SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 08, 2001, 12:17 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,588 Posts
Deeside (UK) indoor flying

Well, we attended another of the CHIEFS informal indoor flying meetings at Queensferry (Deeside leisure Centre) this afternoon and I got the chance to have a chat with some UK ezone lurkers and much fun was had by all.

The usual indoor carnage ensued - those IFO thingies make a very distinctive slapping sound when they hit the floor don't they?

Old Leccy managed to find a different pillar with his Lite Stik this time, Kev dented the ceiling with his Lupo and we had a mid-air between a Pico Stik and A Discoverer,plus a few other mating IFO-type incidents. Chris Martindale treated us to a display of what his indoor aerobatic biplane could do and his young lad was also expertly flying his Stik around the arena.

The first UK showings in these parts by Kev and Walter Wilkinson of the GWS Tiger Moth were very impressive so I'm going to make sure that I build mine ready for the next meeting which I understand is on the 28th of July at the usual venue. Another ezone lurker (George) flew the first GWS J-3 Cub that weve seen as well. Plus a very nice Robbe Jungmeister that flew beautifully.

I particularly liked the Supermarine Walrus that always attends at Deeside and was also very taken by a little SE5a and silver Tiger Moth but being shy as ever I never got the pilots name, however if he reads this and cares to email me, I have a short video of his Moth and SE5 in action that I will happily copy for him.

The day came to a close on a multicultural note (see the Off-Topic Discussion for a new slant on an old chestnut) and everyone went home happy. The interference problems that had dogged my previous indoor flights with my Hitec Feather and Jeti Rex 4 receivers were a thing of the past with the GWS -4P and despite having to replace the battle damaged Lite Stik motor this was the best indoor flying session I've attended.

Thanks to Kev and the Chiefs for organising these meetings- if you are in the area at the end of the month then come along for a look.

cheers

Brian
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2001, 07:36 AM
UK
Joined Aug 2000
1,082 Posts
Brian. Sounds like a good event. Have you thought of trying an 'And_Now' depron special? Takes standard Pico/Lite Stick equipment, is indestructible, costs next to nothing and of course is a great aerobatic flyer, indoors or out... http://www.flyelectric.ukgateway.net/indoor.htm
David T is offline Find More Posts by David T
Old Jul 10, 2001, 08:19 AM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,588 Posts
Thanks for the link David- very interesting. I haven't had a chance to fly my own little depron O/D slowflyer yet, and haven't started my GWS Tiger Moth so this one could definitely go on the to-do list- I've got three weeks before the next meeting to get them fettled so it might be doable. However after seeing Tim Hooper's version of your Bubbles perform that is on the to-do list as well.

cheers

Brian
Old Jul 10, 2001, 11:41 AM
Single-task at best...
Telford, UK
Joined Feb 2000
7,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by leccyflyer:
...after seeing Tim Hooper's version of your Bubbles perform that is on the to-do list as well.
Brian
Aaaaw......shucks...

tim

tim hooper is offline Find More Posts by tim hooper
Old Jul 10, 2001, 11:56 AM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,588 Posts
Waddya mean Aw shucks....

... I didn't say what exactly the "TO DO" in the TO DO list was....

get one built Tim and bring it (and your Sportwin) along to the next Deeside meeting on the 28th July - if you haven't got any Depron to hand give me a shout.

cheers

Brian

[This message has been edited by leccyflyer (edited 07-10-2001).]