HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:35 PM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
See pic for a quick update on the T-28 composite version that I'm currently building. I'm now working on the fuselage plug getting it ready to make the molds. I tried a new technique today using aluminum tape with my own pressed rivets, screw heads and panels to see if it was a better way of adding the scale detail. Eureka it works great!. Instead of having to do panel lines with drafting tape then fill with 2k primer then wet sand then repeat.... This is fast and provides better detail and especially realism. The pic is a rough and ready test piece and is not burnished and only took five minutes to throw together. With this method you could cover the entire model in aluminum then just clear coat for a full metal finish like on a P51. Looks so much better in the real world than the picture. The reason I'm switching to this method is that after getting hold of some really detailed close up pics of the trojan the real one is so beat up and has dents and waves throughout the body work that this method makes it more real than a super smooth perfect skin
Nice detail work on the T-28. Do you take orders? [/QUOTE]
May do a short kit in the future... Just want to get this one done so I can tackle the SU35
acesimmer is online now Find More Posts by acesimmer
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:43 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesimmer View Post
Nice detail work on the T-28. Do you take orders?
May do a short kit in the future... Just want to get this one done so I can tackle the SU35[/QUOTE]

Sounds great...I'd take one of those as well Really though, that is some nice work.
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:47 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,844 Posts
Ace & D You two need to get together
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:00 AM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesimmer View Post
....super thin epoxy skin to pick up detail then filled the skins while in the mold with a fabulous rigid two part foam for a perfect stab that is super strong and light weight...
Which two part foam? And are you just filling the void or are you controlling the foam structure with an inner mold?

Sockrat I try to stick with XT150s because I use my batteries in several different aircraft and in many cases individually in one, while paired in packs in others. I'm even getting ride of my EC5s because they are a head ache to series.

Deans are simply rated to low for most of the Freewing models, even though they are just matching the 12 gauge ESC wire. Trouble is Deans are not a very good mechanical solder joint and as a battery connector they covert more energy to heat that you can't read since you measuring device is measuring down stream demand and can't see up stream losses.
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-16C
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:28 AM
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Nov 2010
566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
Which two part foam? And are you just filling the void or are you controlling the foam structure with an inner mold?

Sockrat I try to stick with XT150s because I use my batteries in several different aircraft and in many cases individually in one, while paired in packs in others. I'm even getting ride of my EC5s because they are a head ache to series.

Deans are simply rated to low for most of the Freewing models, even though they are just matching the 12 gauge ESC wire. Trouble is Deans are not a very good mechanical solder joint and as a battery connector they covert more energy to heat that you can't read since you measuring device is measuring down stream demand and can't see up stream losses.
i use the XT150's as well. i stopped using them on 3s and 4s batteries. Saddly in the F18 i had Deans on my 3s 4000ma bats and the esc had dual deans. never once considered changing the connector on the ESC.

now on my A10 and 125mph Mig29, on them i use XT150.
Wargassm is offline Find More Posts by Wargassm
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:45 AM
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Dec 2009
1,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever View Post
The bad thing is that I killed the Eurofighter and The Su in one single day.

It sounded here like you really lost both of them, but you're very lucky your failures were only on the ground Jandro! They'll fly again
tmsn is offline Find More Posts by tmsn
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:51 AM
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Dec 2009
1,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
6s & up - EC5

5s & below - EC3
Many of my 5S setups run at more than 60A peak, or way too close for comfort, so EC3 is not viable for those. I love EC5s but they are expensive. I have them on my SU which is the highest electrical current plane I have, but for every other 4S and 5S setup I have I use HXT 4mm connectors. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=9283
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:54 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,844 Posts
My bad ment to say what you pointed out as the majority of my EC5 are 6s.. But ya your correct they are expensive but I get em in bulk from HK now, rather than from eflite.

5s up - EC5

4s down - EC3
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Sep 11, 2012, 04:27 PM
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Dec 2009
1,329 Posts
Yep, EC5s are definitely superior. Didn't know HK was selling them, that's great.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:10 PM
Joined Sep 2012
5 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to program my DX8 so i can use with my Freewing SU35? =) I have been trying but i cant get the thrust vectors to move at all.

My setup.
DX8 radio with spectrum 8channel reciever.
Have plugged in all the thr, ail, rudder etc to the right ports, vector 1 in aux1 (flaps), vector 2 in aux 2, and vector 3 in aux 3.
I really need some guidelines here, driving me crazy =)
If someone can pls post a working SPM file i would really be happy!
RcSweden is offline Find More Posts by RcSweden
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:23 PM
USA, CA, San Francisco
Joined Dec 2009
1,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcSweden View Post
Can anyone tell me how to program my DX8 so i can use with my Freewing SU35? =) I have been trying but i cant get the thrust vectors to move at all.

My setup.
Have plugged in all the thr, ail, rudder etc to the right ports, vector 1 in aux1 (flaps), vector 2 in aux 2, and vector 3 in aux 3.
I posted mine some time back to help a fellow flyer. It assumes Rudder TV is Y'd into the RUDD channel as I see no reason to ever have it off.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2433
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:41 AM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,648 Posts
Quote:

My setup.
Here is my file. This is with TV1, 2, and 3 in Aux1,2, and 3 respectively. You can turn tv on/off via switch.
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:56 AM
United States, FL, Oviedo
Joined Dec 2008
86 Posts
Quote:
I have the Realflight simulator, is there anyway i can try SU 35 out in that simulator first? Does anyone have a "model" of the Su35 with vector thrust in any of the simulator programs?

Don't do it !
I found a couple jets to practice on, and all it did was mess up my landings on the real one...........

If you have ANY electric jet experience, your intuition will be superior to Realflight.....
mikecopey is offline Find More Posts by mikecopey
Old Sep 12, 2012, 01:15 PM
Joined Aug 2012
131 Posts
For the EC5's you may want to take a look at EPBuddy.com they carry EC5's. not a bad price, and they always ship fast for me, i buy my charging equipment fram them also.
JTAnimal is offline Find More Posts by JTAnimal
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:33 AM
Auxerre - France
France, Bourgogne, Auxerre
Joined Dec 2011
119 Posts
Can someone help me about CG .
I have read this post almost from the begining but still dont know where is the best place for the mayden flyght ?

I will used 6 s 5000 mA
or 2x 3 s 4000 mA

Thanks

Fabrice
toubab is offline Find More Posts by toubab