HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 24, 2012, 09:08 AM
United States, IL, Edwardsville
Joined Dec 2011
254 Posts
I have been using one of these little keyfob cameras for a couple of years. They work great! The only issue is with the date/time stamp and messing with the text file to get it right. I have put them in everything from models to motorcycles to near space balloons! I bought several of these a while back but paid only around $13 bucks each for them drop shipped from china. They are listed all over ebay for $10 or less shipped. The ones with the external memory card used to be the better ones but newer models may be available now. The chucklohr site listed above is really informative.

Fitz
flyingfitz737 is online now Find More Posts by flyingfitz737
Last edited by flyingfitz737; Apr 24, 2012 at 09:23 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2012, 09:40 AM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,403 Posts
The venerable #3 camera had a time/date stamp which couldn't be removed (although it was later removed through firmware or hacking) but the newer HD ones can disable the time / date stamp easily. Here's video from the #11 camera on one of my jets:

Boogie Hawk Flight - and Crash (6 min 29 sec)
bwoollia is online now Find More Posts by bwoollia
Last edited by bwoollia; Apr 24, 2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:38 AM
United States, IL, Edwardsville
Joined Dec 2011
254 Posts
The video looks great! Love the editing. I have never used camera number 3 on an edf. You don't have the prop strobe issues with edf. What vendor did you use and how much for number 11?
flyingfitz737 is online now Find More Posts by flyingfitz737
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:50 PM
Low rates are for wimps
Joined May 2008
3,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingfitz737 View Post
The video looks great! Love the editing. I have never used camera number 3 on an edf. You don't have the prop strobe issues with edf. What vendor did you use and how much for number 11?
Thanks! I had fun with this one. The jet is fully repaired now and ready for a re-maiden hopefully this Thursday.

Check the beginning of the #11 thread, it will give you a list of vendors. The #16 is an improvement over the #11 (better colour and no vignetting) for about the same price, and there is a list of vendors at the beginning of that thread as well. I'm pretty sure I paid $38 for mine.

Brian
Old Apr 24, 2012, 01:40 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoollia View Post
Thanks! I had fun with this one. The jet is fully repaired now and ready for a re-maiden hopefully this Thursday.

Check the beginning of the #11 thread, it will give you a list of vendors. The #16 is an improvement over the #11 (better colour and no vignetting) for about the same price, and there is a list of vendors at the beginning of that thread as well. I'm pretty sure I paid $38 for mine.

Brian
You know anything about the #18? It looks like it has video\audio out...I ordered one a couple of weeks ago from a ChiCom
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
Old Apr 24, 2012, 02:33 PM
Low rates are for wimps
Joined May 2008
3,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
You know anything about the #18? It looks like it has video\audio out...I ordered one a couple of weeks ago from a ChiCom
No, I've been so happy with the #11 that I haven't really looked for new ones. If I had to replace it I'd get a #16.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:30 PM
Corporate Jet Mech
KVNY
Joined Oct 2006
72 Posts
Duct construction

Was over at Thornton again today - shot some pics of the F5B engine inlet and ducting...Aside from the initial bends at the front, its looking like a pretty constant diameter down the pipe.... Ducting is not the far off of the diameter of the engine itself...Not used to seeing that as I mainly deal with turbofans....

KUTGW

Hal
Halownr is offline Find More Posts by Halownr
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:58 PM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,834 Posts
any updates??
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Old Apr 24, 2012, 05:31 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,444 Posts
andy is at seff this week....poor guy has to fly all of j morgans models...
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:31 PM
Yank Pilot
United States, CO, Hotchkiss
Joined Oct 2006
1,694 Posts
Poor Guy!
Pilatuspc12 is offline Find More Posts by Pilatuspc12
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:52 AM
Retired and Lovin' it!
United States, KY, Sturgis
Joined Jul 2007
2,528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
andy is at seff this week....poor guy has to fly all of j morgans models...
I know that's really a crappy job, but, hey, somebody's got to do it!

Tony
tpfing is online now Find More Posts by tpfing
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: North Las Vegas 1971
Old Apr 25, 2012, 07:13 PM
United States, TX, Schertz
Joined Mar 2006
1,433 Posts
Josh Harel A-10 CG Location

This is to all of the folks to whom I have sent the Josh Harel A-10 plans. Please note that the CG location on the plans is INCORRECT. The correct CG should be 17.5% AFT OF THE LEADING EDGE OF THE WING AT THE ROOT. The plans show it at 25% but this is not correct (trust me on this). Anything aft of the 17.5 to 18.5% will result in a very tail heavy plane. My CG is 3.75" aft of the leading edge at the root. Anything between 3.75" and 4" aft of the leading edge will probably work well.

Sorry Andy for the interruption.

Ed
A10pilot is offline Find More Posts by A10pilot
Last edited by A10pilot; Apr 25, 2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 07:52 PM
McQueeney TX
Joined Oct 2005
578 Posts
Andy, Great build, really enjoying this and it's quite inspiring, sculpture is my passion so this technique will be a great outlet!

One question, what airfoil did you use on the wing? Any washout?

Thanks,

Luke
Dionysus is offline Find More Posts by Dionysus
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:01 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,957 Posts
it a C/N air foil ...lots of washout.
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:17 PM
McQueeney TX
Joined Oct 2005
578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
it a C/N air foil ...lots of washout.
That does not tell me much, my mom may cook that way but I don't build planes that way. (my best Italian accent) Luka, justa puta pinch a da that and a pinch a da dis!

I was told by an aeronautical engineer (Josh Harell) that the airfoil on model jets is really irrelevant anyway, I'm sure a Clark Y would work just fine on this.
Dionysus is offline Find More Posts by Dionysus