Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:01 PM
Cut the yellow wire
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
8,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS View Post
Does anyone have a taileron (left side) from a damaged or crashed airframe they'd like to sell?

ThanksMike
Found the original!
CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:40 PM
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Jun 2007
1,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS View Post
Found the original!
please fly this thing, shes been sitting around in my garage for months now, i threw her together and she looks awesome, i almost wanted to keep her...
kremecheze is offline Find More Posts by kremecheze
Old Sep 25, 2012, 02:57 PM
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Dec 2009
1,317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by My fliight View Post
Hey V8 we talked on youtube aka Mrcoldasiice Like I said im green to rc groups heres the addy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma9X8X_6n1k

Ps I was tired when I made this vid
Wow. That is a-m-a-z-i-n-g. Awesome work.
tmsn is online now Find More Posts by tmsn
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:34 PM
Joined Aug 2012
130 Posts
retracts

Hi all, I wanted to try some new retracts and beef the retracts up a little so i can try landing on grass. i tried some retracts that someone recomended on this thread, back a few pages ago (hobby kings). the problem is I plugged one into the front to try it and it works just opposite of the rear landing gear, no matter what i do. what am i missing here? I know, what a newb this is my first EDF with retracts, the others are belly landers.
JTAnimal is offline Find More Posts by JTAnimal
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:45 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
10,408 Posts
Do you mean it goes in, when it should go out?
You need a 'servo reverser' so it reverses the signal fed into the retract to be opposite (reversed).
Hobbyking has cheap ones, but 2 of the 4 I got from them did not work!

It could also be done inside the retract. Rewiring (reversing) a wiring pair in there, I am sure.
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:30 PM
Joined Aug 2012
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
Do you mean it goes in, when it should go out?
You need a 'servo reverser' so it reverses the signal fed into the retract to be opposite (reversed).
Hobbyking has cheap ones, but 2 of the 4 I got from them did not work!

It could also be done inside the retract. Rewiring (reversing) a wiring pair in there, I am sure.
Ok i will take it apart and switch a wire, seems less trouble than a reverser. a reverser is just another part to go bad. thanks
JTAnimal is offline Find More Posts by JTAnimal
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:43 PM
Joined Nov 2006
10,408 Posts
Yep for sure. If you can find it, and do it, that is the best way.
I have pulled them apart but have never traced out what goes where...
I think you do the motor wires in a servo(?), so possibly the same in a retract? Though need to reverse the potentiometer wires in a servo too.... but what is in the retract? The end switches? Reverse their wiring?

Hmmmm, yes. Will need the motor AND the endpoint sensors reversed. But the micro switches are surface mount to the controller board it seems.
Tricky project.....
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by PeterVRC; Sep 25, 2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:40 AM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,247 Posts
When you figure it out please post it. My first guess was to swap the motor wires since this doesn't have a pot.
But they've moved around the transition points so you'll likely still have one sequence before the other.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:55 AM
Joined Nov 2006
10,408 Posts
They will say "Drive the motor THIS way, until THAT micro switch is hit".
So you will need to reverse the motor direction (wires), and for the other micro switch to satisfy 'getting there'. I don't know how you do the micro switch....
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:43 AM
Life begins at transition
Australia, VIC, Sale
Joined May 2007
3,590 Posts
You pretty much can't.

You could rework the PCB (cut tracks, put in jumpers), but the micros are SMC, so it's not going to be a case of swapping wires. Even some servos are going down that route with the pots mounted directly to the PCB.

If you have a spare radio channel, it can be done easily through there?
Odysis is offline Find More Posts by Odysis
Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:38 AM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,597 Posts
Don't think it's as easy as swapping wires... The servo reversers for some reason do not work well with the Freewing sequencer, my advice here is to buy a whole new sequencer like the one sold at HK (ASSAN) and meanwhile you can fly with the gear doors open. You could actually set the gear doors on a spare channel but you risk provoking an accident, and I KNOW what I'm talking about...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xst...e-pt-ii-hd_fun

Now, that's what will happen if you mess up.
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever
Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:48 AM
Australia, VIC, Sale
Joined May 2007
3,590 Posts
Ah - you just reminded me...
What brand are the retracts? If it doesn't work with a reverser, it might be because of the PWM width. Normal is 1000-2000, but I have had one brand that needed 900-2100 to be reliable.

Haven't seen it for a couple of years though, so not sure if it was a batch or generation problem?
Old Sep 26, 2012, 05:36 AM
Joined Sep 2012
1 Posts
Just had to replace the retract sequencer on mine. I had a similar issue with the doors not going the same way. All I did was pop out the Door servo and turn it 180 degrees and now it works correctly (may need to adjust the linkages a little)
Darkwombat1 is offline Find More Posts by Darkwombat1
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:24 AM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,247 Posts
IIiiii
I don't know but am curious. There is a seq timer AKA over current cutout and the two end switch cutouts. The micro switches are pressure switches. The only on/off is what ever reads the usec transition point and opens the circuit to start the sequence. Since this isn't like a servo, they wouldn't need to follow a servos pot control and is simple on or off. The only thing different with any of these is the start up cutout to prevent the gear from sequencing on the initial start up.

I haven't tried it but curious why switching the motors polarity wouldn't work if theend point switchs are just cutouts. I can press either switch during transition and it simply breakes the circuit.

Never understood why some have issues with the reversers as well. I have them on mixed sets. Mind you I haven't purchased a new set of FW, PZ or CS retracts for two years now since I have so many sets so they may have changed something about them.

CS and FWs transition the same direction but PZs are opposite. So not sure that these work the same way servos do. If they do why do they need to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysis View Post
You pretty much can't.

You could rework the PCB (cut tracks, put in jumpers), but the micros are SMC, so it's not going to be a case of swapping wires. Even some servos are going down that route with the pots mounted directly to the PCB.

If you have a spare radio channel, it can be done easily through there?
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:35 AM
Australia, VIC, Sale
Joined May 2007
3,590 Posts
Hmm, seems there's a bit of a difference in the control method between the two types of retracts I've got to hand...

PZ just act as a stop - as soon as the switch is hit, they stop dead.
CS back the motor off by a fraction after hitting the stop.

In PZ's case, they may act purely as a break. That would indeed make reversing it a simple job. CS's though seems to keep track of which end point it hits.

Which brand comes with this jet? mine's still in UPS's capable(?) hands, so I can't try myself Would be interesting to see though!