HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 31, 2012, 01:05 AM
John
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Mar 2011
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MercerMaggot View Post
Tough luck John. You must have felt like you went 5 rounds in a heavy weight fight. You did really well to recover the first time, but it was always going to be a tough ask with just a narrow street to line up for final approach...and the worry that the battery was going to go if you left it up there too much longer
Actually landing on that road isn't that hard... I just screwed up...
jk671 is offline Find More Posts by jk671
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2012, 01:12 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinfan View Post
I should have checked V8's photos before I made my camera mount, I used the bigger size clamp I had and it's as big as the cam. I had quite a left roll on takeoff but was expecting it. It didn't fly as well but no real problem. I wonder if there was another control surface issue or something.
ya that's a big clamp. Mine is a size up from the smallest, guess it's medium. Also taking off the arms help to lighten up camera side, but add a small clap or medium to opposite side helps. However I have very lil if any adverse affects with the wing cam.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Aug 31, 2012, 01:13 AM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk671 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofEoqDD0T-4&hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=474f2PmgWFU&hd=1

Here are my last two flights with the SU-35. I was trying to get some good footage, but I didn't balance out the wings like I should have!! I don't really know what exactly happened and i don't know if I can fix her, but it sure looks like this airframe is toast... I HAVE to get another one... but I might have to be patient in getting it.
Dude I felt your pain, None- the- less it happens to us all, Now get back up in the air.
Forrest Gump 23 is offline Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Old Aug 31, 2012, 01:13 AM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk671 View Post
I'm using the v1 wing cam from hobbyking.
hmmm... what u mount with? Velcro?
Old Aug 31, 2012, 05:59 AM
Auxerre - France
France, Bourgogne, Auxerre
Joined Dec 2011
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Heres the Pics & videos of my 1st flight after finishing repairs today.

Pics added silver to resemble the glass on the OLS-UEM tracking system infront of cockpit. Painted cockpit blue to cover up some epoxy. Also after looking things over I felt that the nose area didnt need to be reinforced after all for the nose gear. Landings are soft enough to prevent a major break. If i do brake the nose I would rather it just snap again than break further back, just my opinion.

1st flight since repairs & making sure she flys fine, landing was perfect!!!

http://youtu.be/qJOuRigJpmk

2nd flight Wing cam underneath the wing

http://youtu.be/B0aznXHKLaw

God I love this plane!

Finished Results
Very nice video !

I love the air brake !

How did you build it ?
Did you put it in the door on the top ?

Fabrice
toubab is offline Find More Posts by toubab
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:43 AM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
1,899 Posts
Hey Truckin

Nice 6" heels in the back ground. Bet you must look sweet in those! Jet looks really good too congrats.
acesimmer is online now Find More Posts by acesimmer
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:55 AM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,515 Posts
Ace,

Lmao! After I took the pictures and uploaded em I noticed em, they my flying shoes.

Fabrice,

Search airbrake on the thread tools and I think theres a few videos on how it was done 1 by anculas (original modder) and mine.
Last edited by v8truckin; Aug 31, 2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:51 AM
Joined May 2004
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
anyone looking to buy one of these, i'm cleaning my hangar out and she's taking up space
Is possible to send some pictures? How much do you like?
rogerio is offline Find More Posts by rogerio
Old Aug 31, 2012, 06:51 PM
Auxerre - France
France, Bourgogne, Auxerre
Joined Dec 2011
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Ace,

Lmao! After I took the pictures and uploaded em I noticed em, they my flying shoes.

Fabrice,

Search airbrake on the thread tools and I think theres a few videos on how it was done 1 by anculas (original modder) and mine.
Thank you !
I will look for it !
Do uou use them for the fun or they realy work ?
toubab is offline Find More Posts by toubab
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:16 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toubab View Post
Thank you !
I will look for it !
Do uou use them for the fun or they realy work ?
I installed because my field i have to cut my approach short due to a traffic road. I will not fly over it. That being said the airbrake helps to slow me down do to that short decent to the runway. Yes it works, but also looks sweet. Actually if you go to my page when you click on my name, on the left is my Blog and at the bottom youll see AIRBRAKE. If you watch the video you get an idea of what I did.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 02:51 AM
New Zealand, Bay Of Plenty, Papamoa
Joined Jun 2012
33 Posts
Hi guys, at last a video of the dolly and belly landing of the su35. my daughter did the video so please be gentle its our 1st one, come in a bit hot its normaly a bit slower but was running out of space, feel free to fast forward the crap bits, all the best.
richardaa is offline Find More Posts by richardaa
Old Sep 01, 2012, 04:46 AM
Joined Jun 2012
33 Posts
Hi guys sorry 1st video so we will try again.
Last edited by richardaa; Sep 01, 2012 at 04:53 AM.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 05:26 AM
Joined Jun 2012
33 Posts
lets try again !!!!
su 35 dolly take off (3 min 6 sec)
Old Sep 01, 2012, 11:09 AM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Aug 2010
1,464 Posts
Nice landing The dolly seems to work great!
I'm vacationing in Orlando and flew this morning at Southport Park, which has an L shaped area of rough asphalt where people fly. At first I took off and landed along the long part of the "L" area until the cross wind picked up. Then I decided to take off and land into the wind along the short part of the "L". The first attempt I make contact with some long weeds just before the asphalt as I attempted to make a low, short landing. The jet did not flip but I was surprised how the weeds took it down, thinking instead that it would simply brush over the weeds and keep going the short distance, about 15 feet, to the asphalt, but it did not. The nose cone came off and a nose gear door was damaged. I removed both doors and glued the nose cone back on and then went for another flight. This time after a few flat spins, an inverted and other fun stuff I landed successfully but nearly ran out of landing strip, turning hard to avoid running into the grass. I had a few more batteries but I stopped there at 4 packs and went back to the motel. I would rather wait till tomorrow early morning when there will probably be less wind, knowing how fragile the stock landing gear is. The nose gear door is repairable but I will have to return home for the part to repair it. The guys at the park were quite excited about my little ornithopter, which was the first thing I flew when I arrived there. Guess they had never seen one in action; they love the way it could glide along. It's a nice little show stopper, much like the SU-35, which got compliments also.
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl
Last edited by urrl; Sep 01, 2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old Sep 01, 2012, 11:53 AM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Aug 2010
1,464 Posts
Just reviewing this thread; this looks like an interesting mod from TMSN:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsn View Post
4 more flights today. Awesome as always. Getting better at high alpha, and a did the longest clean axial roll I've managed to date, about 3 seconds. I managed one nicely formed cobra complete with recovery, but I couldn't duplicate it. I did it downwind which was unexpected.

Thought I'd post a note about a small mod I did. I was having trouble with the stock wheel coming apart due the the weak rim material, and also the axle buckling under the pressure and rubbing against the strut. You can observe that in some of my older photos. I went to my LHS looking for replacement wheel and found that the Parkzone P-47 LG set is a pretty good replacement. Same exact diameter and axle size, just a little bit thicker, a less bouncy material, and yet they look almost exactly the same as the stock ones. The kit comes with very sturdy struts. Here: http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...s-p-47-PKZ5303

I took out the stock axle and wheel, and cut the P-47's struts to a short L shape, and made a small flattened section for the grub screw to grab on to. It slides right into the hole in the stock SU-35's strut, and the wheel is secured with a simple collar. This material is *much* stronger than the stock axle, as are the P-47 wheels. Tried them today and they worked like a charm. My wheels are now perfectly straight and there's no buckling.
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl