SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 18, 2012, 08:21 AM
it wasn't me flying that plane
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Mar 2011
704 Posts
Falcon5,
the work is out of this world sharp...Just incredible looking and going so fast for such a big bird..blown away each morning I come in to see the progress..Very inspirational!!
Take care..................................Chris
Hover or die is offline Find More Posts by Hover or die
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2012, 09:52 AM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,564 Posts
Thanks Hover,

Not sure if it's the size or what but this build so far and I want to say so far cuz not sure what I may run into later but is going realy nice. The parts are big to work with and I realy like building with the 1" blue foam. This weekend I hope to get some glassing done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltjg View Post
Mark, also what works really well is elmers rubber cement. Comes in a jar with an attached brush, you can get it at wally for like $1.60 in the craft section(Elmers also makes a more expensive type for pictures for like a $1 more, but the original works real good). Brush on both surfaces, let dry(about a min) put together, make sure your lined up, works like contact cement so no adjusting when you put them together.. and the bonus is it sands like it isn't even there!!! Give it a try! Good luck! w.
Going to get me some of that stuff Walt, good info. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbruce View Post
Hi Andy

Nice work

If your main wheels are a little wide you might use some wheels of of a baby stroller...

just make sure that the stroller is not being used LOL

I don't think you would have much luck explaining that one to the woman or the baby
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
Old Jan 18, 2012, 05:06 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Jan 2011
4,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon5 View Post
Yeah Like Brent said anyone wanting to fly flight simulator with us it is soooo addicting. They have come such a long way with the flight sims these days that with a few add ons they are pretty realistic.

Last night we did a simulated engine failer in a T-33 in formation with strong cross winds and bad weather and after we landed I had a little white knuckles going on.
Might join you after midterms are over with. I have a saitek x52 here thats getting a little dusty and I could use some flying time on the sim.
Endlesslag is online now Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:13 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,049 Posts
we haveca ball flying our t33's and f5's together.

andy...looking great man!!!! ill try to make some progress on the cores this weekend.....ahh....the kidless building days of yore......
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:43 PM
Member 120mph Club
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
Joined Oct 2004
12,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
.....ahh....the kidless building days of yore......
You end this by leaving the build table too many times.

Guys, looking sweet! A build of this size would take me 2 years to complete. I am two months into the 1/10 Cougar and not near done!
ATIS is offline Find More Posts by ATIS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: maxford Nieuport 1/5th Scale
Old Jan 19, 2012, 09:46 AM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlesslag View Post
Might join you after midterms are over with. I have a saitek x52 here thats getting a little dusty and I could use some flying time on the sim.
Sounds great Endless, when your ready PM me or Brent your e-mail address and we will send you the file for the F-5 and T-33. We flew the F-5 for a few weeks then Brent got ahold of the T-33 and man that one is sweet to fly formation with. If you don't have a good head set pick one up, we chat quite a bit while flying like breaks relese on three and speed breaks on three type of stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
we haveca ball flying our t33's and f5's together.

andy...looking great man!!!! ill try to make some progress on the cores this weekend.....ahh....the kidless building days of yore......
Thanks Brent, sounds good on the cores.

Trying to keep all the what to do next steps of the build in my head got to the point were I couldn't keep them straight anymore so I typed out the next 47 steps in the build. Gettin' old ya know It took up two pages
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:55 AM
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Dec 1996
7,929 Posts
I finally got the T-33 working in FlightsimX. I hadn't put that soundguage.dll file into the main flightsim folder like the readme said...once I did the plane loaded fine even in multiplayer.

And on the epoxy....I use playing cards to spread it usually, along with a brush. I scrape off the excess and wipe it on a towel. I've also added a few drops of whatever kind of paint to give it some color so it's easier to see. Just pick a color different than your primer color...you want a distinct contrast there.
Ed Waldrep is offline Find More Posts by Ed Waldrep
Old Jan 19, 2012, 01:51 PM
check for reversed controls
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
10,203 Posts
Watching this one with envy
alpea 41 is offline Find More Posts by alpea 41
Old Jan 19, 2012, 03:17 PM
J. Titors Gr Gr Grandpappy
Charlotte,NC
Joined May 2005
1,939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpea 41 View Post
Watching this one with envy
Agreed!
Sonofagun is offline Find More Posts by Sonofagun
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2x0
Old Jan 19, 2012, 04:30 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Jan 2011
4,025 Posts
Reinstalling FSX tonight After I get this goldberg cub of mine running right I think I'll start building myself a small (dual 64mm?) t-38, this is looking great!

Or maybe an F-16XL...or an SU-47...or a Eurofighter....Tough choice, I love all 3 of those planes
Endlesslag is online now Find More Posts by Endlesslag
Old Jan 19, 2012, 05:12 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,787 Posts
C/N can tell you all about the F-16XL he did one from a HP F-16
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Jan 19, 2012, 08:34 PM
check for reversed controls
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Oct 2007
10,203 Posts
Brent and Andy where the heck in So. Ca. are you guys finding Dow Square Edge Insul- board... The only place I've ever found it is as scraps in a local refridgerated case manufacturing Co.s dumpster here in Chino. About a month ago there was a whole tractor trailer load of it ( in an assortment of thickneses)parked on the street down the road from my house. When I drove by I pictured in my mind about 1000 foamie scratch builts. lol lol
alpea 41 is offline Find More Posts by alpea 41
Last edited by alpea 41; Jan 19, 2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 09:07 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpea 41 View Post
Brent and Andy where the heck in So. Ca. are you guys finding Dow Square Edge Insul- board... The only place I've ever found it is as scraps in a local refridgerated case manufacturing Co.s dumpster here in Chino. About a month ago there was a whole tractor trailer load of it ( in an assortment of thickneses)parked on the street down the road from my house. When I drove by I pictured in my mind about 1000 foamie scratch builts. lol lol
I got it in Bishop, Ca. where my girlfriend lives. We were in the lumber section at the Ace Hardware one day getting ply wood for a project for her house and when we walked up to the plywood section off to my left the clouds parted the angels sang and a giant rainbow appeared and there it was stacked floor to the ceiling 1" blue foam. I nearly had a heart attack and my girlfriend asked if I was Ok cuz I guess the blood had rushed out of my face for a moment and I just said yeah no problem why??. It took me a few minutes to gather myself but I was never the same after that moment. Never again would I not know what to build a big R/C plane out of. Sniff sniff as I wipe a tear..ahh yeas that a great day indeed.
Last edited by falcon5; Jan 19, 2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 09:27 PM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon5 View Post
I got it in Bishop, Ca. where my girlfriend lives. We were in the lumber section at the Ace Hardware one day getting ply wood for a project for her house and when we walked up to the plywood section off to my left the clouds parted the angels sang and a giant rainbow appeared and there it was stacked floor to the ceiling 1" blue foam. I nearly had a heart attack and my girlfriend asked if I was Ok cuz I guess the blood had rushed out of my face for a moment and I just said yeah no problem why??. It took me a few minutes to gather myself but I was never the same after that moment. Never again would I not know what to build a big R/C plane out of. Sniff sniff as I wipe a tear..ahh yeas that a great day indeed.
I know the feeling!

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV-10A Bronco from Palmer Plans
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:34 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,400 Posts
falcon5, What a truly beautiful description. I have never heard of foam sheets quite decribed with that amount of emotion!!
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Last edited by CoolerByTheLake; Jan 20, 2012 at 02:54 AM.