SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by MrE, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 09:50 PM
United States, WA, Rochester
Joined Feb 2005
13 Posts
Two things.
First - Gary - Russ and Matt Haugh came to our last event and I think Matt had fun. Russ brought a LDG and some of our guys showed interest in that as well.

Second - Our Feb event is THIS Saturday!
Thom Martin is offline Find More Posts by Thom Martin
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2012, 04:14 AM
MrE
United States, WA, Gig Harbor
Joined Aug 2007
2,822 Posts
Thom, I doubt I will be able to make it down Saturday. Im still recovering from surgery, so you guys have fun without me!

In the mean time Im trying to reach our landlord up here in Gig Harbor for permission to hold some contests here. As soon as I get word back, hopefully positive, I'll get with you on scheduling.
MrE is online now Find More Posts by MrE
Old Feb 14, 2012, 04:18 AM
MrE
Joined Aug 2007
2,822 Posts
Oh, I talked to one of the PSSF guys. Sounds like they are trying to put together an August ALES contest at their annual fly-in.

Now if we can get some of the Seattle guys going on this too....
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:02 PM
United States, AZ, Arizona City
Joined Sep 2001
5,001 Posts
Thom,

I sort of thought they might show up

What on earth is a LDG?

Gary
GaryO is offline Find More Posts by GaryO
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:57 PM
United States, WA, Olympia
Joined Oct 2009
324 Posts
Oh, You haven't heard about Russ' new thingy... It's a DLG for guys with dyslexia. You have to spin backwards to make it fly.
>T
olythom is offline Find More Posts by olythom
Old Feb 19, 2012, 03:05 PM
Joined Feb 2005
13 Posts
Heavy, persistent rain forced the cancellation of yesterday’s TCMAA AleS event. We are re-scheduling for next Saturday (2/25) with hopes of better weather, Larry’s healing process, and some guys finishing new planes so they can join the fun.
Gates open at 0900. Pilot’s mtg at 1100. At least 5 rounds. Trophy for first – ribbons for top 5. Lunch and entry - $5.00
See ya there.
>Thom
Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:19 PM
Pencil grip
Olympia, WA
Joined Feb 2008
1,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Martin View Post
We are re-scheduling for next Saturday (2/25) with hopes of better weather, Larry’s healing process, and some guys finishing new planes so they can join the fun.
>Thom
Sorry to hear about the cancellation, but I'm secretly glad because I've been vacationing with the family in San Diego and was bummed to miss the fun up there. I've rebuilt the front end of my Helium and it's waiting for me at home. Hope to see everyone Saturday! -Matt
hoffboy is online now Find More Posts by hoffboy
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:11 PM
MrE
Joined Aug 2007
2,822 Posts
I need to get this in under the 2 week window, so Im anouncing our EFLAPS clubs first ALES contest.

It is tentatively set for Saturday the 7th of April. That day may change depending on how things go with the TCMAA schedule. Im working with Thom on that and will announce any changes ASAP.

The contest will be held at our clubs Gig Harbor field. Current AMA is required by our landlord so be prepared to show your AMA number.

Start time will be 10:30 AM pilots meeting at 9:30AM.

Landing Fee is $10 which gets you some drinks and Pizza for lunch!

Im working on a map and directions to the field now. Anyone wanting to attend please PM or e-mail me for detailed directions etc.

This is not an improved field. Its a private horse pasture that we have access to so its a bit primitive. We do have a Port-a-John though If you need work tables or anything like that you will need to bring your own. There will be ample parking at the field but depending on wind direction we may have a bit of a walk to the most distant landing zones in order to keep things safe.

If I can figure out how, I will post a Google Earth link showing the field....

UPDATE: next contest date is 30 June 2012
Last edited by MrE; Jun 01, 2012 at 10:57 PM. Reason: more details added
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:51 AM
MrE
Joined Aug 2007
2,822 Posts
I have no idea how many people to expect. The TCMAA guys have been getting 15+ flyers at a time.

We have 7 in our club who are committed.

It would help my planning if anyone thinking about coming could RSVP to me by PM or e-mail.

Thanks!

Larry
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:55 AM
MrE
Joined Aug 2007
2,822 Posts
I was against the formation of the new forum sub category, but now that its here I guess we have no choice but to play along.

I'll - reluctantly - ask to move this sticky to the new forum.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 01:43 AM
MrE
Joined Aug 2007
2,822 Posts
Oops! I goofed. We are going to have to move the date of the Gig harbor contest to the 31st. Thats still tentative until I hear back from Thom.

Sorry guys!

Larry
Old Feb 25, 2012, 01:24 PM
Joined Feb 2005
13 Posts
The TCMAA event that was set for today has been rained/blown out. Our next event will be held on March 17th. I fully expect a bunch of our guys to drive up to the Eflaps event that Larry (MrE) is planning for March 31st. This sort of inter-club activity is exactly what I was hoping to see in the upcoming year. What fun!
Thom
Old Feb 25, 2012, 04:16 PM
MrE
Joined Aug 2007
2,822 Posts
Im hoping a bunch of you guys can make it up!

Ive sent out invites to all the local clubs. Im hoping for a big turn out and hoping we can handle it as gracefully as you guys do!
Old Feb 26, 2012, 03:55 AM
MrE
Joined Aug 2007
2,822 Posts
Sorry guys, the date for the Gig Harbor event has slipped again! We are now planning on 7 Apr. Ive changed the post above.

Hopefully, this is the LAST change!
Old Feb 26, 2012, 08:09 PM
United States, AZ, Arizona City
Joined Sep 2001
5,001 Posts
May I suggest that you post it to the ALES forum? I'd think in the future, that will be the first choice for ALES stuff (I hope).

Looking forward to getting up in the NW and flying in some of those events.

Gary
GaryO is offline Find More Posts by GaryO