HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2011, 09:48 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Seems that if you buy the PNP 3D sport version the motor is a lower kv & battery is a 6s. Standard version is higher kv with a 4s battery. Also the 3D version has vector & rudders where the standard version doesnt. Yellow & Grey scheme
@v8truckin: Just to verify, the kit version still includes all the parts (control horns, rods, etc) to implement rudders and TV using your own servos, correct?
fredmdbud is offline Find More Posts by fredmdbud
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2011, 09:56 PM
He builds stuff. :)
Canada, AB, Grande Prairie
Joined Sep 2007
1,773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Now! It was a xmas gift from my wife. Was stuck in customs for 4 days due to xmas.
Where did you order from??
Pepperpete is offline Find More Posts by Pepperpete
Old Dec 27, 2011, 09:57 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,038 Posts
@Pepperpete: I think he got it from RC-Castle.com. Root/1st post has current vendor list.
Last edited by fredmdbud; Dec 27, 2011 at 10:24 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 10:19 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,710 Posts
All servos r included in the kit 1 tv rudder, 2 rudder, 2 elevator, 2 tv pitch, 2 ailerons, 1 gear door.

Yes it was purchased from RC Castle.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Dec 27, 2011, 10:23 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,038 Posts
@v8truckin: I assume there is also a sequencer, too - something's gotta coordinate the nosegear door and retract!
Old Dec 27, 2011, 10:25 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,710 Posts
Yes there is a gear door sequencer. It also seems that the wings are detachable and not fixed by epoxy as in other freewing planes.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 10:30 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,038 Posts
Cool. Are there metal blind nuts where the wing bolts screw in? Otherwise, the fit might get loose over time.

1st post updated! Thanks for the info!
Old Dec 27, 2011, 10:39 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,710 Posts
As soon as the wife goes to bed I'll sneak back to the hanger n take a more in depth look.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 10:57 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,710 Posts
CG is 145-155mm

Also seems that along with the wings, the vertical rudders & elevators are also screwed in rather than fixed.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 11:18 PM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
4,038 Posts
What's the CG reference point? The jet has a blended wing root - is it the tip of the wing-fuselage joint?
Old Dec 27, 2011, 11:22 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,710 Posts
Yes tip of the wing/fuselage joint.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 02:06 AM
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Hi everyone

I just would like to go quickly Off-Topic to mention a few things to everyone who has followed the Thread I started on the SU-35 from Freewing.

After some Discussion and thinking I have come across something I was purely not aware off.

As some of you may know, things have been going the wrong direction to as of which I am involved as well.
I would like to take a short time to actually express my thoughts with you guys to this case.

I would like to apologize to everyone who followed the progress on the SU-35 on my thread in case I may have insulted anyone or have not taken anyone seriously up to the point where people think I may would like to be in "control" of everything.
I was looking at the Thread on a whole different perspective and therefore missed the point completely that people got turned away from my comments or are thinking that I am a self important person, if that is you, I am very sorry.
It never was my intention or passion to actually be this person some think I may be, and I feel sorry if I came across this way and will pay greater attention to those issues in the future.

Due to my limited time and intense workload, I seem to have missed the important things (That is you guys) and focused on the lesser important stuff which for now is not important to anyone of us, as those created the initial Problems.

2012 is about to begin and I would like to have a straight focus and only as we are communicating together and enjoying our Hobby, we will have good times.

I saw my issues for not being able to take critism, but rather dish them out, that was an issue.

So for all those who were involved in that, I am very sorry and apologize for being such a "bozo".

I hope that we can settle this together and actually enjoy our upcoming Parcels of the SU-35 and share our Impressions, thinkings, improvements with each other, no matter if you got it from Castle RC, BH, HL, R2F, Best Buy or Walmart.

Fred I would like to offer you a suggestion if we may have 2 actice threads about this Jet, to either close 1 or to actually split them to a entire build thread and the other to let's say a thread of mod thread? Something like that.

Once again, I will pay great attention to those things done wrong and in hope to have this settled once and for all with everyone involved.

Thanks for your time!

Regards

NS.
neversommer is offline Find More Posts by neversommer
Old Dec 28, 2011, 04:43 AM
Nederland, OV, Zwolle
Joined Jun 2011
125 Posts
I see on the pics a sheet with info stating the regular and the 3d sport version. On the R2F site I only see one version...is that the 3d version? The one with 3kg thrust?
Donky73 is offline Find More Posts by Donky73
Old Dec 28, 2011, 05:19 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,678 Posts
V8 - Thanks for the picts. Great to see one made it stateside.

WOW I want.
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Dec 28, 2011, 06:39 AM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,901 Posts
Neversommer, could you please tell what exact version does R2F carry?

Cheers,
Jandro.
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever