SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:59 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,701 Posts
Ouch jandro! After all those hrs and have something like that happen.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 04:26 PM
Munich
Joined Dec 2008
1,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever View Post
When I was disassembling the wings after landing I grabed the plane by the wing I had already unscrewed and it fell straight to the floor, breaking the other's wing wingtip...
unbelievable but real, ofc.

Quote:
I want to kill myself.
No, please!

Cheers,
H
hklagges is offline Find More Posts by hklagges
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:20 AM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,701 Posts
Spare Fuselage Back in Stock

BH has the grey and DC camo fuselage back in stock. Just ordered a spare as a back up to my spare. I'll let you all know if it's just a bare fuselage or if it has wiring and retracts and sequencer with nose servos.

Grey camo

http://www.bananahobby.com/fw-su-gc-...tockEvent=camp

Desert camo

http://www.bananahobby.com/fw-su-dc-...9154-prd1.html
Last edited by v8truckin; Oct 09, 2012 at 10:21 AM.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:26 AM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Aug 2010
1,525 Posts
From what I am understanding Banana Hobby now has the grey camo fuselage section (without wings, etc) for $89
http://www.bananahobby.com/fw-su-gc-...9136-prd1.html

Those of you who are not entirely happy with your repair work and contemplate a new jet look might want to consider it or may simply want a spare on hand.
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:28 AM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,468 Posts
That's what V8 just posted???
It would be nice if they sold a striped down fuse.

Is it just me or has shipping cost just increased across the US?
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-16C
Old Oct 09, 2012, 10:49 AM
Nova Scotia, Canada
Joined Jun 2006
236 Posts
BH shipping just keep going "upwards" - did a pre-sale checkout of this SU the other day and for me in Canada its $71 bucks !!! OUCH !!!
Now we all know I'm sure postage isn't that much - HK does it too to make up for the "what appears to be" low prices. The price we pay for great looking jets
"TIMBITS" is offline Find More Posts by "TIMBITS"
Old Oct 09, 2012, 11:22 AM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,468 Posts
Thing I still don't get is I've regularly shipped from HK,Shenzeng or Hong Kong for $57 and its on the other side of the planet.
When I do the same test ship its $67 for me, and your farther from me than I am to them.
My sister in law sends stuff up to my wife in larger packaging for far less from Louisiana.
I just got some replacement prop adaptor hubs and the standard box they shipped it to me in, where I just shipped the same box farther in the US for $4, they said they had to charge me $13.
A lot of padding going on somewhere..... It just makes me want to shop out of China more rather than local.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:38 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,701 Posts
$113 shipped to CA (CA tax was $7-$8). So $110 more gets you a whole kit. Like I said well see what comes with the fuselage, be it stripped down bare or with electronics. Hope it has electronics for its price.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:05 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,468 Posts
Ya and since it all comes in the same box the shipping shouldn't change. Well they usually do it that way. The fuse always included wires, and landing gear for around that price.

The joke there is to get a set of just the FW SU landing gear, its generally $75.
So the fuse is really just what $14.

I can live with much more than that to replace a bare fuse but I don't know, may be warehousing cost a lot more than I thought. I'm fine with drop shipping in that case.

Its all wonky. But love doesn't come without its costs
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:18 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,701 Posts
Ya that's what I'm expecting all wires and retracts, but there's always that chance with BH. Over in the 1.7m P51 thread brandonmoon order a spare cockpit, welp BH pic showed a complete cockpit, canopy, instrument panels and all put together in their pic, but what did they ship him...you guessed it a bare cockpit with no canopy, seat, or instruments. It was resolved and the later gave a better description and sold ea separately. Just hope this isn't the same. Im like you and would rather have just the bare fuse with wires for say $30-40.

Wish they would do it like horizon and ship the fuse in a smaller box. Ordered a spare fuse a few times for my PZ P47 and Habu and the both shipped in smaller boxes basically the size of the fuselage wrapped in bubble wrap. Although I'm sure it would get damaged if it did get shipped that way. So like you said, " love doesn't come without its cost" and that cost is shipping a larger sturdier box.
Last edited by v8truckin; Oct 09, 2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:54 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,468 Posts
What this kind of makes me guess though is it all the cost of shipping isn't distance but rather the paying for handling and ensuring the destination. Same box cost the same to get it down the street or across the world. And that's the part that doesn't really make sense.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2012, 05:53 PM
Joined Aug 2012
131 Posts
I just broke down the other day and bought the Euro Fighter landing gear from a shop in China. and today BH has them in stock. that's my luck! and i waited a long time. i just do not think the stock landing gear can take landing on grass. the euro fighter looks much better for landing gear.
JTAnimal is offline Find More Posts by JTAnimal
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:11 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,701 Posts
Welp my Fuse just shipped today. Wow! A 1st from BH, ordered and shipped in the same day. Also talked to Cust Srv. and they say no retracts or electronics. So we'll c if they know what they are talking about. I hope they are wrong or at least get sequencer.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:24 PM
Joined Sep 2011
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
Ya and since it all comes in the same box the shipping shouldn't change. Well they usually do it that way. The fuse always included wires, and landing gear for around that price.

The joke there is to get a set of just the FW SU landing gear, its generally $75.
So the fuse is really just what $14.

I can live with much more than that to replace a bare fuse but I don't know, may be warehousing cost a lot more than I thought. I'm fine with drop shipping in that case.

Its all wonky. But love doesn't come without its costs
Max,

Too good to be true... Fuse will only come as fuse only. No wire and even those plastic covers. Just only the foam, my friend..Lol..
genghiskt is online now Find More Posts by genghiskt
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:28 PM
Joined Sep 2011
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Welp my Fuse just shipped today. Wow! A 1st from BH, ordered and shipped in the same day. Also talked to Cust Srv. and they say no retracts or electronics. So we'll c if they know what they are talking about. I hope they are wrong or at least get sequencer.
V8,

Well, you will be disappointed. No sequencer. FW don't list sequencer in the part list. You have to ask them to quote it.

I have 3 fuses on standby after i broke my first one..
genghiskt is online now Find More Posts by genghiskt