HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2011, 12:41 AM
Joined Dec 2011
7 Posts
Question
Clearview Simulator

Hi I'm fairly new to Clearview. Just bought it & I'm wondering how to download new aircraft.
I have downloaded 2 different aircraft from a guy but when I pick the aircraft to fly, it shows no view of the aircraft. There's no picture but the sound is fine.
I can even see the smoke coming out of where the aircraft should be on the screen. I can even fly them..... But have no visual??
Any1 know what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks
Midgeymeowhead is offline Find More Posts by Midgeymeowhead
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2011, 12:48 AM
Joined Sep 2002
2,136 Posts
You need to extract the third party model under c:\ClearViewRC\clearview\models folder.
After the extraction, check if the newly created model molder has the same structure as the other stock model folders. Sometimes, due to improper extraction, it is nested one level down, so it is not working.

Stefan
skirtz is offline Find More Posts by skirtz
Old Dec 26, 2011, 08:09 AM
Joined Dec 2011
7 Posts
Don't really understand what you mean when you say
"After the extraction, check if the newly created model molder has the same structure as the other stock model folders. Sometimes, due to improper extraction, it is nested one level down, so it is not working."
Can you tell me what u mean and how to go about doing that?
Old Dec 26, 2011, 09:17 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
If you know where the existing stock model folders are kept, navigate to that folder. I'm guessing you would see a list of files that are stock models. You know those are set up right. Your add on file should look the same. If that folder has stock files in it, but that folder has a folder and not a file for your add on file, it won't work. Go into the folder for your add on, and see if it's set up the way the stock aircraft are set up in the other folder. Maybe Stefan can post an example screenshot for you to look at.
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Dec 26, 2011, 09:50 AM
Fernandina Beach, FL
Joined Sep 2002
360 Posts
models

here is a video

Google is your best friend

Adding models to Clearview Simulator (1 min 26 sec)

Ken
Helos36 is offline Find More Posts by Helos36
Old Dec 27, 2011, 12:08 AM
Joined Dec 2011
7 Posts
Clearview Simulator

Yup. Thank you but it didn't work for me. I followed the instructions right to the end and ended up still with no view of downloaded heli?? I don't understand why everything is there except the body and rotor images?
It does say though ..right after I've downloaded & opened the file for that heli, something about needing acrd.org or something in order to progress to the next level allowing me to add moving parts and features...
Does any1 get what I'm talkin about?

I don't have acrd. I see that it is like another $90 for that program.
I'm not interested in buying that just so I can fly downloaded aircraft content.

Is that what I have to do in order to be able to view these aircraft?
Your help is appreciated ThanX
Old Dec 27, 2011, 07:49 AM
Fernandina Beach, FL
Joined Sep 2002
360 Posts
Curious

You say you had downloaded 2 aircraft from a guy....can you explain a bit better...we don't know who this GUY is and even if the models are for Clearview ....If the models are for Clearview..then something is not properly extracted..
If they are Clearview models..there is no need to purchase anything further unless you want to edit the appearance of the model. We can show you in a video, we can explain how to extract to models, but we can't do it for you. Maybe you have someone that can check to see if the extraction is being done properly? Also be advised that Clearview support cannot be held responsible for 3rd party models. Support and other users will be happy to help you on the forums...but there is a limit to what we can do without being in front of your computer.

Ken
Last edited by Helos36; Dec 27, 2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 09:38 AM
Joined Dec 2011
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helos36 View Post
You say you had downloaded 2 aircraft from a guy....can you explain a bit better...we don't know who this GUY is and even if the models are for Clearview ....If the models are for Clearview..then something is not properly extracted..
If they are Clearview models..there is no need to purchase anything further unless you want to edit the appearance of the model. We can show you in a video, we can explain how to extract to models, but we can't do it for you. Maybe you have someone that can check to see if the extraction is being done properly? Also be advised that Clearview support cannot be held responsible for 3rd party models. Support and other users will be happy to help you on the forums...but there is a limit to what we can do without being in front of your computer.

Ken
Hi Ken. Thanks for helping me. It's all me. I'm just not very good at computer stuff like this. They are Clearview models. I think they might even be yours cause I downloaded the models from a guy named Ken off the Clearview website. There was a choice between downloading from Ken or you could download from a guy named Gunner I think was the name.
So with that said, I downloaded 2 heli's from Ken but they did not work right. I followed your Youtube video and everything seemed the same as what you had on the video. I dunno what I'm doin wrong.
Midgey
Old Dec 27, 2011, 11:53 AM
Fernandina Beach, FL
Joined Sep 2002
360 Posts
Correct

Yes you are correct, Navigate to the ClearViewRC folder on your C Drive...Open up the clearview folder...Then open up the models folder...you will see that each plane/heli has it's own folder....pick one that is a stock model and open the folder. Now you should see 2 folders, 1 named data and the other named wavdata, also there should be an image.jpg, params.txt, params.txt.bkp and maybe a readme.txt.

This is the normal file stucture of the model. If you open up the data file you will see some files. These are the model and texture files as well as the collision body and the fmodel.ac. Under the wavdata folders are the wav files (sound). Take a good look at where everything is located.

Now open up one that you have downloaded and compare where the files are located. It is very possible that when extracted...the extraction process is too deep...in other words you may have lets say a heli called daulphin..then under that if there is another folder called Daulphin, if so... then you have to move the files under the 2nd Daulphin folder up into the first Daulphin folder, then everything should be ok.

I hope this is making sense to you...if not get someone who knows how to do this to show you...once you see it done..you will see how easy it can be.

Ken
Last edited by Helos36; Dec 27, 2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 12:28 PM
Joined Dec 2011
7 Posts
Clearview (KEN)

Thanks man I will try that and get back to u
Peace
Old Dec 27, 2011, 09:57 PM
Joined Dec 2011
7 Posts
I was sending them to the wrong area in C. Plus I think when I was checking the aircraft I had downloaded....I had Clearview Program open and running, which I believe is why I was not able to see mages of downloaded aircraft.
After shutting the program down before downloading, then checking to see if images were showing up....they were. So all is well now and I have downloaded about ten and they all work.
Thanks alot for guiding me through.
Is there any other links posted for more variety of downloadable aircraft?
Thanks again for helping.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 01:59 AM
Fernandina Beach, FL
Joined Sep 2002
360 Posts
aircraft

There may be more around..but these are the 3 major places I know of
1. Clearview site (scroll down)
http://www.rcflightsim.com/models.html

2. My site
http://pwp.att.net/p/s/community.dll...pid=375877&ck=