Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 27, 2011, 03:27 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,779 Posts
cut out templates and started tracing parts. ed....i think the robart struts and retracts will work. man if i were single id have this knocked out in no time.... you know...this might sound crazy....but after i cut out all the templates...it really didnt look thaaat big.....
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2011, 04:58 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
you know...this might sound crazy....but after i cut out all the templates...it really didnt look thaaat big.....
LOl..yeah I thought that also, but for some reason the immense size doesn't become apparent until the vertical stab is placed on. Then all of a sudden it reaches out and slaps you in the face then punches you in the stomach and say's hah..you like that..You wanted big well now you got big. Then it looks at you with this over inflated sense of entitlement and looks like it needs to be fed or it will get pissed. But take the vertical stab back off and she go's back to being a docile creature who loves it's mother.
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
Old Dec 27, 2011, 05:15 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
LOL. interesting synopsis.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:22 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,779 Posts
started cutting last night...ill post pics when i make some decent progress
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:20 PM
Swat Team Member
LV, NV
Joined Apr 2003
623 Posts
Can You guys post some pics of the tools..

I know you are doing a lot of sanding and shaping but what tools are you using to make the cuts etc. Or some video of you actually cutting the foam. Like how well you did the intakes etc.

P. Richards aka SwatTeam
P. Richards is offline Find More Posts by P. Richards
Old Dec 28, 2011, 03:35 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Richards View Post
I know you are doing a lot of sanding and shaping but what tools are you using to make the cuts etc. Or some video of you actually cutting the foam. Like how well you did the intakes etc.

P. Richards aka SwatTeam

Well I kind of build like a cave man but here is everything I used to get the fues as it is now.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 12:08 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,779 Posts
finished cutting the big parts today. will hopefully start gluing stuff together tomorrow...
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:37 AM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
finished cutting the big parts today. will hopefully start gluing stuff together tomorrow...
Could you take more pics of the cut out parts etc?

I have plans on building a 6.5' long A-4 using JetSet44 technique, I feel I'll save some weight by light glassing or liquid sheeting....would love to know how you guys do your corners...is it just a matter of taking your time or do you use a template?

Thx
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:13 AM
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Dec 1996
7,929 Posts
The look on Andy's face the first time I showed him hot wire cutting (with a homemade bow)...it was a grin from ear to ear!
Ed Waldrep is offline Find More Posts by Ed Waldrep
Old Dec 29, 2011, 11:30 AM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
Could you take more pics of the cut out parts etc?

.would love to know how you guys do your corners...is it just a matter of taking your time or do you use a template?

Thx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Waldrep View Post
The look on Andy's face the first time I showed him hot wire cutting (with a homemade bow)...it was a grin from ear to ear!
Hi erh7771,

The 3 view drawings have cross sections. I marked the locations of the cross sections made templates and shaped those areas to match the template, then blended the rest by just eyeballing it. In the pic you can kinda see the lines drawn on the bottom of the fues marking were each template was to go.

Yeah Ed that was pretty cool.

Cool Brent!!! get us some pics when your ready. Man the more I look at this plane the more I like it..May favorite build ever for sure!!!
Old Dec 29, 2011, 12:01 PM
Swat Team Member
LV, NV
Joined Apr 2003
623 Posts
Thanks Andy

I am very interested in your build and once I finish my B-2 I have some other huge projects in mind...

P. Richards aka SwatTeam
P. Richards is offline Find More Posts by P. Richards
Old Dec 29, 2011, 04:36 PM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon5 View Post
LOl..yeah I thought that also, but for some reason the immense size doesn't become apparent until the vertical stab is placed on. Then all of a sudden it reaches out and slaps you in the face then punches you in the stomach and say's hah..you like that..You wanted big well now you got big. Then it looks at you with this over inflated sense of entitlement and looks like it needs to be fed or it will get pissed. But take the vertical stab back off and she go's back to being a docile creature who loves it's mother.
Classic
Eddie P is offline Find More Posts by Eddie P
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2011, 06:06 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,621 Posts
i saw brents foam to day ....does'nt weigh too much.i was take'n back by the stabs ...there bigger than the wings on my 70mm F-20 ...going to need to balance those and use a serious servo.
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Dec 29, 2011, 07:14 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,621 Posts
we just cut some triangle stock by cutting 2x2 squareas of foam 4ft long ,then we tilted the blade 45Degres and cut the squares into 2 triangles 4 ft long ....we looked like a couple of smurf's....big olr smurf's
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:35 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
we just cut some triangle stock by cutting 2x2 squareas of foam 4ft long ,then we tilted the blade 45Degres and cut the squares into 2 triangles 4 ft long ....we looked like a couple of smurf's....big olr smurf's
Sounds smurf tastic!! keep it up!!