HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:02 PM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
281 Posts
Need help programming my Su-35

Guys I just purchased this jet but have no instructions on programming thrust vectoring for my futaba 7c. does anyone on here have the same radio that can help me get this puppy going.
Forrest Gump 23 is offline Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:12 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,515 Posts
JESUS jandro! I wouldve been clapping also thinking you pulled off the 1st Harrier landing on the Freewing SU35. That was a great save and a toss up between the euro save you pulled off be it the euro was probably a lil harder to save. Either way it was an awesome manuever and yes thank good for TV thats why i alwasy fly with it on. Bravo! Hey I thought you said next vid is gonna have rap/hip hop? Miracle II vid was next vid... jk!
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:38 PM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
1,899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwmflying14 View Post
wow, your corrected (density altitude) altitude has got to be insane! here in AZ im at 2700' with about 5-15% humidity and 95-100 degrees It can often be 6000-7500' on any given day
This week the weather is really funky. Temps are around 95 to 105 deg. Humidity is higher than usual at 40-50%. I have noticed at least 15% loss in power with some loss in vertical performance. Approaches and landings can be a challenge as well. I will be taking my Flanker to the vegas Aces in August and that should improve performance. Be interesting to see the difference. Oh well! some of us must suffer along...........

Question to all.

I was looking at replacing all the servos on control surfaces has I'm just not happy with the stock ones. Have replaced the stabs with Hitec HS-82 MG and they work well. One of my students is using the HobbyPartz digital Solars on his new plane and with 40 plus flights the control surfaces are super tight with zero play. I'm looking for one in the 6Volt range with BB and good gears. I cannot seem to find one the right size or close enough to fit. Any of you tried them and if so what part number used and where on the Flanker.
acesimmer is offline Find More Posts by acesimmer
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:51 PM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
1,899 Posts
Wow Jandro... Just saw your movie. I can empathize with how you felt when the TV's locked in the up position. A couple of weeks ago I was on final when suddenly my left TV went into full up and the gear stripped out. Funny thing is I had them switched off for that flight. I did not notice it until I was low and slow and goosed the power for touch down when it went into 90 deg high alpha and a sudden roll to the left two-three feet off the deck. That woke me up but I managed to recover it with only a loosened nose gear due to it slamming down hard. BTW great vids I wish I could get someone good to do mine.
acesimmer is offline Find More Posts by acesimmer
Old Aug 14, 2012, 04:07 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
2,851 Posts
I was looking at replacing all the servos on control surfaces has I'm just not happy with the stock ones. Have replaced the stabs with Hitec HS-82 MG and they work well. One of my students is using the HobbyPartz digital Solars on his new plane and with 40 plus flights the control surfaces are super tight with zero play. I'm looking for one in the 6Volt range with BB and good gears. I cannot seem to find one the right size or close enough to fit. Any of you tried them and if so what part number used and where on the Flanker.[/QUOTE]

Ace,

I'm not sure what size (g) you are looking for but the Solar A107 are an 11g metal gear bb servo. Dont have a stock servo to compare size but the Solar A107 measures 22.6 x 11.4 x 22.2mm.
DamonH is offline Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:37 PM
Joined Aug 2012
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest Gump 23 View Post
Guys I just purchased this jet but have no instructions on programming thrust vectoring for my futaba 7c. does anyone on here have the same radio that can help me get this puppy going.
I have Futaba but i think you will be one channel short with the 7. I'm using a 10 and the 8 channel RX. I could be wrong maybe there is a way to mix it for a 7 channel. If you want me to go over what i did you could PM me and i will write you something up. but i have never owned a 7 TX
JTAnimal is offline Find More Posts by JTAnimal
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:45 PM
Joined Aug 2012
130 Posts
SU that was a great video I was clapping for you. thanks
JTAnimal is offline Find More Posts by JTAnimal
Old Aug 14, 2012, 08:54 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,219 Posts
Man Jandro! Send me your address and I'll send you a box of Depends

Did the same with the Euro, only intentionally at altitude, not with so much vector, countered with down pitch. It puts it into a nice alpha and caused the elevons to work like flaps.

Do you think if you countered with down tailerons feathering the throttle that you may have held the harrier.... May be even flapperons to float and counter.

I'll still call it the Jandro Cobra if I ever get it to work
That was approach; Cobra flip, harrier to a slow landing. Probably never do that twice.

But I notice you did the flat spinning cobra though. That quick evade.... Very nice!
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:35 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Hey I thought you said next vid is gonna have rap/hip hop? Miracle II vid was next vid... jk!
Yeah true but I had it already edited and uploading so it will have to be the "other" next one
I already have one song in mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
Did the same with the Euro, only intentionally at altitude, not with so much vector, countered with down pitch. It puts it into a nice alpha and caused the elevons to work like flaps.

Do you think if you countered with down tailerons feathering the throttle that you may have held the harrier.... May be even flapperons to float and counter.
I actually did but I had not enough power to maintain the hover, not enough speed for a decent gliding recover and not enough altitude to get the speed. And what was worse, I didn't even have the time to think!

But sure, I guess you could get it to work after seeing that video with a more powerful setup!

I wouldn't really use flaperons on such hardcore High alpha because it might stall the wing earlier and induce wing rocking.

Would rather set some AVCS gyros and try again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
I'll still call it the Jandro Cobra if I ever get it to work
That was approach; Cobra flip, harrier to a slow landing. Probably never do that twice.
I hope I don't have to do it again... at least not at that altitude for now
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:43 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,515 Posts
At what point of your flight time was that save @? If it was late to you think if it was earlier in your flight your battery would've had the umph to pull out?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:50 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,566 Posts
3 exact minutes so chance is the battery still had about 2000mAh left.

Don't think it would have been much of a difference since I don't even have 1:1 T/W
Old Aug 15, 2012, 06:12 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
10,286 Posts
LOL, that was an awesome 'crash'!!
It did look like you were doing it all on purpose more or less, hehe.
Lucky the timing of all the 'TV induced porpoising', versus your controls battle, worked out just right. It could easily have been far worse! Phew.

Mine pretty well did what your very last bit did (same in air process)... pancaked, but with a bit of right side roll-off. But it didn't like the ground stop at all..... I guess it hit rear end a bit harder and sooner than dead flat.
Oh, now I remember... I had the landing gear out, so that was the real fuselage killer!! (the crash was only because of the final landing approach 'no power' stuff up)
PeterVRC is online now Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2012, 06:21 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SU-4ever View Post
Yeah true but I had it already edited and uploading so it will have to be the "other" next one
I already have one song in mind...

Lol! That's my bro! Can't wait!
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:27 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,566 Posts
I guess since I had the landing gear in, it slamed with TV nozzles first and then spread the stress along the whole ducting surface when it slamed down, so that was a lot of foam to absorb the energy.

Oh yes, I forgot to say that one of the gear doors came loose but nothing broke and I could set it back in place without further trouble.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:17 AM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTAnimal View Post
I have Futaba but i think you will be one channel short with the 7. I'm using a 10 and the 8 channel RX. I could be wrong maybe there is a way to mix it for a 7 channel. If you want me to go over what i did you could PM me and i will write you something up. but i have never owned a 7 TX
pm sent
Forrest Gump 23 is offline Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23