HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 08, 2012, 01:33 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,558 Posts
Welcom aboard acesimmer,

Setting up the gear door sequencer. Can either have the doors open or closed when gear is down. I have seen more pics of T-38's with doors closed when gear is down vs. open but it does kinda look cool sitting on the ground with the doors open. Not a big deal setting it up just flip a couple dip switches for either choice.
If set up for closed the sequencer will open the doors, retract the gear then close the doors. Same for putting the gear down. Doors open, gear comes down, doors close.
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2012, 01:39 PM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,830 Posts
TTTTTotaly awsome!
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Old Mar 08, 2012, 02:03 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,258 Posts
That is one damn good looking airplane.
AceMigKiller is online now Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Old Mar 08, 2012, 02:21 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,654 Posts
once the engines are shut off ...and the hydro pressure is gone the doors sag open .....in flight they are shut.great job it wont be long now
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Mar 08, 2012, 02:30 PM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,192 Posts
Andy what servo sequencer is that again? What radio system are you gonna use?
Eddie P is online now Find More Posts by Eddie P
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2012, 03:54 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,558 Posts
Ahh good info , Thx A/S.

Eddie the squencer is a Lado Retract regulator manufactured by Wike RC Products. It is a voltage regulator as well as a sequencer to be sure the retracts get 5.2 volts and no more.

My Radio is a JR 9303 with a R921 RX with 2 power ports for two separate batts and also 2 additional satalite rx's. I will power the T-38 with three 2S batts and two voltage regulators. One voltage reg takes two batts for redundancy and the third 2S batt will be on it's own voltage reg.

This plane will have tripple redundant power for all it's systems so it will have three separate sourses to draw from. Should one fail it will have two more to feed off of.

Should it be strugling in any way for power I am alerted with the landing gear being lowerd without my comand to signal me a low voltage situation may exist.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 06:04 PM
Official Boat Bum
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Mar 2000
7,192 Posts
Pretty cool! You will be covered, that's for sure. I thought I was being safe with redundant packs on a separate battery bus Thanks for the sequencer info, I was looking for a servo operated gear door sequencer and settled on a HK el cheapo variety on a whim. If it doesn't work with my Futaba radio I'll be getting one of those little units you have. It seems like a quality unit from your description!

With so many big surfaces as well as electric retracts I think you are going about it correctly!
Eddie P is online now Find More Posts by Eddie P
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2012, 07:45 PM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,208 Posts
Looking really great Andy. "You know the old saying How do you keep them down on the farm once they've been o the big city?" How will you ever go back to building "small" 6 or 7 foot long jets????

J
J Morgan is online now Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV-10A Bronco from Palmer Plans
Old Mar 08, 2012, 08:18 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,654 Posts
wheres those wings ......call Charlotte and tell her you miss her ....then fake a head ache....they use that one all the time
the doors are awsome i wish C/N could get going on his .sometime OT sucks
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Mar 08, 2012, 09:44 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,888 Posts
im taking tomorrow off, and plan to get some rc time in. really need to get my RCL T-33 done so i can have a edf i can fly anywhere.

ill be working on the wings/stabs and forward fuse first.
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Mar 08, 2012, 09:58 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
wheres those wings ......call Charlotte and tell her you miss her ....then fake a head ache....they use that one all the time
the doors are awsome i wish C/N could get going on his .sometime OT sucks
Yep Rodger I made the call and did my best hostage negotiation and the warden agreed to relese the wings this Sunday unharmed
We all look forward to Brents build. Looking at mine I still can't believe there will be 2 of them..WOW!!! I have flown so much with Brent in FSX we have begun to sence the others moves and when he makes the radio calls such as breaks releas on 3 ,2 ,1 we both are in such sink that the 2 jets move as one. I think this will carry over to R/C formation flying when we get the T-38's up together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Morgan View Post
Looking really great Andy. "You know the old saying How do you keep them down on the farm once they've been o the big city?" How will you ever go back to building "small" 6 or 7 foot long jets????

J
Yeah John the photos are just not conveying the sheer size of it. I will post a pic of it from a certain angle and then look at it in person from that same angle and go Hmmm it looks so small in the pictures compared to in person. You know you have a big plane on your hands when you have to walk clear accross a living room to get from one end of the plane to the other.
The next build is quite a bit smaller going to be the Flyfly Sabre. C/N & A/S made a new nose and canopy for it. Turned out great!! After that ????
Old Mar 08, 2012, 10:01 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,888 Posts
ive got some leftover 1" foam....thinking of the next build lol. maybe a cool looking large 120mm pattern sport jet....
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Mar 08, 2012, 10:16 PM
Yank Pilot
United States, CO, Hotchkiss
Joined Oct 2006
1,668 Posts
Guys, this is the coolest stuff, roll your own. I'm going to have to learn how to work this foam! Thanks for sharing,

Randy
Pilatuspc12 is online now Find More Posts by Pilatuspc12
Old Mar 08, 2012, 10:17 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,558 Posts
I have been having stirrings for an offensively large Rare Bear build.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 10:19 PM
Yank Pilot
United States, CO, Hotchkiss
Joined Oct 2006
1,668 Posts
You know, John Penney lives in Denver. We met him at a QB meeting. Heck of a nice guy,

Randy
Pilatuspc12 is online now Find More Posts by Pilatuspc12