HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2013, 07:46 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,520 Posts
just a little update pilot/seats/gauges are installed with cockpit floor, and forward windscreen is installed. today im going to put a couple patches on the pilot, and install the center canopy, sealing up the cockpit! after that, ive got to finish some body work, tidy up the inside a little bit, and its ready for paint! i fixed the r/h gear door, and did some glass reinforcements to the inside of the fuse, as well as the gear well/spar area i think she'll be ready to fly in a few weeks! im getting really exited again! and the new motors, esc's and collet adapters for the 8mm shafts are waiting for me at home, and im going to pick up the fan units from larry wolfe this weekend!
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:15 AM
Oshkosh, WI
Joined Nov 2002
2,370 Posts
Looking forward to your up power mods. Good decision.

Phil
PhilLin is offline Find More Posts by PhilLin
Last edited by PhilLin; Jan 16, 2013 at 12:38 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:48 AM
United States, AK, Ketchikan
Joined Mar 2008
1,377 Posts
Looking forward to some photos! I'm glad that one of these planes is being saved, I was sad to see the fate of falcon's plane.
bdshort is offline Find More Posts by bdshort
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:33 PM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,054 Posts
All good news Nut.

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV-10A Bronco from Palmer Plans
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:51 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,520 Posts
well, cockpit is all in, and canopies on! i added the rear view mirrors, the compass mounted on the pilots window frame, and i also threw in a aeronautical map of california folded up and stuffed up into the window/dashboard area. should be all painted in a week or two!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:13 AM
Current project: Electrolyte
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,453 Posts
Sounds like your getting closer to a remainden CN! Have you decided where that is going to happen? Btw, Love the map in cockpit...its a nice touch !
pdawg is online now Find More Posts by pdawg
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:11 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,520 Posts
yeah, after seeing yours, i realized its a great piece to add. having flown full scale a number of times, we always throw the maps up there lol.

maiden should be in a few weeks, might go for edwards if the weather is right
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:19 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,505 Posts
thats is the safest place ....any proplems just land on the lake bed this should be much better thrust and performance.and having a batt hatch is goldeni got started on my much smaller WoW planes T-38 too .
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:51 PM
United States, CA, Lancaster
Joined Jan 2009
1,230 Posts
I just joined Muroc Model Masters because I needed a larger place to test and maiden my planes. I am also a member of AVTI and it has a nice 600 foot runway but the overruns are extremely rough. That 600 foot runway is the only place to land and gets really small when you have to land in an emergency.
p901P901 is online now Find More Posts by p901P901
Last edited by p901P901; Jan 17, 2013 at 11:17 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:52 PM
United States, MO, Warrensburg
Joined Feb 2008
2,251 Posts
man, you guys are so lucky to have places like that to fly! I cant believe how limited I am here in West Central Missouri! A recent spot I have been flying is no more, and I have to find anothe place close, or else its a 40 mile drive each way to the closest 500 ft paved field.
Jetnfast is offline Find More Posts by Jetnfast
Old Jan 18, 2013, 02:24 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,505 Posts
well its 40 miles to the base for me and C/N ...70 to button willow and 1:30 to the basin,so we have to drive too for our bigger planes...small stuff we can do at our home field ...but even that is a 20 min drive to a 450 ft matt runway.the base does'nt have a field?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:50 AM
Current project: Electrolyte
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,453 Posts
El Mirage is the nicest lakebed I've personally flown on and it's much closer to you than the basin. For a T-38 test flight that place would be hard to beat! I was always taught that it's better to drive a little farther for the best possible chances of success. A little extra driving saves a whole lot of extra repair time. I'll meet up where ever you decide.
pdawg is online now Find More Posts by pdawg
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:47 AM
United States, CA, Lancaster
Joined Jan 2009
1,230 Posts
Rodger:
I hear there is a new field just opened off of Highland. I hear that it is a big field.
p901P901 is online now Find More Posts by p901P901
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:04 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,505 Posts
it's about 400ft of dirt ...not the best for EDF but it is a nice place and the sun is behind you so that helps.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:17 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,520 Posts
got my motors and esc's today, along with the 8mm adapters from ejf! they fit the turbax rotor perfect! i do need to trim a little off the motor shafts though. im pretty exited. going to get fans on monday! i got himodel (himax) esc's, they are good for 14s! lee liddle sowed me them, and said hes really liked them, and hes pushed them to 140a on 14s! im only running 12s, and should be in the 120a range, and they will have plenty of airflow. im also changing the paint. last time i used a REALLY heavy epoxy paint, chemical proof yada yada....got for free from work lol. it added about 4 lbs to the plane (no joke) this time im going to use automotive paint, and its much much lighter, so hoping to save a couple pounds and make up for all the fixing ive had to do. the motors are about 1 lbs heavier between the two of them, and maybe another pound more for the larger fans. if i can be under 46lbs, ill be stoked. best case ill have 36 lbs of thrust, so thats a decent ratio, and the model should really fly with nice authority. we already know it flies ok at 20 lbs of thrust, so this will be a huge improvement, might even get a loop from it. im thinking top speed will be in the 140 range. very scale speed.