HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by rchank, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:34 AM
I used to like trees
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Jul 2011
288 Posts
Rave
Flying wings

I'm lovin' these incredible flying machines. When I started flying RC last summer, I had zero interest in them. Then I saw some of Lee's wing combat videos. An aerial demolition derby! But the funny thing is, after the planes collide, they seldom suffer significant damage and often recover from the hit and launch an immediate retaliatory strike against the plane that hit them! Just too cool!

I bought one of Lee's Assassin kits which are made of tough EPP foam and covered with iron-on laminate. I've yet to hurt it in spite of several hard doinks into hillsides flying slope lift in high winds.

I scratchbuilt one of Apache Pilot's 42" Divinity wings. At around 8.8 oz. AUW it's a delightful slow flyer.

I'm currently building one of Lee's Scythe 26" EPP wings which come two to a kit. I'll build this one light as a park flyer. The other I plan to build with an Assassin motor as a tough speed wing that can handle higher winds and wing combat.
rchank is offline Find More Posts by rchank
to remove ads between posts
Closed Thread