a particular motor. No programmable setting sorts it out. But another ESC drove it perfectly.
So for sure their are certain ESC/Motor combinations that just don't work 100% correctly together. (There are 50 electronics/electromagnetic reasons that could be).
PeterVRC is online now Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: SBEC's connected in parallel
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:50 PM
Joined Nov 2006
10,733 Posts
Well I flew around at 50% flaperon for an entire flight and though you can't measure much accurately at all watching a plane, it had plenty of control still but had 8mm elevator UP trim to offset the flaperons AND the nose heaviness it had from incorrect CofG (thus that also messes up "What caused how much of what?"). Plus I only fly on low rates for the most, so that is about 3/4 surface travels used, and after all of that the pitch authority was still large.

If the Flaperons caused downwash and 'messy' airflow over the elevators continuously all flight, it couldn't have been anything to worry about as it flew/responded totally fine. (Dragging the tail around turns, but still no control issues).
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:13 AM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Superfly. View Post
.....Would the tailerons deliver sufficient roll control in those moments? I would like to leave the wings dumb and inert, fully flapped out...
I should add here just to make sure re my previous comment to you, you don't want to fly around with the flapperons deployed throughout the flight. Just making sure thats not what you mean by the above. Pete unknowingly did that. He was both nose heavy and had the flaps deployed which is basically trying to trim a bird with afterburners on while having all your air brakes deployed and dirty. It'll fly fine just not optimally. Fly it first without and gradually use flapperons. Tailerons you can always use but you may want to dial your roll back with each flight mode.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 01:22 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
Well I flew around at 50% flaperon for an entire flight
So you flying her again?
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:32 PM
Joined Nov 2006
10,733 Posts
No, that was that day it took off great from the cricket pitch (twice). The first one with my TX "Pot1" - which controls flaperons - at mid point, by some glaringly obvious overlook!! Finding that out when I noticed them down when I landed.

Then the next day it had the 'fence post crash' when it refused to get airborne.... thus out of action and into the 'mods hangar'.

Now with the wings off and having the 'LEF surgery"....
I don't like the weakness of the LEF in foam alone, so it will either get CF faces on the LEF portion, otherwise totally re-made balsa pieces. Both ways have their annoying bits.
I don't have the balsa..... and I don't have very wide (the LEF is about 20mm high at the root end) and THIN CF strip.
So it is delayed.
But I made up all the servo, pushrod, wiring stuff. So it is ready to go once the LEF pieces are fixed up.
RCG Plus Member