Just beautiful man!!
Jetnfast is offline Find More Posts by Jetnfast
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:43 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,549 Posts
paint is on!!!! used duplicolor laquer. spayed pretty nice and it was cheap too. perfect sheen...not gloss...not flat
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:46 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,549 Posts
pics...
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:48 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,549 Posts
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:49 PM
United States, MO, Warrensburg
Joined Feb 2008
2,251 Posts
I love how you have the sectional on the glareshield! You captured the realism there, nice work!
Jetnfast is offline Find More Posts by Jetnfast
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:52 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,549 Posts
ok well decals are on...still needs panel lines and some other details as well. needs just a tiny bit.of weathering..also i thinkbi lost my name decals. or maybe i never got them...not sure. anyhow....the paint turned out great! the body work isnt perfect but the real ones are far from perfect lol. at this point my investment is way past my normal amount for a model..time wise. in any case im pretty happy with it. maiden should be in 2 weeks....booyah!
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:59 PM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,060 Posts
Now we're cookin'!!! Looks great Nut. Good luck on the re-maiden.

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV-10A Bronco from Palmer Plans
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:59 PM
Fly it like you STOL it!
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,823 Posts
Put a Gopro in the Cockpit!
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:06 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,540 Posts
Man looks awesome wingman!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like your back seater's name..pretty cool!!!!
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:25 PM
Capt. Z
Tonopah, Nevada
Joined Dec 2004
2,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmeano_from_MO View Post
Even with all of the build shots nothing gives an idea of its size than putting it on your car. Bolt it on and you have afterburners for that Stang.
LOL...When the topic turns to size I always like to re post the "stand it on it's tail lean it up against a house and put a 6' 2" tall dude next to it" shot.....now that's one spicy meat ball !!
falcon5 is offline Find More Posts by falcon5
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:31 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,507 Posts
man you could have competed with those hosers on "Top Gear" when they bolted sleeping quarters onto there cars! LOL glad you got it painted ,dry enough for decals all ready?
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:32 PM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,189 Posts

Bud it just looks great man!!! your so fast it's crazy!

I wish I could see this thing fly!!! you will have to let me know when you fly it and I'll see if I can work it out.... I would love to bring the camera down and do a video for you. It's just such a long drive and time has been limited for me with work

you can't even tell that thing has had any damage at all... cool looking plane!
After you have it all sorted out you need to take that thing to best of the west... I'm sure you could take away one of the EDF awards no problem
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:07 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,549 Posts
thanks guys!

wingman, id never be at this point if it wasnt for you!!!!!

dad...yeah, this stuff dried super fast, im glad it was halfway warm today

ron, id love to use your video skills, im planning to maiden on the 2nd of march, just havnt decided on a location yet. im hoping to have your F-18 done in 2-3 weeks tops, so maybe ill hold out of the maiden until you can come pickup the 18, and then we'll go fly this thing. chances are the weather is going to go to crap the next couple weeks, so that just might workout to your advantage!

next weekend ill be reinstalling everything and doing ground runs/checkouts...so after that it will be ready for maiden when the weather is right. im taking 0 chances this time, my personal investment is so huge in this thing, its not flying unless all the stars align, i have no problem sticking this thing back in the car if theres a single doubt about anything. i didn thave that attitude the first time around, but i sure as hell do now. this model is so freaking cool, its probably the coolest model i'll ever have, and im going to treat it as such lol.

its crazy walking into the garage and seeing this haha. and no, i still cant believe it flew on 90mm fans!!!! haha. crazy!
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:19 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,507 Posts
im glad you want to be careful with it now ...i think you were in the gotta fly it mode in vegas ....i was worried about how we had to thrash on it ,best to get it right this time ,safest place is going to be Edwards muroc modlers lake bed ,next best place is Buttonwillow..that save ron a hour and a half drive just dont know if you can get them both in the car...man we need a trailer now
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:23 PM
Crystal River Fl.
Joined Jul 2008
3,681 Posts
Hey Nut, awesome looking there! You'll be just right on timing there, strap that big boy on top of that stang and head here for SEFF!!! w
Waltjg is offline Find More Posts by Waltjg