HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2012, 06:42 AM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbobcat55 View Post
I wish to personally thank RCROBBY for his cadd drawings and laser cutting work- they are both excellent. Bob M. The flapperon versions are now available by special order with a $20.00 deposit. Also, thanks to oldvic and the rest of my customers for helping me make this a success. Bob
What is the weight of the flaperon version?

Is it balsa over foam core as well?

Are the flaperons cut out or left for the builder?

thanks

Best of luck with both planes!

Frank
Fly2High is online now Find More Posts by Fly2High
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2012, 07:51 AM
Laser Cutter Guy
United States, PA, Greensburg
Joined Oct 2009
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbobcat55 View Post
I wish to personally thank RCROBBY for his cadd drawings and laser cutting work- they are both excellent. Bob M. The flapperon versions are now available by special order with a $20.00 deposit. Also, thanks to oldvic and the rest of my customers for helping me make this a success. Bob
Thank You for the kind words Bob. I take pride in producing a good product. You have a great design and I am glad I could help out.
RCROBBY is offline Find More Posts by RCROBBY
Old Jan 30, 2012, 04:09 PM
United States, IL, Bloomington
Joined Feb 2002
974 Posts
Today I finished up the fiberglass on the top of the wing.
I also got started on the Pod.

Pretty simple.
The pics should be self explanatory.

The only thing I did that wasnt called for was to drill F4 for the push rods to pass through near the boom.
Seemed easier to me doing it that way rather than trying to drill F4 after it was part of the Pod.
wgeffon is offline Find More Posts by wgeffon
Old Jan 30, 2012, 06:11 PM
Laser Cutter Guy
Joined Oct 2009
245 Posts
Looks Good. I believe the pushrods are meant to go inside of the CF tube though.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 06:19 PM
Joined Feb 2002
974 Posts
Interesting... How would they get secured without flexing in the boom?
Seems much easier to run them on the outside with guides glued to the boom to keep them from flexing.
Also, you don't have to try and get the rods back out of the fuse at the tail.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 06:26 PM
Laser Cutter Guy
Joined Oct 2009
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgeffon View Post
Interesting... How would they get secured without flexing in the boom?
Seems much easier to run them on the outside with guides glued to the boom to keep them from flexing.
Also, you don't have to try and get the rods back out of the fuse at the tail.
Lol, You will have to verify that with Bob since it is his design then. I coulda swore he said they run on the inside of the tube. I may be wrong. I see what you are saying. I am new to DLG.I mostly do Giant Scale Planes. I may be wrong.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 06:29 PM
Joined Feb 2002
974 Posts
No doubt you could run them inside with more work involved.
I'm into simpe.. LoL.
Old Feb 02, 2012, 09:44 AM
sailplane nut
Herminie, PA 15637
Joined Apr 2007
198 Posts
Wayne. Great idea running the pushrods outside of the boom. I had a terrible time running them in the boom on the Bug but it has a v-tail. On my two prototypes I am building now I am running them outside and they are a lot less fussy plus you don't have to guess where to put the slots for the exits. The future instructions will include this idea-it is a good one. That is one of the reasons why I am offering the kits at an intro price to customers because I have my own ways of building and they aren"t always the easiest or most sensible to do-there is always room for improvement and sugestions. are always welcome.Another customer had asked what the flapperon version weighs so here are the typical weights I am seeing with no extra effort to make them lighter. The poly version with AR6100E receiver,2 Vigor digital servos,and a dream flight 4 cell 300mah nimh battery and nose ballast weighs 210 grams for the heaviest one so far that is 7.4 oz. The lightest one weighs about 195 grams that is 6.5 oz. The V dihedral versions weigh typically 10 grams less (I think because of 1 less glass joint.). Now the flapperon version weighs 225 grams or 7.9 oz with the same equipment except the 2 extra servos. I have taken some really nice color photos of the 2 new prototypes and will send them by e-mail to anyone who requests them. For some reason I haven't been able to post them on this site. Maybe I will e-mail the to RCROBBY and let him post them.Enough of this for now. I have to get some work done.Any questions e-mail me either here at RCbobcat55 or even better at my personal e-mail which is RCbobcat55@yahoo.com.Thanks for the support and keep on ordering -we both need the work. Bob M.
rcbobcat55 is offline Find More Posts by rcbobcat55
Old Feb 02, 2012, 03:13 PM
Did I do that?
United States, AL, Dothan
Joined Sep 2011
12 Posts
Bob I would like to see those photos also maybe one showing how the rear wingmount is attached in the fuse
OldVic56 is offline Find More Posts by OldVic56
Old Feb 02, 2012, 06:36 PM
RC Guy Having Fun!
Joined Apr 2010
389 Posts
Kit received today. Very high quality wood and excellent laser cutting. Should result in a good straight model. Best, Aero
Aeronut41 is offline Find More Posts by Aeronut41
Old Feb 02, 2012, 09:30 PM
Joined Feb 2002
974 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldVic56 View Post
Bob I would like to see those photos also maybe one showing how the rear wingmount is attached in the fuse
Vic,

I'll get a pic of that tomorrow for you.
Old Feb 03, 2012, 12:04 AM
No, you can't fly it.
United States, WI, Menomonie
Joined Nov 2006
699 Posts
Also craving some finished photos!

How is the wing attached to the fuse? Screws? Permanently glued?
SwissBoy is offline Find More Posts by SwissBoy
Old Feb 03, 2012, 12:07 AM
Joined Feb 2002
974 Posts
Peg into bulkhead hole at the leading edge and a bolt screwed into a hardwood block at the trailing edge.
Old Feb 03, 2012, 12:10 AM
No, you can't fly it.
United States, WI, Menomonie
Joined Nov 2006
699 Posts
Cool, thanks. Anyone else have pics of a finished bird? rcbob you figure out how to get them up on rcg yet?
SwissBoy is offline Find More Posts by SwissBoy
Old Feb 03, 2012, 07:25 AM
Laser Cutter Guy
Joined Oct 2009
245 Posts
Here is pic of Bobs finished bird. I'll try and get some other pics this weekend from him.