21,531 Posts
couple more...
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Feb 24, 2013, 01:15 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,531 Posts
well, i need to re check the servos, i forgot their numbers, im using hitec metal gear, BB hi tq servos on the ail, flaps, rudder, if i remember correctly, they have about 150oz of tq. the stabs have 1/4 scale hitec servos, they have 340oz of tq each, and they each have their own power supply, (which also powers the rest of the radio) im using 2, 2s 2500 mah LIFE packs, so 2s 5000. thats so theres plenty of juice, and i dont have to worry about packs sagging under load, causing brown out. im using a airtronics radio, a SD10G, and the older style 8ch rx. ive been using airtronics for about 7 years, and ive never ever had had a failure, nor have i known anybody who had a failure, so no satalite rx's or anything like that. they dont even make them for airtronics that i know of.

on the exhaust, that is aluminum tape, with some titanium and steel airbrush work. i need to clean them up a bit because they have gotten messy with all the rework.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Goodchild View Post
Dude, that's awesome. Two things I meant to ask earlier:

1. What kind of servos are you using on the control surfaces and what sort of receiver power systems, satellite antennas etc? I've never flown anything bigger than 60" foam so am interested in whether additional fail-safes or similar precautions are needed at this size.

2. How did you achieve that fantastic metallic effect at the exhaust nozzles - they look great!

Cheers,

Si G
Old Feb 24, 2013, 01:25 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,189 Posts
Brent it looks really good! great job... can't wait to hear your next flight report and I hope to see video!!

is that snow on your lawn? to cold for me man....lol
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101
Old Feb 24, 2013, 06:34 PM
Canada, AB, Okotoks
Joined Apr 2007
1,272 Posts
You did such a great job, looks so cool.
thedeuce is offline Find More Posts by thedeuce
Old Feb 25, 2013, 06:06 AM
Lincolnshire, UK
Joined Oct 2009
522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
well, i need to re check the servos, i forgot their numbers, im using hitec metal gear, BB hi tq servos on the ail, flaps, rudder, if i remember correctly, they have about 150oz of tq. the stabs have 1/4 scale hitec servos, they have 340oz of tq each, and they each have their own power supply, (which also powers the rest of the radio) im using 2, 2s 2500 mah LIFE packs, so 2s 5000. thats so theres plenty of juice, and i dont have to worry about packs sagging under load, causing brown out. im using a airtronics radio, a SD10G, and the older style 8ch rx. ive been using airtronics for about 7 years, and ive never ever had had a failure, nor have i known anybody who had a failure, so no satalite rx's or anything like that. they dont even make them for airtronics that i know of.

on the exhaust, that is aluminum tape, with some titanium and steel airbrush work. i need to clean them up a bit because they have gotten messy with all the rework.
Fantastic, very many thanks for taking the time to get back to me on this.

Si G
Si Goodchild is offline Find More Posts by Si Goodchild
Old Feb 25, 2013, 06:12 AM
Lincolnshire, UK
Joined Oct 2009
522 Posts
Got them!

http://www.sussex-model-centre.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=753

Reasonably inexpensive too.
Si Goodchild is offline Find More Posts by Si Goodchild
Old Feb 25, 2013, 06:29 AM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,540 Posts
Looks and sounds awesome!!!! Look forward to re-maiden.!! and yep, you better get some good video of it
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:41 AM
RC Fanatic
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Mar 2002
1,338 Posts
Quote:
heres a little video from today..

after 5 min of varied throttle, and lots of full power, im still at 3.8v per cell. i should be able to get 6 min once the model is all sorted out. not bad for a flying long board lol

http://youtu.be/jZGWbdRWc2w
Thats one hell of a leaf blower you got there..
Reco is offline Find More Posts by Reco
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:03 AM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,540 Posts
Blowing the little dump truck out of your garage reminds me of this 13 second video

United 747 Jet Blast Car (0 min 13 sec)
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:57 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,531 Posts
thats funny wingman, i was thinking the same thing when it happened lol
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:41 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,742 Posts
Quote:

+1 on the Airtronics I only have the 8 but have not used it a ton but it's been flawless so far. I will be getting the sd10 when I can afford it,
unclecrash is offline Find More Posts by unclecrash
Old Feb 26, 2013, 04:46 PM
Gillette,WY
Joined Jan 2005
66 Posts
A very nice T-38 CN
Take Care
Marty
Marty Snell is offline Find More Posts by Marty Snell
Old Feb 28, 2013, 08:16 AM
United States, OH, Reynoldsburg
Joined May 2004
1,548 Posts
Heya Nut , That's sweet.
Good Luck on the remaiden.
Woody
W. X. Davis is online now Find More Posts by W. X. Davis
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:44 PM
Living a Dream
Winsen (Aller) Germany
Joined Oct 2003
4,076 Posts
Good Luck!! ..hey Andy and Brent, you should use silver thin for the battery connections. .. are you?
HJ
Hans-Joachim is offline Find More Posts by Hans-Joachim