HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2011, 12:45 PM
danielsville,pa
Joined Jul 2007
108 Posts
Build Log
Old pico waco rebuild

I will start to post pics of a waco I recieved to replace my giant p-51 that met earth.I'am the third in line to get this plane with damage. But i can't complain the price is right. I will see what I can do.If anyone has a manual for this plane it would be a great help. It will be a slow project so bear with me.
jethead is offline Find More Posts by jethead
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2011, 07:11 PM
SLC, Ut
Joined Apr 2010
118 Posts
Those Wacos are great looking planes. You'll find more info than you ever wanted at the very large thread on the Pica Waco YMF kit on RCUniverse.com . Look in the Golden Age and Vintage section. The plane kit was offered in 1/6th scale (60" ws) and 1/5th scale (72" ws). Manuals are available online. Look at page one of that Waco thread to find links to various info for the plane, including the manuals. Good luck on the rebuild.
yel914 is offline Find More Posts by yel914
Old Dec 26, 2011, 08:34 PM
danielsville,pa
Joined Jul 2007
108 Posts
thanks very much. I started to strip away the covering and found some more old repairs. The wood work looks cool,I may recover it in some transparent covering.
Old Jan 07, 2012, 06:54 PM
danielsville,pa
Joined Jul 2007
108 Posts
Well it has been awhile,now i'am working 6 days a week.I did strip the fuse of all covering and some more hidden damage.to tired to work on it yet.So i was able to get a dragonlady with a g23 to help me through the winter. I will get back to the waco soon to get aplan of attack.
Old Jan 07, 2012, 11:03 PM
Steinbach, MB, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
396 Posts
I have a full unbilt kit of a Pica Waco YMF

Hi Jet, if you still wish a copy of the manual, please let me know. I have a full kit of the 60" kit of this airplane, planning on getting it built this winter, but I have a few more projects to build before I get to this, so if you wish a copy of the manual please let me know. Copying of plans in this area is non existent, so not able to help with that.

My plan this winter is to get at least 3 more kit airplanes built before April.

Sackie
Sackie is offline Find More Posts by Sackie