|Dec 25, 2011, 08:12 AM|
New Years Day F5J,X5J,and SOR 2011
First Merry Christmas to everyone. Second a Happy New Years.
No Rule changes for 2012. Fly them if you have them.
TO ENTER, please post to this thread your ship and power train information, before the days of the contest. During the day of the contest post your scores.
You may fly any or all of the classes below. In general, all classes use flight time - motor time and up to 30 points for landing.
The goal has been to minimize the rules to stress a Unlimited nature for these events, so everyone with an electric sailplane will have an airframe and motor that will meet the rule requirements.
TASK: Fly three 10minutes rounds unlimited and 5 minute rounds in SOR, using only thermal updrafts with an electric motor powered sailplane.
X5J eXtreme UNLIMITED rules:
1. Any airframe, motor, battery, ESC, and prop maybe used.
2. Flight time has motor run time subtracted from it.
3. 30point landing tape, in 1 meter increments worth 3pts/m
X5J eXtreme SOR rules:
1. Any airframe, battery, ESC, prop, motor with 28mm diameter and 17mm
magnet bell length or less.
2. Flight time has motor run time subtracted from it.
3. 30 point landing tape, in 1 meter increments worth 3 pts/m.
1. Any part of the airframe maybe used to determine max. landing points.
2. Round motor and flight times to closest second.
3. Motor must be running at launch.
4. Each second of flight time is one point, seconds greater than 10minutes are subtracted.
5. First and additional motor runs, one point per second, loss of landing points on second motor run.
FAI F5J generalized
TASK: Fly three 10minutes rounds, using only thermal updrafts with an electric motor powered sailplane.
1. Any airframe, battery, ESC, prop, motor maybe used. To FAI limits.
2. 10:00 minute window, with flight points starting on launch. Over flying window 0 landing points.
3. A device to record flight starting height, after a 30s or less motor run, at the beginning of the window. To establish starting height fly level for 10s after motor run.
4. .5pts subtracted for each meter of starting height, 3pts subtracted for each meter above 200M, from possible 10minute flight time ((600pts or number of flight seconds) - (starting height(.5 or/and 3))).
5. Same landing tape but 5pts per meter with 50pt possible. Landing points will just be added on since you are not flying in a group to normalize scores.
This event is to establish a general data base and look at different recorded flights to see if there are any concerns on determining starting height.
If you look at these rules you can fly any e sailplane with a logger.
Example: flight time 9:58 seconds, starting height from logger 156M,, 1.5m from end of tape.
598-(156*.5) + 45 = 565pts
This is the same event as X5J just using starting height as the negative value instead of motor run time.
Hope you can joins us for the fun.
The Best Soaring
|Dec 26, 2011, 06:55 AM|
If the weather cooperates, I am in too. Art Hobby High Aspect for the Unlimited event and Omega 1.8 for the F5J event using my logger.
Best Regards and Happy New Year!
|Dec 28, 2011, 08:43 AM|
Joined Dec 2003
SOR if it's fairly calm, X5J otherwise. The forecast is for wind and rain but who knows, they have been wrong many times in the past.
Happy New Year everyone.
|Dec 28, 2011, 02:18 PM|
Joined Aug 2006
Count me in - Unlimited and/or SOR and/or F5J depending on weather and a venue I will choose.
I will fly either AH Castor (2.5 m, 980 grams, Axi2814/10 + 9.5x5 + 2S1800), or LS Virus (2m, 580 grams, TG2826-1650 + 10x6 + 2S1500).
Happy New Year and strong thermals throughout 2012,
|Dec 28, 2011, 02:35 PM|
Not sure if I can get out to fly this year but if I can i'll either do SOR with e Allegro Lite or maybe F5J with e allegro or Paragon.
|Dec 29, 2011, 12:48 AM|
Will probably try both XFJ and F5J but that's weather dependent.
Stork 2, Kontronik 480/5.2:1 box, 3s 2200.
|Dec 29, 2011, 09:47 AM|
I'm in with the Pike Superior and will be flying FAI F5J, but it looks like 24mph winds according to Windmapper so it does not look good for New Years. Hope your weather is better, and of course HAPPY NEW YEARS. I will be traveling on New Years day so, it maybe a Thursday or Friday before I can post the results.
The Best Soaring to Everyone
|Dec 30, 2011, 04:54 AM|
Another Spanish Pilot
Our friend Carlos asked me to put his details:
Estileto, Hacker B2015L, 11x6, 1200mAh, ESC 25A
Extreme Unlimited and F5J FAI
We (Japicasa, Juan Supra, Carlos and myself) will fly together but we also feel we fly with all together with people around the globe.
Happy Holidays for everybody.
|Dec 31, 2011, 04:31 AM|
More guys for the Gang ;-)
X5j and F5J
Kontronic 80a esc
Paco and Antonio will provide power plant
|Dec 31, 2011, 12:18 PM|
Good luck to all that have good weather and can fly!
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Contest||Last X5J SOR F5J for 2011 Nov13th/14th SignUp||Robert Burson||Electric Sailplanes||23||Nov 16, 2011 08:35 AM|
|Discussion||New Years Day X5J eXtreme 2011||Robert Burson||Electric Sailplanes||53||Jan 03, 2011 02:28 AM|
|Contest||X5J eXtreme NEW YEARS DAY Sign-up||Robert Burson||Electric Sailplanes||54||Feb 01, 2008 04:12 AM|
|Discussion||NEW YEARS DAY, X5J eXtreme 2007 Sign-up||Robert Burson||Electric Sailplanes||60||Jan 04, 2007 08:02 PM|
|Discussion||X5J eXtreme NEW YEARS DAY 2006 SignUp||Robert Burson||Electric Sailplanes||77||Apr 06, 2006 09:47 AM|