HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:48 PM
sailplane nut
Herminie, PA 15637
Joined Apr 2007
210 Posts
How are the Dyne-O-Mites coming along? I just finished up a set of plans for a mini dlg (600mm span) which uses the parkzone receiver/servo modules from wrecked um models. It looks like I may be able to hit an all-up-weight of around 1 oz. Anyone interested can e-mail me $2.50 for the plans and I have no idea of what a kit would cost-probably about 40.00 including foam wings with some type of cf stiffening, a cf tailboom and pre-cut balsa tail,rudder, and mounts for the wing and tail with a 2 piece clamshell type blue foam pod possibly coated with styrospray which is a water based plastic coating. We will see. Anyways let me know how the finished models fly. Bob M.
rcbobcat55 is offline Find More Posts by rcbobcat55
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 10, 2012, 09:09 PM
Winter is getting closer!
Akron, Ohio
Joined May 2008
1,663 Posts
couple of questions... is the wood already glued to the foam wing? I am looking for a DLG. this one caught my eye. is there any videos of this plane flying?
twister782 is offline Find More Posts by twister782
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:02 PM
No, you can't fly it.
United States, WI, Menomonie
Joined Nov 2006
711 Posts
Well, that was short-lived.

Did the maiden today, had a bad launch couple with my elevator binding up on me...straight in. Not gonna lie, balsa isn't as tough as I thought! haha. Just damaged (destroyed) the fuse, splintered.

Can I just get a fuse?? But, the tail is pretty much permanently mounted to it, not sure how to get it separated.
SwissBoy is offline Find More Posts by SwissBoy
Old Apr 03, 2012, 07:49 PM
sailplane nut
Herminie, PA 15637
Joined Apr 2007
210 Posts
Hi Swissboy from Bob M . I could fix you up with a replacement fuselage when I get some in from my laser cutter. Did you glass your pod? I stuck my prototype in the ground several times without any damage but nothing is indestructable. I had planned on having Skip Miller Models handle my kits at Toledo but they don't think the tailboom is big enough and they don't like the tail mounting system so they won't take them to sell. That's ok as I have other people looking at handling them and I have no trouble selling them myself. I will be offering a larger tailboom in the future and will include an alternate tail mount at no extra charge although no one has complained yet about the existing ones. keep in touch bob M... Also, I will be soon releasing a 2Meter ship similar to the dyne-o-mite and it is in the prototype stage right now. I will keep everyone posted. Has anyone taken any in-flite photos yet so I can get some feedback on how it handles in other peoples hands?
Old Apr 03, 2012, 07:53 PM
sailplane nut
Herminie, PA 15637
Joined Apr 2007
210 Posts
If you didn"t break the tailboom and the fuselage is scrap just cut away the pod and use some cya remover to remove the glue fillets and then you are ready to graft on a new pod. I will be getting some spare parts in soon. I would guess an entire fuselage pod would be about $20 plus about $2.00 shipping. Does that seem fair? Thanks again Bob M...
Old Apr 03, 2012, 08:02 PM
Glendale,Az.
Joined Oct 2004
3,539 Posts
Looks Nice but a different name might be appropiate- or not since they are two different kinds of builds-

Depron Dynamite here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=614246

Doug
dougmontgomery is offline Find More Posts by dougmontgomery
Old Apr 03, 2012, 08:21 PM
No, you can't fly it.
United States, WI, Menomonie
Joined Nov 2006
711 Posts
Boom is still intact. (epoxy'd in place though, haha) I may order a fuse from ya, but not till later in the season. I broke my hand and I can't really fly right now. Thanks for the response.
SwissBoy is offline Find More Posts by SwissBoy
Old Apr 04, 2012, 07:59 AM
Laser Cutter Guy
United States, PA, Greensburg
Joined Oct 2009
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissBoy View Post
Boom is still intact. (epoxy'd in place though, haha) I may order a fuse from ya, but not till later in the season. I broke my hand and I can't really fly right now. Thanks for the response.
heat the epoxy with a heat gun and it will peel right off that boom. Hope your hand heals up fast.
RCROBBY is offline Find More Posts by RCROBBY
Old May 01, 2012, 01:27 AM
Did I do that?
United States, AL, Dothan
Joined Sep 2011
12 Posts
Fly mine every day. Love it. I am hoping to get a dvr soon also have a keychain camera on the way. Will put up pictures as soon as I can.
OldVic56 is offline Find More Posts by OldVic56
Old May 01, 2012, 05:20 PM
sailplane nut
Herminie, PA 15637
Joined Apr 2007
210 Posts
Dyne-O-Mite DLG

Hi oldvic from Bob M.. Glad to see someone has one flying. How does it fly? Any suggestions as to cg location,control throws, etc? I loaned my prototype to Skip Miller Models to display at Toledo and Fedex destroyed it on the way back so I have to wait for the insurance claim to clear. I acquired a very nice dlg pod from dlgjunkyard and plan on mounting a v-dihedral dyne-O-mite wing and tailfeathers on it to try it out. It is a kevlar/glass layup and is pretty narrow and robust. Also, I now have my 2Meter Dyne-O-Mite finished and ready to test fly as soon as the wind and rain let up. It came out at 28 ounces balanced and ready to go. I streamlined the pod a bit and it is a very nice looking model. I stumbled upon a stash of tow hooks and will be including them with the 2M kit. It has pre-sheeted foam core wings with 1/4" cf tube spars and 1/4" dia aluminum joiners and features flaps or flapperons in the center section driven by 2 servos. I am working on a 3 view to post but haven't had the time to draw them up yet. It looks like about $150.00 shipped as an intro. Pass the word around so I can get a feel for how many kits to make on my first production run. Thanks and let me know how the dlg flies. Thanks Bob M...
Old May 01, 2012, 05:33 PM
Did I do that?
Joined Sep 2011
12 Posts
Great! I have a pod from him that I am hoping to get back to soon. As far as the setup goes I used what you recommended in the instructions. I have my throws cut down since I am kinda rusty at flying but it launches well and I get almost 40 ft when I toss it up I am using this to get my movement back after a surgercy I had. I think it's kinda funny that I am using it for therapy.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 09:47 PM
sailplane nut
Herminie, PA 15637
Joined Apr 2007
210 Posts
Hello from RCbobcat55 Has anyone else been flying their Dyne-O-Mites? I have 2 left from my last production run and will sell them at a reduced price to finance the next run of 6 kits. One is the standard poly version with flat center and tip dihedral $85.00 shipped and the other one is a v dihedral version for flapperons and it is $90.00 shipped. Any takers let me know. The new kits will have a slightly larger diameter tailboom and an optional tail mounting system along with the original mounts so the customer can choose which one he wants to use. thanks for the interest Bob M...
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:10 AM
Did I do that?
Joined Sep 2011
12 Posts
Hi there Rob Vic here. Sorry to say my dlg days are over for a while. I had a blood clot cut off blood flow to me legs and they had to amputate the left oe I do have the tight one still. The long process of rehab has begun toward getting a artificer leg. I am hoping I will still be able to toss one up in the air I am left handed so I will spin on my right leg. The prosthetic people say I can do it with lots of time and practice. I will only be flying my helicopters for the time being. I am looking forward to get back to it as soon as I can.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:47 PM
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Joined May 2003
1,299 Posts
Anyone have the measurement for the tip dihedral? I read through the thread, maybe I missed it.
rcsoar4fun is online now Find More Posts by rcsoar4fun
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:25 PM
sailplane nut
Herminie, PA 15637
Joined Apr 2007
210 Posts
Hi from RCbobcat55 sorry for the delay in getting back to you. i will go over the paperwork I have and let you know what the dihedral is supposed to be. I have been busy working on the prototype of a micro slope ship I plan to kit, Pre-sheeted cores and built-up balsa fuselage with balsa tailfeaathers.this will be a very light model for small slopes and light lift but it can be ballasted up to really cook. Future options will include a special order glass fuselage and several different airfoils and two different wing planforms. When i get my e-mail problems sorted out I can send a 3 view of both versions (actually sketches) to anyone who asks. If you wish to roll your own I will offer pre-sheeted cores and plans and patterns for $45.00 intro including shipping. Thanks Bob M...PS are there any other dyne-o-mites flying out there? Let me know.