Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 25, 2011, 08:37 PM
Joined Dec 2011
15 Posts
Question
Turnigy 9x and F4F Wildcat

I wanted to buy the Parkzone F4F Wildcat. What I wanted to know is if I buy the Turnigy 9x, would it be compatible with this plane? If i get the PNP version or BNF could the receiver it comes with work or would i have to instal the one that comes with the Turnigy 9x? Is that receiver even compatible with this plane. Guess I'm a real noob.

I can get the TX and Rx for 40 bucks!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rmware%5F.html

Is this Transmitter and receiver worth it? Or should i just get a Dx5e?
Draddl is offline Find More Posts by Draddl
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2011, 09:11 PM
USA, CA, Ahwahnee
Joined Sep 2004
428 Posts
Dont know much about the plane but the Turnigy 9x is NOT compatible with BNF planes. YOud have to get a PNP and use the reciever that comes with the 9x..

Make sense?
powerstroke01 is offline Find More Posts by powerstroke01
Old Dec 25, 2011, 09:38 PM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draddl View Post
I wanted to buy the Parkzone F4F Wildcat. What I wanted to know is if I buy the Turnigy 9x, would it be compatible with this plane? If i get the PNP version or BNF could the receiver it comes with work or would i have to instal the one that comes with the Turnigy 9x? Is that receiver even compatible with this plane. Guess I'm a real noob.

I can get the TX and Rx for 40 bucks!

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rmware%5F.html

Is this Transmitter and receiver worth it? Or should i just get a Dx5e?
Whether the 9x is the right choice for you is something to think about, but for sure if you are at all serious about RC, skip the DX5e. It works OK but is essentially a one-model radio as it lacks model memories. Also, it has only servo reversing and fixed dual rate, no endpoint adjustment or expo. The first serious computer radio in the Spektrum range is the DX6i.

Second point. The Turnigy 9x (and FlySky TH9x) uses a FlySky RF module and it's own proprietary receiver. As noted in the previous post, you will have to supply your own receiver ($9 from HK).

Third, it's not a $40 radio but more like $70 with shipping. Still a bargain for a real computer radio. And it generally works well, though quality control can be a bit variable. The FlySky radio is adequate for "parkflyer" use.

I hope this helps you choose.

PS The Wildcat is a good second model. You need a basic trainer to learn to fly on unless you have a good instructor.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Dec 25, 2011, 09:56 PM
Joined Dec 2011
15 Posts
Thanks. This would be my second model since I fly a UM corsair. I bought the RTF version so it came with a samll TX that im pretty sure wont work for the F4F.
Draddl is offline Find More Posts by Draddl
Old Dec 25, 2011, 10:43 PM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draddl View Post
Thanks. This would be my second model since I fly a UM corsair. I bought the RTF version so it came with a samll TX that im pretty sure wont work for the F4F.
No, the little "videogame" type transmitter that comes with the UM models is a short range unit and not suitable for the larger models.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66