HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by ChrisBowker, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 01:59 PM
RC Bum 4 Hire
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined May 2004
1,153 Posts
New Product
Bowker Aero 33" Yak 55 kits full kits availablenow

I wanted to wait until I started the "official" build thread for my Yak before I posted an add for the kits, but due to the over whelming number of email's I'm receiving I decided It would be best to post this to get some of the info out about my Yak. The kits are 100% ready to ship minus instructions(build photo's are already uploaded to my blog). Kits are available as full kits or short kits. Full kits contain virtually everything needed to build the model minus glue, tools and radio gear. Short kits come the foam parts only, these are great for moving your existing set of B.A.M. carbon hardware into once you've worn out your old airframe. Kits are also available with an optional bottom hinged elevator, this is done to improve KE spin and some tumbling performance.

A quick look at the Yak:
Wing span: 33"
Length: 33"(minus motor)
Flying weight 4-5.5 oz

Recommended Radio gear:
Motor: Hacker a-10-9l(a-10-15s/rimfire 250 milled version)
Esc: 5-9 amp
Aileron Servo: Hs-65 ailerons, Futaba 3114
Rudder & elevator: hs-35, jr s185, Futaba 3114
Battery: 240-370 mah 2s

Some of the key futures of my kits are:
-100% cnc cut parts for the perfect fit on every piece(not to mention parts are glue ready! no sanding!!)
-CNC cut carbon fiber hardware package(no plywood or depron control horns!)
-CNC hinge beveling
-Wheels!
-Pre cut carbon rods
-Pre cut servo holes
-Pre drilled markers for doubler locations/carbon bracing(no guess work, no measuring, simply connect the dots with the carbon rod)
-Pre cut slots for wing struts so every model you build will be symmetrical.
-Pre cut guides for all control horns(again no guess work here, not to mention this makes it extremely easy to set up the perfect aileron geometry even if you are a first time builder)
-Pull pull or push pull control options are available for the tail surfaces(milled versions typically come with pull pull and non milled come with push pull, either is available upon special request.
-A full roll of 1/2" blendrum hinge tape

Short kits start at $25
Full kits at $50
Milling(feather or reg) +$15
Bottom Hinged elevator+3
Jig painted + $35(your choice of colors)
Shipping in the lower 48: $14

Some talk about my Yak kit can be found @:http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1525469&page=3

Some older video's of this can be seen on youtube:
milled 55 (3 min 59 sec)

BAM 55 (6 min 27 sec)

Thanks for taking the time to check out my kit, If you are interested in ordering, please send an email to BowkerAero@gmail.com and we can work out the details.

I'm sure I will be editing this post over the next few days to make sure it is complete.

Chris Bowker
Bowker Aero
(505)-301-6033
Bowkeraero@gmail.com
ChrisBowker is offline Find More Posts by ChrisBowker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by ChrisBowker; Feb 23, 2012 at 01:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts