HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by RTF Thumper, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 08:56 AM
Big Jim
United States, ID, Mountain Home
Joined Jun 2011
2,958 Posts
Discussion
Radian Pro Maiden

My new favorite and her Maiden
Maiden of the Radian Pro (6 min 14 sec)
RTF Thumper is offline Find More Posts by RTF Thumper
Last edited by RTF Thumper; Dec 26, 2011 at 11:24 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2011, 10:55 AM
michigan
Joined Apr 2009
149 Posts
Hi i was asking a question about why this plane is your new
favorite ?? , can you tell me about "gliders" what makes them so different from the othr planes ? just wondering ..........
jlions72 is offline Find More Posts by jlions72
Old Dec 27, 2011, 04:02 PM
Big Jim
Joined Jun 2011
2,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlions72 View Post
Hi i was asking a question about why this plane is your new
favorite ?? , can you tell me about "gliders" what makes them so different from the othr planes ? just wondering ..........
She captures the very essence of flying, with her six foot wing span I can fly for over 1 hour if I chose. she is fast and silent. This plane has a great vertical climb If you want and is very nimble. the power off giant loops are amazing or sit down in a folding chair and enjoy her soaring. Today I put her up in a 10 to 15 MPH wind and flew for twenty minutes with less than 30 seconds of motor turning. I have planes that do 70+ Mph and super nimble ultra micros. I have one plane that can fly off any surface shy of lava and can hover loop and roll. But this glider is Amazing. I hope this helps
Old Dec 29, 2011, 01:50 PM
michigan
Joined Apr 2009
149 Posts
you see i just got an " Art Tech diamond 2500 i have not flown it yet It just looked like it was different it has a 8 foot wing span so this will be somthing new for me to handel I don't like speed or it doesn't like me i don't know so i thought i would give this a shot ,hope i don't crash it ...lol... I have " Zero experience with a glider plane other wise
I have flown for 3 years now with my apprentice plane by e-flite ,I would get it up as far as I dared too with out loosing it and gliding it back so i am hoping this will be better to fly .....
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:39 PM
Big Jim
Joined Jun 2011
2,958 Posts
Go easey this level of Glider is for Advanced or prfeciant pilots. I use 20% down Eievator when I throw the flaps to slow down. These planes turn gental or you can get into a mess quick. Not hard to fly just very diffrent like the quick response of a sport plane forget that. And get your rudder stick ready I use a bunch of rudder while glider flying. Good luck
Old Dec 30, 2011, 01:14 PM
michigan
Joined Apr 2009
149 Posts
Thanks it sounds like i will need it .I just watched the video on you tube from Nitro Planes and they said you could fly this if you were new ..but i have been flying for 3 years now with a few crashes hope i am getting better or i just threw away 209 bucks, plus shipping
Old Dec 30, 2011, 04:56 PM
Big Jim
Joined Jun 2011
2,958 Posts
You should do great with three years under your belt. I found that these big girls just respond slower and dont care for steep bank angels. And give yourself a country mile to land. My first landing took 100 yards......she just would not land lol. Love these Sailplanes let me know how it goes