whoa cool reading!
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:30 PM
T-28C, Extra 300, Beast UMX
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
529 Posts
Great googly moogly, this is an (expletive deleted) masterpiece!

Simply outstanding.
GimpyPilot is offline Find More Posts by GimpyPilot
Old Mar 06, 2012, 11:38 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,258 Posts
Falcon ...spoken like a true T-38 pilot
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Mar 07, 2012, 12:55 AM
United States, OH, Tallmadge
Joined Dec 2006
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
I tried SS100 on EPO and the EPO was too porous. I was using the 1.9 EPO foam blocks similar to what RCFoam sells but I got my EPO from a store in Tx

How did you seal up the EPO you were using?

Thx in advance
I'm using the SS100 on a FMS 1700mm p-47, then repainting it in Gabreski's colors, so the existing paint job is getting a little scuff-up, the SS1000, then its airbrush time. The EPO on the surfaces in these arfs is alot tighter than a raw block i think, probably from the forming process.

I dont want to hijack Falcons thread - check out the FMS 1700mm P-47 thread for more updates on the SS.
F2G-1 is offline Find More Posts by F2G-1
Old Mar 07, 2012, 09:02 AM
Retired and Lovin' it!
United States, KY, Sturgis
Joined Jul 2007
2,570 Posts
Andy- Thanks for the descriptions. They bring back old memories for me. I didn't fly the T-38 but sometimes it almost felt like it. From 73-76, I was stationed at Webb AFB, TX, an AF pilot training base (long since closed). I was assigned to the Learning Center and we used really high tech (for then) audiovisual equipment (an audio tape player and slide projector) to assist in the training program. One of my jobs at the Learning Center was to narrate various procedures, i.e. take-off, landing, various departures and arrivals, onto audio tape and then synchronize the audio (tapes) with the video (slide) presentations for use in the student study carrels. It was fun work for me because I was really involved with flying RC and also with attaining my own private pilots licence. (My initial flight instructor was an AF T-38 pilot instructor who didn't charge me for his instruction.)

As an 'old fart' now, it is really great when someone posts something that prompts old worn out memory cells. Thanks again for the memories.

Tony
TPfingston is offline Find More Posts by TPfingston
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: North Las Vegas 1971
Old Mar 07, 2012, 11:04 AM
Capt. Z
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2004
2,655 Posts
Thanks guys!! That's cool Tony. The web site I cut and pasted all that from has a ton more about the T-38. I was sitting here one evening reading it all and was captivated by it.

You know it's just the coolest thing to read about what other people did or do for a living in the aviation field. So many on this thread have such fascinating aviation back grounds.

Charlotte is back form L.A. and the wings are in Bishop Ca. waiting for me to pick them up this weekend. I called her up and said hi just calling to see how are my wings are doing, I mean...clear my throat ..called to see how my sweet heart is doing.... Yeah.. she didn't like that too much..
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
Old Mar 07, 2012, 11:21 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,814 Posts
spoken like a true RC addict....

honey hows it going? good......soo.....did any packages happen to get dropped off today.....yeah....why?......no wondering.... LOL
Old Mar 07, 2012, 12:10 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
spoken like a true RC addict....

honey hows it going? good......soo.....did any packages happen to get dropped off today.....yeah....why?......no wondering.... LOL
lol

Should be a sticky
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2012, 02:37 PM
United States, AZ, Chino Valley
Joined Feb 2005
780 Posts
Thanks for the memories

When flying the back seat in a T-38 the pilots told me that if anything happended to them to fly the approach and landing at 175 Kts and hold the nose high until 100 Kts. Then STOMP on the brakes for all its worth ... screw the tires!!! I had a 3 mile long runway so had lots of space. Fortunately I never had to find out if this Private pilot could pull that off!!! Used to fly over your town on the way to Tonapah Test Range. Boy do you have LOTS of flying sites!! Your T-38 is looking FANTASTIC...Keep up the fine work and MORE Pictures!!!

Randy
Meatball is offline Find More Posts by Meatball
Old Mar 07, 2012, 08:15 PM
United States, IL, Edwardsville
Joined Dec 2011
261 Posts
Dont forget the throttle gate after start, the nozzle swing to verify ab light and the chevron on the dash for the final turn aoa!
flyingfitz737 is offline Find More Posts by flyingfitz737
Old Mar 07, 2012, 08:20 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
21,258 Posts
Andy .man dont blow it with her .... shes a keeper ,any woman that would pick up your parts ,and go out of her way to get them .........and not bang them up .
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Mar 07, 2012, 08:33 PM
Capt. Z
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2004
2,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingfitz737 View Post
Dont forget the throttle gate after start, the nozzle swing to verify ab light and the chevron on the dash for the final turn aoa!
Yeah Fitz I cut out a few details for editing purposes...Another thing I read is the rudder only has like 6 degrees of travel when the gear is retracted..but full travel when gear down. So many things

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
Andy .man dont blow it with her .... shes a keeper ,any woman that would pick up your parts ,and go out of her way to get them .........and not bang them up .
Yeah she's a keeper all right, After my little joke she said the dogs needed a chew toy and they Love foam so she deffietly got me back : D
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
Old Mar 07, 2012, 09:03 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,814 Posts
hahahahaha! i can see her saying that lol! thats funny right there...i dont care who you are!

i did carve the balsa LE and TE of one of my stabs today. amazing how light it is.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 11:42 PM
Faith in Lift.
United States, CO, Hotchkiss
Joined Oct 2006
1,719 Posts
Cool beans, this is fun stuff!

Randy
Pilatuspc12 is offline Find More Posts by Pilatuspc12
Old Mar 08, 2012, 11:17 AM
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,135 Posts
Just read the whole thread... Great stuff!!
acesimmer is offline Find More Posts by acesimmer