HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:56 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
10,309 Posts
I did look at 'how do they come out?' and after some pulling on them (not hard) and jiggling etc, I decided it felt 'dangerous' to try further.
I will do thrust/TV tests tonight, but they are very free compared to what they were! And still smooth, as it was low enough grit paper.

I thought about some grease in there, but that would just amplify how much sand/grit ended up in there! For sure EDF's will pick up grit, from ANY surface! So it will become 'caked sludge' over time... soon enough. Though if you can get them out easily enough you could do that maintenance every week or few.

The pressures the servo drives put onto the TV's is probably a better test than with thrust. Thrust actually assists keeping the TV off the sidewards pressure. So it should not change things at all - or at least not make anything worse.
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 04:30 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,228 Posts
Well Pete;
It's a ball in a ball. Under thrust the inner ball is pushed against the outer. If the surfaces between the two start getting rough, the friction becomes more notable under thrust.
The grease, lube what have you is once its getting damaged or scuffed from sand blasting. Mind you I did do two of mine this way and I thought the same as you but also hoped that if you. But then thought if you can lube before you start the lube would actas a barrier to dust getting between them.

It woks for a time but the dust never goes away because it is trapped at the seam. Eventually the trapped dust gets worked in between remaining lubes so still not a big issue. But eventually it gets bad enough quite visible after taking it apart and flushing clean.

So if I could take the unit out, take it apart and clean it I would.
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:55 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,515 Posts
Nozzles removed

just a firm grip and a lil wiggle while you pull and they slide right out.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:29 AM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,096 Posts
Any news about the "upgrade package"?

Hi there,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhalljet View Post
Su-35 upgrade package is available at Flashing that you had never seen!
Has anyone seen / installed / build this upgrade package yet? The quoted specs sounded interesting.

Cheers,
Henrik
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:32 PM
United States, CA, Woodland
Joined Dec 2008
163 Posts
Going to have to reverse one the the hitec hs-82. can't remmmber where the video was showing how to to it, little help please
R. Mike Neely is offline Find More Posts by R. Mike Neely
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:36 PM
United States, AR, Jacksonville
Joined Jul 2004
389 Posts
Previously I used this link to do it myself:
http://www.rcsoaringdigest.com/OTW/o...oReversing.pdf

But when I googled looking for it, I found this video:
How to REVERSE a Servo. (4 min 32 sec)
Whiskey Whiskey is offline Find More Posts by Whiskey Whiskey
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:09 PM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
1,899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Mike Neely View Post
Going to have to reverse one the the hitec hs-82. can't remmmber where the video was showing how to to it, little help please
Be very careful with the pot on this type servo. I bust one sliding it back in.
acesimmer is online now Find More Posts by acesimmer
Old Nov 11, 2012, 04:33 PM
United States, CA, Woodland
Joined Dec 2008
163 Posts
Thanks fellows, I love this forums and the ability to share information world around. We living in a great age!
R. Mike Neely is offline Find More Posts by R. Mike Neely
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:10 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,567 Posts
So, bad news for me, we ain't gonna make an artificial grass field after all.

Well, unfortunately this is not America, "The land of the free" but rather Spain where you are suposed guilty of everything until proved otherwise, and where EVERYTHING has to be done under the watchful eye of bureaucrat politicians whose only prupose is to steal the poor to fill their pockets while the whole country comes appart. They usually make it by prohibiting stupid things and cashing the sanctions but when there is nothing to steal, they simply prohibit everything anyway so that they don't have to mess with "improductive" work.

You see, I'll have to keep labouring hard to keep my girls in the air

Cheers,
Jandro.

PS: Know this is pretty off-topic but had to scream it somewhere before I become a national terrorist and blow the whole country for the sake of the planet before exiling anywhere else. Beg your pardon and comprehension.
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:38 PM
Joined Aug 2012
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever View Post
So, bad news for me, we ain't gonna make an artificial grass field after all.

Well, unfortunately this is not America, "The land of the free" but rather Spain where you are suposed guilty of everything until proved otherwise, and where EVERYTHING has to be done under the watchful eye of bureaucrat politicians whose only prupose is to steal the poor to fill their pockets while the whole country comes appart. They usually make it by prohibiting stupid things and cashing the sanctions but when there is nothing to steal, they simply prohibit everything anyway so that they don't have to mess with "improductive" work.

You see, I'll have to keep labouring hard to keep my girls in the air

Cheers,
Jandro.

PS: Know this is pretty off-topic but had to scream it somewhere before I become a national terrorist and blow the whole country for the sake of the planet before exiling anywhere else. Beg your pardon and comprehension.
What do you mean, it sounds like America to me!! and some people gave him another 4 years to do more damage
JTAnimal is offline Find More Posts by JTAnimal
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:05 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,228 Posts
Sorry to hear it Jandro.
Bureaucracy is never fun. Had a two contract in a country that shall go unnamed thatwas corrupt looking for payoff at every level. Just gets annoying when they sweat even the small stuff.
And we know you feel though joking in you next comment that I'll not repeat don't want to get put on some no fly list
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:29 AM
Joined Oct 2011
1,899 Posts
At least you guys did away with the inquisition........ or did you?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:53 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,567 Posts
Ahahahhahaa!

That's what I'd love to think...

There is nothing called 'inquisition' nowadays but after all the budget cuts in public health, Education, retirement, minimum salaries... The Catholic Church's money has been untouched and so do the politicians salaries. Also the judicial power is highly influenced by political charges, which are in turn, in agreement with Church's views. It all makes a great nasty picture of the country. Wouldn't dare to say they're still acting like the inquisition some centuries ago but no doubt they still have money and power.

Well, I'm done hijacking the thread for now. I can't fly these days and that's starting to edge my nerves.

I'm gonna put a separate BEC on the SU and see If I can end with the diferential throttle issue.

Cheers!
Jandro.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:10 PM
Joined Oct 2011
1,899 Posts
Do you have a spare channel for motor #2? that way you can mix them and program throttle curves to sync the motors.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:11 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,567 Posts
No, no spare channels, and if I had i would use them for other purposes!

(More taileron+TV mixing options)

But thanks for the idea!