Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:52 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,552 Posts
Back home again after a multi state trip. Spent a few days at SEFF then a couple days up in Michigan to hang out with some o'l pals of mine from way back. With one red eye and one early morning airline flight in the mix, hanging out with old friends til the wee hours of the morning catching up on old times it made for staying awake for more than 30 hours straight on a few occasions. I got home home last night and my head hit the pillow and I slept for 11 hours and I think I woke up in the exact same position I fell asleep in...now that's tired..

Had a great time with the SEFF crew and John Morgan and Bryan (ATIS) were very generous with offering me stick time on their very beautiful airplanes. Thanks guys. Great to finally meet you Bryan. Congrats on finishing up a 20 year military career.!!

I will take another day of just relaxing and unpack my stuff, then it's back to the T-38 build.
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 30, 2012, 02:18 PM
Member 120mph Club
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
Joined Oct 2004
12,444 Posts
Wolf, check the pusher forum for the Cougar video..its in beanies F9 Cougar build thread as I beta built his 1/10th scale.

Andy, anytime you come to SEFF, your more then welcome to fly anything I bring.
ATIS is offline Find More Posts by ATIS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: maxford Nieuport 1/5th Scale
Old Apr 30, 2012, 07:11 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,621 Posts
ok times up ...thats enough resting
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old May 01, 2012, 09:59 AM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
ok times up ...thats enough resting
Yes sir!!!

I got the fan position's established. I put everything together to see where they will need to go to get the CG and all looks good. Shorter batt wires than I originally thought. Just have to do a little of this and a little of that and of course I can't forget to do a little of both this and that to get it all hooked up good. Are you following me here....keep up now
Old May 01, 2012, 11:49 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,779 Posts
man, its getting close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old May 01, 2012, 03:50 PM
Member 120mph Club
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
Joined Oct 2004
12,444 Posts
Double check that CG!! I dont want you to have to save this one like you did my cougar. Any updated picts??
ATIS is offline Find More Posts by ATIS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: maxford Nieuport 1/5th Scale
Old May 01, 2012, 11:52 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,621 Posts
got any pics of the fan install ...or did i miss them.
Old May 02, 2012, 08:57 AM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
got any pics of the fan install ...or did i miss them.
Hi Rodger,

Fans aren't in yet. I have to make some mounts yet. Might not get anything done this weekend on the 38, Ed and I may head over to Utah for a jet rally over there.
Old May 02, 2012, 05:24 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,621 Posts
yeah i want to go to that some time ..but it's the same date as Chino's warbird airshow ....so we are heading to that.
Old May 03, 2012, 03:13 AM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
7,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon5 View Post
Yes sir!!!

Just have to do a little of this and a little of that and of course I can't forget to do a little of both this and that to get it all hooked up good. Are you following me here....keep up now

Well said, if you do too much of this and not enough of that, Well, we just won`t go there.

Man! What a jet!!
Knife Liddle is online now Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old May 07, 2012, 03:14 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,779 Posts
done yet? lol

man you have to be close now!!!! maybe this weekend???
Old May 07, 2012, 04:12 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
done yet? lol

man you have to be close now!!!! maybe this weekend???
Naw got a ways to go yet. probably a couple weeks to finish everything up and then a few days to do the pre flight checks and stuff. Didn't go to Utah so I stayed home and worked on the 38. Spent the last two days soldering. Didn't realize how much electrical work I had to do, double the work for a twin. Finally got both power plants wired up and ready to go with all the cap packs installed along with the additional caps I added. Today starting to make the hardware needed to mount the fans and I ran servo wires from the back to the mid section to the RX.

I ordered new flying stab pivot arms as the 1" ones I had on there were not taking enough advantage of leverage and I was dialing the throw down in the TX, so I may as well just put longer arms on to get the throw down and give the system more power in the process, longer arms should be here in a few days.

I haven't made a canopy yet, not enough foam to make one so instead of buying another 8 foot sheet I may just wait till Sparky pulls the lexan one for us. How's the progress on the plug?
Old May 07, 2012, 06:18 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,779 Posts
slow. but that beeing said, ill try to hurry for you lol.
Old May 07, 2012, 07:35 PM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,830 Posts
Wau!!!
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith