HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 25, 2011, 05:56 PM
United States, NV, Carson City
Joined Jan 2007
631 Posts
Help!
Globe Swift

Hi guys, I'm looking for some Corvin Miller plans to the Globe Swift. Its a 1/4 model and here is the web site that I found it but no plans.

http://rowleycorvette.com/swift/research3.html

Any help would be great, I'm just looking for a set of complete plans to build off of.

Thanks,
Ian
ian murdock is offline Find More Posts by ian murdock
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2011, 09:23 PM
United States, KY, Taylorsville
Joined Mar 2010
1,695 Posts
Cleveland Model and Supply has plans but require some work. I have started a 1/6 version. The fuselage formers need to be redrawn somewhat. I have the strip planking done on fuse on the curved bottom but none of the easy straight runs (I like to do the hard stuff first). I also have made new rib templates so as to fit retracts. The ribs on the plan interfere with this so I made new ones that are not in the way of the wheel.
ARUP is online now Find More Posts by ARUP
Old Dec 26, 2011, 08:07 AM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,732 Posts
I believe that some one took over the rights to Corvin Miller Plans, but the name escapes me, at the moment.

I'll let you know if I can find the new distrutor.
TomCrump is offline Find More Posts by TomCrump
Old Dec 26, 2011, 11:13 PM
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined May 2009
129 Posts
I have a set of 1/4-scale Swift plans, but they are not Corvin's plans. I will take a look to see who the designer is.

Sam
flyboycpa is offline Find More Posts by flyboycpa
Old Dec 26, 2011, 11:36 PM
San Angelo, Texas
Joined Dec 2003
11 Posts
Some of my photos are on Rowley Corvettes Site. I built my 1/4 scale swift using Cleveland plans but after I ran across a set of Corvin's plans on Ebay, I started using those plans. Bob Jaremsek (Rowley Corvette) was working on his swift pretty actively for a while but has not posted to his site in almost a year. He had intended on releasing a very complete kit with many fiberglass parts. He has already finished a very good (and probably better) set of plans. If you want, PM me and I can get you in touch with Bob. The Swift is a very rare RC subject and so far, no one seems to have cashed in on this plane. I was thrilled to see Maxford come out with one but was disappointed with the size, quality, and cost. It would be nice to see a thread on this plane really get interest and grow.

Charlie Campbell
KC5EZZ is online now Find More Posts by KC5EZZ
Old Dec 27, 2011, 09:55 PM
Joined Jan 2007
631 Posts
Thanks guys for all the help. I was on the road today and didn't have time to respond quicker.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:09 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3 Posts
I had been looking for a set of Swift plans as well. I wanted it to have a span of 55"-60". I ended up taking the Stahl plans and enlarfing them and then marking them up. Here it is so far.
Menz is offline Find More Posts by Menz
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:23 PM
Joined Jan 2007
631 Posts
That's what I was looking for. Nice build!
Old Mar 17, 2012, 02:33 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3 Posts
Thanks Ian. It came out at 58" wing span. I've put an electrify 55 in it with top flight mechanical retracts and robostruts. I've also added nav lights and strobe. The lower part of the cowl is removable to change the batteries. So far it is coming in at just under 4 lbs. It certainly is not exact scale but will look pretty close. I have a full size one and have been using it as a reference. I'm currently working on the cockpit, hatch and windows.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 04:48 PM
Joined Jan 2007
631 Posts
Very nice. My father an I fly a RV-4. Were you thinking about selling some plans?
Old Apr 05, 2012, 12:45 PM
USA, IN, Seymour
Joined Oct 2009
239 Posts
Swift Plans

Just saw this post. I have Corwin Millers plans.......lpwilson@frontier.com
corsair167 is online now Find More Posts by corsair167
Old May 04, 2012, 03:13 PM
Expert in sawdust production
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Aug 2007
1,269 Posts
1/4 Scale Globe Plans

I just picked up the most beautiful plans for a 1/4 Scale Globe Swift. It even has details for building custom retracts, canopy latches and wing slots to match the full size airplane. The designer owned a 1946 GC-1B and modeled it back 1992. His son has the plans available for purchase contact Erik Richard at: erikrichard@comcast.net

I forgot to mention wingspan is 86". I'm thinking it might make a good candidate for a IMAA fly in/competition.
flyerinokc is offline Find More Posts by flyerinokc
Last edited by flyerinokc; May 04, 2012 at 03:20 PM. Reason: additional info
Old May 07, 2012, 10:42 PM
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined May 2009
129 Posts
Menz,

Which [full scale] tail number do you own? I own N3760K (s/n 1453).

Sam Swift
flyboycpa is offline Find More Posts by flyboycpa
Old May 10, 2012, 10:54 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3 Posts
Sorry I have not checked this in a while.

Ian, no I was not planning on selling plans. I simply took the other plans, had them blown up and marked them up for the RC version. Some of the changes I did not even document on the drawings, such as the cowl which is built up and splits in two.

Sam, my full size swift is N3842K, s/n 3542. I keep it at Harvey Airfield here in Snohomish, WA.
Old May 11, 2012, 09:49 AM
Joined Jan 2007
631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menz View Post
Sorry I have not checked this in a while.

Ian, no I was not planning on selling plans. I simply took the other plans, had them blown up and marked them up for the RC version. Some of the changes I did not even document on the drawings, such as the cowl which is built up and splits in two.

Sam, my full size swift is N3842K, s/n 3542. I keep it at Harvey Airfield here in Snohomish, WA.
No problem, I was able to track down a set in 1/4 scale.