2,900 Posts
Nice angle!

You had a piece of grass stucked in the intakes all the flight ^^
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:26 PM
Joined Aug 2012
131 Posts
Not trying to get off the subject of the SU-35 but i was wondering if you guys had seen the new Messerschmitt Me 262 on BH? i think it looks killer, probably flys good also. Looks like the same landing gear from the SU-35, for the mains anyway
JTAnimal is offline Find More Posts by JTAnimal
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:33 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTAnimal View Post
Not trying to get off the subject of the SU-35 but i was wondering if you guys had seen the new Messerschmitt Me 262 on BH? i think it looks killer, probably flys good also. Looks like the same landing gear from the SU-35, for the mains anyway
Wanted the dynam version and then saw the Freewing version and it looks sooo much nicer. That's and the Yak-130 are my next purchases should have the Yak-130 by months end (waiting on parts detail/info from distributor) and still waiting on ME262 release.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Last edited by v8truckin; Nov 04, 2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 09:39 PM
Joined Jun 2012
433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Wanted the dynam version and then saw the Freewing version and it looks sooo much nicer. That's and the Yak-130 are my next purchases should have the Yak-130 by months end (waiting on parts detail/info from distributor) and still waiting on ME262 release.
How are you going to have the yak by months end. I thought its coming out like in a year

Also who makes it freewing
PAPE is offline Find More Posts by PAPE
Old Nov 04, 2012, 09:59 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPE View Post
How are you going to have the yak by months end. I thought its coming out like in a year

Also who makes it freewing
Ment to say have mine ordered by mo. end. Distrubtor will have limited quantities available and will be in stock to ship in Feb, but like I said im waiting on a reply back from them as to spare parts availabitly and when. I don't want a plane that I can't get spare parts for easily and readily available, so im standing by with my finger on the trigger. Not sure who is actually making it, but that's another question im waiting on. Only thing that is gonna hurt is the $180-200 shipping, yikes! Also am saving my electric brakes for it.
Last edited by v8truckin; Nov 04, 2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:42 AM
Australia, NSW, Williamtown RAAF
Joined Aug 2008
2,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever View Post
Nice angle!

You had a piece of grass stucked in the intakes all the flight ^^
Yep, it sure hung in there!

What I was more concerned about was the fuselage flexing during pitch manoeuvring. Anyone else notice this? And I'm pretty sure it's flexing at the rear of the fuselage between tail and battery. Have seen this before with other foamy jets, requiring some reinforcement else risk a spectacular in-flight failure.

Cheers,

Dan.
dro56595@bigpo is offline Find More Posts by dro56595@bigpo
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 05:51 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,314 Posts
Yeah well, good luck with getting anything "on time" from ReadyToFly.... allow an extra year for 'coming soon' models.
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:50 AM
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2004
5,878 Posts
Is the vectored one faster than the non vectored? What if I put the vectored planes motors in the non and ran it on 6S. I have a ton of 6S 5000ma...
Evan D is offline Find More Posts by Evan D
Old Nov 05, 2012, 11:54 AM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
Yeah well, good luck with getting anything "on time" from ReadyToFly.... allow an extra year for 'coming soon' models.
Feb release
Old Nov 05, 2012, 05:24 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,900 Posts
Ya, like the Euro and the Su... take those delivery dates with caution!

I would seriously consider the yak, if it wasn't for I already have the material to get a Sebart Su-29 V2. Been too long focusing on jets, feels like I need to get back a few steps and perfect my basic 3D aerobatic skills before I'm to old to keep learning! And the Yak has not TV, which is a huge drawback for my likings. Still tempted seeing so much detail put toghether at such a good price.
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever
Old Nov 05, 2012, 05:35 PM
United States, CA, Woodland
Joined Dec 2008
179 Posts
Since I had this problem ( lost bec, landing gears, elevators servos & sequencer) started reading this forum from the front.

genghiskt Post 823: killed ESC & retracts,...spark just killed those stuff

ckankel Post 921: so I got a spark plugging in my 6s and fried the ESC, landing gear & elevator servos

whiskey whiskey Post 4813: similar problem

What is the common thread here???
PS have not read page 75 thur 300 yet
R. Mike Neely is offline Find More Posts by R. Mike Neely
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:17 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,494 Posts
There were entire conversations about the ESC leads being the same colour and them accidently mixing the polarities.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-16C
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:56 PM
United States, CA, Woodland
Joined Dec 2008
179 Posts
I have on order from Banana hobby a new set of retracts, from HK a sequencer and bought another CC BEC 10 amp from hobby shop. Need to get two servos for elevator.ESC's in plane are still working but no power to receiver. Plan on using a two cell lipo and the cc bec for receiver power. Do not want this to happen again. How should I proceed?
R. Mike Neely is offline Find More Posts by R. Mike Neely
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:30 PM
United States, AR, Jacksonville
Joined Jul 2004
484 Posts
I'm still waiting for replacement parts. My present theory is that the sequencer was bad which led to damaging all 3 retracts and then the BECs.

I've since hooked up a new CC BEC without any of the retract system connected and have not fried anything else...

By the way, I was going to order the replacement retracts from BH,but they didn't have a sequencer and I suspect the nose retract is different than the mains. I suspected this after seeing the retract set in the below link. I also ordered the below sequencer. Shipping to the US was only $7.50:

OEM Retract set:
http://rc-castle.com/shop/product_in...oducts_id=2278

Sequencer (not OEM):
http://rc-castle.com/shop/product_in...oducts_id=1702
*edit* this sequencer will not work, the nose wheel will get caught in the closing doors.

I'd put my money on these new parts arriving from Honk Kong before the customer service at my vendor comes through. Oh wait, I already did put my money on them, lol. Give it a few days and I'll probably breakdown and order some CC ESCs too.
Whiskey Whiskey is offline Find More Posts by Whiskey Whiskey
Last edited by Whiskey Whiskey; Nov 14, 2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 09:38 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,710 Posts
whiskey,

If you wanna save some cash on the esc's try using the hobbywing fentium/pentium/flyfun 60a-80a esc's or the hobbywing platinum pro 60a-80a escs. They are solid and 1/2 the price of the CC escs.