HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 11, 2012, 05:12 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
v8truckin's Avatar
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10mtnRC View Post
Interesting! Where do I get it, how much does it cost, how do you apply it, etc.
minwax or valspar water based poly

WalMart, home depot, Lowe's, etc...

Apply it with a small paint brush or foam brush top or bottom of plane 1st let dry overnight, flip do opposite side. Try to keep it light as it will add weight to the plane a lil 1/4 size drop covers about 10x the size. Or some ppl use the aerosal/spray version, but I've never used that kind.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2012, 05:29 PM
Registered User
mikecopey's Avatar
United States, FL, Oviedo
Joined Dec 2008
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Throttle
Aileron (y'd both servos)
Elevator (y'd both servos)
Rudder (y'd to steering & tv yaw)
Gear
Aux1 (y'd tv. tv pitch only mix with elevator) (No TV roll mixed with aileron)
6 - Ch
I use this setup on a dx6i I can disable tv on or off, but leave it on permantly. Also use dual rates.
Thanks V8 and Damon ,,....

I was a lil worried my DX6i wouldn"t cut it....

Is normal setup with elevons ?
mikecopey is offline Find More Posts by mikecopey
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2012, 05:56 PM
Registered User
DamonH's Avatar
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
2,956 Posts
Not with the way it is wired stock.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecopey View Post
Thanks V8 and Damon ,,....

I was a lil worried my DX6i wouldn"t cut it....

Is normal setup with elevons ?
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2012, 05:59 PM
Registered User
mikecopey's Avatar
United States, FL, Oviedo
Joined Dec 2008
86 Posts
Manual ?

Anyone find a downloadable Manual ?
mikecopey is offline Find More Posts by mikecopey
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2012, 07:24 PM
Registered User
Antaeus's Avatar
NEWPORT BEACH, CA, USA
Joined Oct 2001
219 Posts
CG 170mm w/ drone chute mod added

Wicked winds here in So Cal. Landing was embarassing. 170mm is still safe to fly. My battery pack was placed all the way back in the batt tray.

I needed to add more Expo to elevator at this CG. It was sensitive. Tried tossing plane into a momentum slide, but with very little luck. Closest one was at 2:50.

Su35 CG170mm windy day.MOV (4 min 18 sec)
Antaeus is offline Find More Posts by Antaeus
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2012, 07:30 PM
Registered User
neversommer's Avatar
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Hi guys

The guy who bought my su-35 seems very happy with it and thinks this is the best foamie to be around.

He got like around 3kg worth of thrust on a 5s setup=lighter batteries=less cg issues.

However we got hit in Zug(my workplace) with a 4.2 m Richter Scale Mag. Earthquake that shocked switzerland

I felt it...my mates from the field felt it, my mom, sister and everyone did...

zug is only 20minutes drive away from me...and me being on the 6th floor felt it by moving chairs..monitors and stuff....

Stay Save everyone!

http://www.emsc-csem.org/#2

The big Dot, is us

NS.
neversommer is offline Find More Posts by neversommer
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2012, 07:52 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2011
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
minwax or valspar water based poly

WalMart, home depot, Lowe's, etc...

Apply it with a small paint brush or foam brush top or bottom of plane 1st let dry overnight, flip do opposite side. Try to keep it light as it will add weight to the plane a lil 1/4 size drop covers about 10x the size. Or some ppl use the aerosal/spray version, but I've never used that kind.
Can I hang the plane to do the bottom or will it drip? And how expensive is it?
10mtnRC is offline Find More Posts by 10mtnRC
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2012, 07:56 PM
Registered User
HardAbz's Avatar
Texas
Joined Jul 2001
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antaeus View Post
Wicked winds here in So Cal. Landing was embarassing. 170mm is still safe to fly. My battery pack was placed all the way back in the batt tray.

I needed to add more Expo to elevator at this CG. It was sensitive. Tried tossing plane into a momentum slide, but with very little luck. Closest one was at 2:50.

http://youtu.be/gykK5MbNGP8
Nice flying in that wind, Antaeus! I like that air brake and drag chute mod! Do you have details on those mods?
HardAbz is offline Find More Posts by HardAbz
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2012, 08:24 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
v8truckin's Avatar
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10mtnRC View Post
Can I hang the plane to do the bottom or will it drip? And how expensive is it?
depending on size $5 - $15. Yes drips/runs so...you can try.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2012, 09:22 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2011
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
depending on size $5 - $15. Yes drips/runs so...you can try.
So I went and picked up some minwax wbp. I see what you're talking about v8. Think I'll just take off the vertical stabs so I can flip the plane over. I'm testing it on a spare part from another plane before I apply it on the flanker though. So you say it's fairly protective for my intended purpose?
10mtnRC is offline Find More Posts by 10mtnRC
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2012, 09:35 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
v8truckin's Avatar
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,539 Posts
Yes, it'll be fine. I'd say add full coat on ducts. And then thinned or full coat on the rest.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2012, 09:38 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
v8truckin's Avatar
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,539 Posts
I would say take the wings off also if you plane on transporting by detaching wings. If you add the coating while the wings are attached the WBP will get into the joint and you will have to give it a got tug or 2 once it dries and keeps it from pulling paint off when you detach the wings.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2012, 09:50 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2011
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
I would say take the wings off also if you plane on transporting by detaching wings. If you add the coating while the wings are attached the WBP will get into the joint and you will have to give it a got tug or 2 once it dries and keeps it from pulling paint off when you detach the wings.
I think I'll just do the intakes/ducts for now. Not planning on taking the wings off to transport but if I do decide to do the whole airframe I'll remove the wings before I do. I take it you just apply one good coat to the ducts or do you do 2 coats? I appreciate the idea, its way cleaner than my packing tape solution.
10mtnRC is offline Find More Posts by 10mtnRC
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:08 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
v8truckin's Avatar
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,539 Posts
Well if your only gonna do the ducts, might as well add a 2nd coat. Or just don't go over the seams/joints of the wings and rudders then you don't have to worry about it.
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:44 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2011
92 Posts
Well I put a pretty good coat on the ducts, then decided to just go ahead and do the whole underside of the fuselage. Weird how that happens.
10mtnRC is offline Find More Posts by 10mtnRC
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion LX F-35 Vs Freewing F-35 Mmarshall Foamy EDFs 17 Jul 09, 2014 06:49 AM
Found SU-34 Freewing lw777pilot Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 1 Dec 15, 2013 01:25 PM
New Product Brand New SU-35! 70x2,TV and made by Freewing!Update:Worldwide Availability neversommer Foamy EDFs 593 Jan 09, 2012 09:02 PM
For Sale Freewing SU-34 stock battery - Brand New JGuilty13 Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 0 Nov 29, 2011 02:01 PM
For Sale Freewing SU-34 stock battery JGuilty13 Aircraft - Electric - Jets (FS/W) 0 Nov 29, 2011 10:29 AM