HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:39 PM
Joined Dec 2009
141 Posts
Erick, a fiberglass fuselage would be nice too.
flyinucrazy is offline Find More Posts by flyinucrazy
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:05 PM
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined May 2009
127 Posts
Erick,

I, too, am interested in whatever "short" kit you might have available. Can you PM me details? 1/4-scale would be great.

Sam Swift
flyboycpa is offline Find More Posts by flyboycpa
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:59 PM
Kissimmee, FL
Joined Mar 2001
123 Posts
I have ordered a set of plans and a cowl from Erik and I am looking forward to receiving them! I will also be ordering a short kit after the TG weekend. I have one of the Swifts Sam posted, a stock polished one that I just recently "re-acquired", And I got to meet Sam when I came in to pick it up. His Super Swift is very nice! I will be building the model after my full scale, but it will be electric. I plan to keep it fairly simple, rather than adding lots of details. This will help me get it done in less time, and it will be more of a daily flyer, but with a very scale outline. Most of the plans I have seen are not quite right in one area or another when trying to model the Swift. I'm sure it does not help that there are so many modifications done to this wonderful machine, as well as most three views out there are of the early GC-1A. (Different cowling, vert stab, rudder, and wing tips)

If anyone needs detail pictures, measurements, or any other information for a stock Swift let me know, I would be happy help.

If the model flys half as nice as the full size, we won't be flying anything else!
Sean Sweeney is offline Find More Posts by Sean Sweeney
Old Nov 22, 2012, 08:43 PM
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined May 2009
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Sweeney View Post
I have ordered a set of plans and a cowl from Erik and I am looking forward to receiving them! I will also be ordering a short kit after the TG weekend. I have one of the Swifts Sam posted, a stock polished one that I just recently "re-acquired", And I got to meet Sam when I came in to pick it up. His Super Swift is very nice! I will be building the model after my full scale, but it will be electric. I plan to keep it fairly simple, rather than adding lots of details. This will help me get it done in less time, and it will be more of a daily flyer, but with a very scale outline. Most of the plans I have seen are not quite right in one area or another when trying to model the Swift. I'm sure it does not help that there are so many modifications done to this wonderful machine, as well as most three views out there are of the early GC-1A. (Different cowling, vert stab, rudder, and wing tips)

If anyone needs detail pictures, measurements, or any other information for a stock Swift let me know, I would be happy help.

If the model flys half as nice as the full size, we won't be flying anything else!
Hey Sean!!

Great to see you're also an r/c guy, as well! Did you end up having to replace the battery in yours, or did it charge sufficiently on the way home?

Thanks for the compliments on my Swift. As you know, yours was the first Swift I ever flew and it will always have a special place in my heart. I still tell people the story of how you got your old bird back. Cool story.

all the best,

Sam
flyboycpa is offline Find More Posts by flyboycpa
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:04 PM
Fill, Sand, Repeat...
United States, CO, Todd Creek
Joined Nov 2012
14 Posts
Hi Sam,
Sent you a PM...look forward to hearing from you.
-Erik
E_Richard is offline Find More Posts by E_Richard
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined Jul 2010
24 Posts
Cheri had Corvin's Swift displayed at Top Gun a couple or so years ago. She may still have the plans for it.

Waco Brother
Waco Brother is offline Find More Posts by Waco Brother
Old Nov 29, 2012, 03:08 PM
Land O' Lakes, FL
Joined Aug 2003
898 Posts
I have a Corvin Miller 1/4 scale Swift, FG fuse and Cowl, foam wing and tail cores. Custom Robart retracts, plans, wing sheeting, etc. READY TO BUILD. I would take $600 shipped in the USA! The retracts alone were about $400 as they were custom made.
sailr is offline Find More Posts by sailr
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:24 PM
Joined Jun 2005
1 Posts
I have a set of Corvin Millers globe Swift plans that I intend to build and was wondering about the short kit and cowl that's available.
panheadmark is offline Find More Posts by panheadmark
Last edited by panheadmark; Jan 04, 2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:15 AM
Land O' Lakes, FL
Joined Aug 2003
898 Posts
I have a complete Giant Scale Globe Swift. It includes FG fuse, cowl, foam cores with sheeting included, multiple plan sheets, CUSTOM retracts for it, scale documentation, photos, t-shirts, etc etc etc. The stab, fin, rudder, and elevators are completed. The firewall and engine box already installed.

This package is probably worth at least $1000 but I will sell it for $ 600 for local pickup only in Land O Lakes, FL Just north of Tampa.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:47 PM
Joined Dec 2009
141 Posts
Sailr, who did the retracts for the swift?
flyinucrazy is offline Find More Posts by flyinucrazy
Old Jan 05, 2013, 08:50 AM
Land O' Lakes, FL
Joined Aug 2003
898 Posts
Robart
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:34 AM
There is Victory in the Lord!
United States, GA, Locust Grove
Joined Feb 2011
842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailr View Post
I have a complete Giant Scale Globe Swift. It includes FG fuse, cowl, foam cores with sheeting included, multiple plan sheets, CUSTOM retracts for it, scale documentation, photos, t-shirts, etc etc etc. The stab, fin, rudder, and elevators are completed. The firewall and engine box already installed.

This package is probably worth at least $1000 but I will sell it for $ 600 for local pickup only in Land O Lakes, FL Just north of Tampa.
Im interested.
knifeedge63 is online now Find More Posts by knifeedge63
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:37 PM
Land O' Lakes, FL
Joined Aug 2003
898 Posts
I think what I have is much larger than the Corvin Miller!

I just looked at the plans. There are several sheets of the same plan. The danged bugs (silverfish) in our attic made swiss cheese out of one end of each of them but they are still perfectly usable. There are also several sheets of bulkhead templates.
The Plans are Dated 1992 by Jack Dunkle, JMD Models.
Wingspan 92"
Wing Area 100 sq in.
Weight 18lbs.
Length 60"
Retracts are custom made by Robart.

I'll get some photos in the next few days.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:07 PM
USA, IN, Seymour
Joined Oct 2009
237 Posts
[QUOTE=sailr;23833996]I think what I have is much larger than the Corvin Miller!

I just looked at the plans. There are several sheets of the same plan. The danged bugs (silverfish) in our attic made swiss cheese out of one end of each of them but they are still perfectly usable. There are also several sheets of bulkhead templates.
The Plans are Dated 1992 by Jack Dunkle, JMD Models.
Wingspan 92"
Wing Area 100 sq in.
Weight 18lbs.
Length 60"
Retracts are custom made by Robart.

I'll get some photos in the next few days.[/QUOTE

I have looked forever for this aircraft. I have literature I picked up at Toledo when the kits were being produced. Which I could see this one.
corsair167 is offline Find More Posts by corsair167
Last edited by corsair167; Jan 20, 2013 at 04:08 PM. Reason: additional information
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:10 PM
USA, IN, Seymour
Joined Oct 2009
237 Posts
The kit was set up for retracts and flaps. Plug in wing for easy assembly and transportation. Kit info says 17 lbs. 60" length.

I also have an orignal sales sheet with pics and information I picked up at Toledo some years ago. I have no engine big enough to fly it or a way to transport it either......just a dream for me to own.
We repaired one at Purdue wihen I was a student in the Aviation Maintenance Program there.
corsair167 is offline Find More Posts by corsair167
Last edited by corsair167; Feb 07, 2013 at 06:54 AM. Reason: added info