HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 28, 2012, 06:48 PM
New Zealand, Bay Of Plenty, Papamoa
Joined Jun 2012
33 Posts
Cheers su4 ever, looks like it may be the eurofighter setup for now and try to find some decent upgrades later, the eurofighter complete setup is only $64 +delivery. please post if you find any better replacements in the next 5 days as i will order next week. for now may just pull the originals out and lock them out and maiden with fixed gears as suggested by acesimmer, all the best.
richardaa is offline Find More Posts by richardaa
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:11 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,228 Posts
most things between the Freewing and the PZ15090 retracts (regular sized) are interchangeable with the exception of the motor gearing in the retract.
The sanding is from the mount screws on the side of the housing for the PZ15090. Because the FW housing is a one piece where as the PZ can be mounted as a rail or top mount, they needed somewhere to mount the screws.
I posted pictures way back.

The more durable retracts???? there are some but that's a head ache un to itself. They are usually heavier, larger so they don't just fit into the plastic mount boxes that the FW retracts are built around. The Eflite is slightly different in shape and size but work out to perform just the same for the same size in the PZs. The PZs are just a tenth of the price. So since they will fail anyways may as well go with the cheaper ones and replace as needed.

keep in mind too as I mentioned at the beginning of the thread the PZ15090 is only rated to 2.5kg which was sometimes so so with the Euro that's 2.5kg. The SU-35 is 3-3.5kg which the PZ15091's are rated to. I've used the 15090s above their rating but the trunnions ware, the housing gets loose etc, so replacing it with Hobby King and PW-RC for parts is an easy way to keep them going. On the Euro I finally went up to the PZ15091 and had a lower ware rate.

So if Freewing is listening.... next version step up the retract size.... and while at it trying the rotationals with a trailing link offset on the mains. Never hurts to ask
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:48 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,515 Posts
Here ya go Max & Su! Niether the Su or Euro can maneuver as quickly is what I ment to say, maybe the euro.

Hobby_Lobby_eRCF-18.MOV (4 min 31 sec)
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Last edited by v8truckin; Jul 28, 2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:19 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,228 Posts
OK! You had to pull out Jason Cole to get it to fly it like that
Still sucks .
That sounded like he was still flying it stock. Which was as he mentioned it being lighter had the better spin rate. Call up Jason and get him to show his Euro and lone him a SU-35 if he doesn't have one and see what he does with those.
His Euro routine was close to the same but I have to give you that one.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 28, 2012, 10:32 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,515 Posts
lmao! I couldn't show up with a sling shot ! I knew that one would get ya. I'm sure he could do the same with all 3.
Last edited by v8truckin; Jul 28, 2012 at 11:26 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:34 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,567 Posts
Jason is a very skilled flier but I don't like his performance at all, it's too much unrealistic even for my 3D usual stuff.

It makes the jet look like a simple kiddy toy.

And I'm pretty sure the Su can outperform that with the right setup, that means more power and better servos, more travel on everything...

Aerodynamically, a Su can do pretty much more than that!

Just need some money...

A few hundred bucks...
SU-4ever is offline Find More Posts by SU-4ever
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:48 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,515 Posts
Sure it can, but for stock comparison... Nope it cant. Don't get me wrong I love my Su, euro, & fa18e I was just comparing the maneuverability between the 3 when u and max said it sucked.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 07:20 AM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,567 Posts
Alright, You have your point for stock setup comparison
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:26 AM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,515 Posts
Lol! Okay okay! Thing I.like about it is that the f18 can get crazy and do all that unscale stuff and the euro and Su have more scale maneuvers.

Okay back to the SU.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:56 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Lol! Okay okay! Thing I.like about it is that the f18 can get crazy and do all that unscale stuff and the euro and Su have more scale maneuvers.

Okay back to the SU.
You need to qualify that with, Stock......
You can 3D a trainer with enough power and throws.

Though the nozzles are the same in all the FW TV models, they each have potential by the amount of thrust you can stuff in them vs wing load. Then you have the dynamics, surface areas in there also. Because in the real world both the Euro and the SU can out fly F/A-18-E/Fs or even F-15E/S etc the potential is there from a dynamic stand point.
Thus why I said I'd have to give you "that one".... but there are mods yet to be done that could say otherwise Mind you you won't see such from me because I'm with Jandro on this... I'm out for scale 3D and neither speed flying like some try to turn these into or extreme RC toy level 3D.

But to richardaa's question I guess we should have added the 18 in the mix though he himself came with a choice between the two.

And let the new arguement begin
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 30, 2012, 01:24 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,567 Posts
Uh ha!

What cows are better?

Green or blue?
Just kidding, I beg your pardon

Cheers!
Old Jul 30, 2012, 01:48 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,515 Posts
Blue!
Old Jul 30, 2012, 02:21 PM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,567 Posts
No because Greens are lighter and have a lesser Cow-loading!
Old Jul 30, 2012, 03:52 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,228 Posts
Green because its the same colour as the food they eat... but I thought cows only come in purple and gold

Just saying it may not be so absolute if he's going beyond stock.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:55 AM
Flying Hazard
Spain
Joined May 2006
2,567 Posts
SU-35 30th to 32nd (13 min 9 sec)

As promised

And the "Epic Flight" video, now in HD:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsi...erobatics_auto

Cheers!
Last edited by SU-4ever; Jul 31, 2012 at 09:19 AM.